PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup 2011

opinionated ow
10-15-11, 04:20 AM
so, who're your picks? I'm thinking Wales v Wallabies in the final with a Wales win...

emjaya
10-15-11, 09:31 AM
Maybe we should explain the rules first.

nW0Fp16XhZo

opinionated ow
10-15-11, 10:01 AM

nW0Fp16XhZo

The worst part of that is the Kiwis girls are cuter...

Napoleon
10-15-11, 10:47 AM

Now this is a sport I can get into.

NismoZ
10-15-11, 09:11 PM
Way better than those overdressed padded-up langerie football babes! Be nice if we could get this whole BROADcast in slow motion!:thumbup:I'd probably be calling an early TV time-out!

opinionated ow
10-16-11, 01:08 AM
no wussy padding in rugby! The yanks did show up but I think they lost every game

EVL29
10-17-11, 06:40 PM
They beat Russia!

emjaya
10-17-11, 07:20 PM
They beat Russia!

Only game that mattered. :thumbup:

Kiwifan
10-23-11, 06:05 AM
A long time between drinks. ;-)

opinionated ow
10-23-11, 07:43 AM
Congrats to the All Blacks but I really did think that the French deserved to win that.

emjaya
10-23-11, 08:20 AM
No sheep is safe tonight in the Shaky isles.

8-7. Edge of the seat stuff. :thumbup:

Kiwifan
10-23-11, 01:10 PM
Congrats to the All Blacks but I really did think that the French deserved to win that.

So did I, they played all the rugby for sure.

TravelGal
10-23-11, 01:17 PM
Congrats to Rusty and his country!

Great article in "The Telegraph" conveys the flat out drama of the game. Don't want to quote too much but here's the beginning and the link. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/8844197/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-New-Zealand-8-France-7-match-report.html

It was an utterly gripping, dog-fight of a match, despite the low score, and comfortably the best World Cup final we have been treated to. France, as we hoped they might, produced a superhuman effort, which we know they can when the mood is with them. They threw the kitchen sink at the All Blacks, playing with great spirit, elan and no little bravery.

It wasn't to be, though, and come the end Sir Brian Lochore, the New Zealand coach back in 1987, strode onto the field with a young mini rugby player from Christchurch to deliver the World Cup to the presentation party. New Zealand rugby is finally back on top.

So the mother of all parties can begin, and New Zealand can shed the 'chokers' tag that has haunted them, but they only won this match by a hair's breadth. Indeed, yet again in this bizarre but wonderful World Cup, the better team lost. France won everything bar the match.

Kiwifan
10-23-11, 01:19 PM
No sheep is safe tonight in the Shaky isles.

You'll keep! :)

Crikey! What's happened to the Indy? Saturday crowds looked pretty thin, I remember you had to fight to walk around the "whole" track let alone the shortened version. :eek:

Kiwifan
10-23-11, 01:28 PM
Congrats to Rusty and his country!

Thanks Gal, much closer than I expected. Don't think anyone gave the French much credit, before, during and after the game. :o

I reckon the TAB would have made a bundle, NZ paying only $1.08 for a win, a "fatman" scoring the only try and a score of 7/8?

Take care.

opinionated ow
10-23-11, 05:17 PM
You'll keep! :)

Crikey! What's happened to the Indy? Saturday crowds looked pretty thin, I remember you had to fight to walk around the "whole" track let alone the shortened version. :eek:

No international appeal? Why pay so much money to see less than if you made the trek up to the paperclip a couple of months prior? It's nothing more than a boganfest now...