PDA

View Full Version : Writing on the wall for Williams??

Rogue Leader
09-13-11, 07:32 AM
http://www.mclaren.com/page/vodafone-mclaren-mercedes-hires-sam-michael-as-sporting-director

They've been pretty irrelevant for a long while now. Now their top guy (aside from Patrick Head) bails for McLaren......

gerhard911
09-13-11, 08:52 AM
Not so much a "bail" as a "sacking". The SPUD announce crew has been talking about it since early in the season.

opinionated ow
09-13-11, 09:12 AM
Sam Michael is not very good anyway...

Rogue Leader
09-13-11, 11:02 AM
Yeah I forgot he had been talking about leaving for a while now. I guess maybe this is a "change for the better" but I just wonder how much longer FW can keep pumping money into a team that only had 1 stroke of brilliance (Hulkenberg's Pole) in the past 5 years.

Sounds like their engineering firm is doing pretty well though, maybe they just need to stick to that.

opinionated ow
09-13-11, 11:52 AM
Yeah I forgot he had been talking about leaving for a while now. I guess maybe this is a "change for the better" but I just wonder how much longer FW can keep pumping money into a team that only had 1 stroke of brilliance (Hulkenberg's Pole) in the past 5 years.

Sounds like their engineering firm is doing pretty well though, maybe they just need to stick to that.

Complete new broom next year-it may be exactly what the doctor ordered especially with what will be vastly more competitive Renault engines.

Also, the team isn't going anywhere. It's listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.

Ziggy
09-13-11, 01:45 PM
Frank will be fine as soon as he accquires a mountain of someone else's money. Then he can hire another designer to "assist" Head.