PDA

View Full Version : Grand-Am: Mid-Ohio 2011 - photos

rosawendel
09-18-11, 06:40 PM
I shot the Friday sessions.

linkification (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosawendel/sets/72157627574979575/detail/)

110 shots over 6 pages

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6191/6160175678_9ecbff7836_z.jpg

NismoZ
09-19-11, 09:58 AM
My ol' driving coach from the Porsche school is the CHAMP! Congrats to Andrew Davis and Brumos...though I actually wanted to see a Mazda win!:D

opinionated ow
09-19-11, 10:35 AM
I watched that race on fta tv last night...where were the cars? Last time I watched Grand-Am there was about 25 crapotypes and lots of gt cars. You can't even call them GT cars-how are RX8s, Camaros and Mustangs Grand Tourers?

NismoZ
09-19-11, 12:01 PM
All true, numbers down, "contrived" racing, weight on, weight off, but I can still appreciate good race driving, in cars that actually look different, (GTs) different mfgrs. with mid, front and rear engine configs. Sure they aren't running the multi-jillion $$ factory twin turbos, V-12s, Diesels, TRUE prototypes (for WHAT, I don't know) but 10 is still better there than 2-4 elsewhere. Nice to follow names like Gurney, Donohue, a bunch of Atlantic guys most of us liked and it IS competitive, at tracks that I like! It ain't the glory days any longer but I'll watch it.

chop456
09-19-11, 12:40 PM
Composition: A+
Technique: A+
Subject matter: F

:D

rosawendel
09-19-11, 08:21 PM
For me, this entire year has been about technique and composition with the camera, so, yeah, from the photographer's standpoint, the lack of crowds are cool. But the businessman in me wonders how long that series can last with such dismal attendance.

If anyone is interested in car counts and parity though, the continerntal tire series is pretty flippin' cool. There were some 80 cars on the entry list - they had to split qualifying into two groups.

Trevor Longman
09-19-11, 11:30 PM
We saw the Continental Tire guys at VIR this year and were going to see them again at NJMP before we realized it was going to be like 110 degrees out. Thats some of the best racing in america right now. Its close racing, its got massive grids, and the races are long enough for it to feel like more than a support race. I tivo all the Grand Am races and all the Continental Tire races and I always find myself fast forwarding through most of the grand am race but with them I watch the whole thing all the way through. To me they're the best asset Grand Am has.