PDA

View Full Version : Scott Dixon May test in F1

RaceChic
06-19-03, 08:10 AM
Article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sports/sportsstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3507992&thesection=sport&thesubsection=motorsports&thesecondsubsection=general)

Interesting thought. :)
Comments? I hand it over to the floor...............:D

Quote relating to Dixon:
"With more experience Dixon was now "really enjoying" it, with the racing close."
Looks like he has read Tony George's script now. :rolleyes:

chop456
06-19-03, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sports/sportsstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3507992&thesection=sport&thesubsection=motorsports&thesecondsubsection=general)

Interesting thought. :)
Comments? I hand it over to the floor...............:D

Quote relating to Dixon:
"With more experience Dixon was now "really enjoying" it, with the racing close."

Didn't he already test for Toyota last year around the time DaMatta did?

RaceChic
06-19-03, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Didn't he already test for Toyota last year around the time DaMatta did?

Not sure on that one, Chop. :)

Dr. Corkski
06-19-03, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by chop456
Didn't he already test for Toyota last year around the time DaMatta did? No, but he was supposed to.

RichK
06-19-03, 06:25 PM
"A lack of fuel pressure cost him in the Indy 500..."

Um, running into a wall while scrubbing tires didn't help, either.

chop456
06-19-03, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
No, but he was supposed to.

Thanks, Dr.

Who did test then, was it DaMatta, Helio, and Tora?

cartmanoz
06-23-03, 07:12 AM
He may TEST for Toyota, but I doubt very much he'll be given a ride after spending all year turning left.

pchall
06-23-03, 10:17 PM
I suppose it all depends on how his back is at the end of the season.

He's got several more tests and ten weekends to worry.

JSR
06-24-03, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic

Quote relating to Dixon:

It is possible that some of the drivers that have went to the IRL actually do enjoy it.

mapguy
06-24-03, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JSR
It is possible that some of the drivers that have went to the IRL actually do enjoy it.

Like who? DNFisher? Under-a-Cheever? Cornish-Hen? The only ones who enjoy it are wankers. I seriously doubt that guys like Dixon, Dashley, HCN and DeFerran are enjoying it.

Wheel-Nut
06-24-03, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Like who? DNFisher? Under-a-Cheever? Cornish-Hen? The only ones who enjoy it are wankers. I seriously doubt that guys like Dixon, Dashley, HCN and DeFerran are enjoying it.

I like those play on names!!

Here's one . . . . . A J "stick a IV k" in me Foyt!

JSR
06-24-03, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
I seriously doubt that guys like Dixon, Dashley, HCN and DeFerran are enjoying it.

I guess it's impossible, huh? Kanaan and HCN do look miserable.

racer2c
06-24-03, 04:46 PM
You know they want to be there as much as some know they don't. It's speculation. Time will tell. Heck, in ten years, Gil could confess it was his favorite series.
Personally, if think if you ask any of those Brazillians where they really want to race they would say F1. But from a pure logical standpoint you don't train all your life in the art of road racing and then turn your back on it and say you are happy you did.

mapguy
06-24-03, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JSR
I guess it's impossible, huh? Kanaan and HCN do look miserable.

Just towing the party line. Do you honestly beleive that they would stay where they are if they were offered a ride with Newman-Haas? Not a fat chance in hell. :rolleyes:

JSR
06-24-03, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
You know they want to be there as much as some know they don't. It's speculation. Time will tell. Heck, in ten years, Gil could confess it was his favorite series.
Personally, if think if you ask any of those Brazillians where they really want to race they would say F1. But from a pure logical standpoint you don't train all your life in the art of road racing and then turn your back on it and say you are happy you did.

I said that it is possible that they are enjoying the IRL. Not that they loved it or that it was their favorite series. I have no doubt that most of those guys would go to F1 in a heartbeat.