PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst LIVE! in HD on Speed.

Cam
09-07-11, 08:30 PM
You guys finally get to see the king of the mountain crowned live. :thumbup:

Enduro's on Speed. (http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsarticle/hd-broadcasts-for-enduros-on-seven-and-live-us-prime-time-coverage/tabid/70/newsid/11605/default.aspx)

Enjoy. :)

nissan gtp
09-07-11, 08:31 PM
cool :thumbup:

NismoZ
09-08-11, 10:34 AM
YESSS!:thumbup: I know some of you guys down there think it's crap but maybe you don't fully appreciate what many of us REAL:rofl:non-trool looser race fans have been going through here lately...like the last 15 years or so! All I know is YOUR Crapcars are way better than our Crapcars/wagons etc. and I will NOT miss this broadcast! And...did that Atlanta race even take place this week? Yawn (any news/rumors about possible American drivers for Austin?)

NismoZ
09-08-11, 10:47 AM
PS-gotta go to YouTube now and watch (and LISTEN:thumbup:) to Walkinshaw's '85 pole run at Mt. Panarama in that V-12 Jag....curb-hopping, 2 -wheels up, sliding, REAL gear shifting! Great clip.

Andrew Longman
09-08-11, 03:18 PM
IMO Aussie V8 are the best racing left on the planet. And nothing is better than the top of the hill at Bathurst. Cool :D:thumbup:

Racing Truth
09-13-11, 03:33 PM
And now, the semi-bad news. 'Ole DW part of SPEED crew (so is Leigh Diffey). (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/v8-nascars-waltrip-joy-lead-speeds-live-coverage-down-under/):saywhat:

Still, though, :bartscottvoice: Can't wait! :bartscottvoice:

NismoZ
09-13-11, 04:38 PM
That's OK, at this point I'd watch it without ANY commentary.

patski
09-14-11, 10:49 AM
That's OK, at this point I'd watch it without ANY commentary.

Probably be better that way!

opinionated ow
09-14-11, 11:11 AM
They could at least do the decent thing and give you Phillip Island rather than the dullness of the (shortened and worsened) Surfers circuit...

NismoZ
09-14-11, 01:05 PM
True...that's the place (PI) with shots of nothing but ocean behind a turn at the top of a hill? Impressive.

NismoZ
10-04-11, 11:44 PM
So, let me get this straight...V8s from 7pm Sat.-2am Sun, then F-1 at 2am Sun. 'til 4am? I'll be lucky to last until ten! LAP 10! :(

cameraman
10-05-11, 02:53 AM
Get a DVR.

NismoZ
10-05-11, 12:00 PM
Did you tell that to all those whiners who complained when CART wasn't carried LIVE...Yeah, those few hour delays editing out the yellows (and adding commercials) were HATED by the "true" race fans. Just ruined it for them! No, just remarking on all the good racing in NONprime time.:) I'm not worried. Gotta hook up that DVR, though!

TrueBrit
10-08-11, 07:15 PM
Getting ready to drop the flag!!!

emjaya
10-08-11, 07:29 PM
It looks cold and windy. It may rain later in the afternoon.

Link to weather radar. (http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR401.loop.shtml#skip)

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR401.loop.shtml#skip

nissan gtp
10-08-11, 07:42 PM
amazing track

NismoZ
10-08-11, 09:19 PM
40 laps in, the pace is incredible. I see the V-8 record is 2:06.8 (?) and Lowndes turned about a 1:43 in an F-1 McLaren? Some YouTube clips of that are pretty neat, especially the sound!

Phone call from Marcos! Very cool. Wish he was here, uh THERE!:D I'll never make the finish but Lowndes and Skaife could do it again! It's a good show!

Indy
10-08-11, 09:27 PM
This is so cool I can almost tolerate DW and Joy.

Trevor Longman
10-08-11, 09:57 PM
Mike Joy isn't nearly as bad as ol' DW, but at least they put him in his place on Friday. They strapped him in for a few hot laps of the mountain. He's obviously scared ****less the whole time! :rofl:

WNVA8nbXbug

Tifosi24
10-08-11, 10:57 PM
Mike Joy isn't nearly as bad as ol' DW, but at least they put him in his place on Friday. They strapped him in for a few hot laps of the mountain. He's obviously scared ****less the whole time! :rofl:

WNVA8nbXbug

The best quote from DW, "I'm about to lose my lunch, and I didn't even have one."

Trevor Longman
10-09-11, 02:10 AM
WOW what a finish!! I'm shaking so much its actually difficult to type this! :laugh: Man I thought Lowndes might have been able to get him. Watching the split times the whole last hour and watching him close from 7th place was amazing. TBH if I were Lowndes I would've dive-bombed him into the last corner but a fantastic race none the less. One of the best races I've ever seen from start to finish. :thumbup:

NismoZ
10-22-11, 08:31 PM
Bourdais hands Whincup the lead as they win Round 1 at Surfers. Round 2 tonight (here) Looking forward to it.

Trevor Longman
10-22-11, 08:39 PM
Can't wait. I have work at 8 AM but theres no way I'm not staying up for this. Just take a look at the finish from last year and tell me it isnt awesome.

rc6_-BKyaXg

patski
10-23-11, 10:46 AM
Needed Aussie commentary. DW is terrible! Joy, ok.

Hard Driver
10-23-11, 05:39 PM
The DW clip of him being taken on a lap of the place is hillarious!! :rofl:

NismoZ
10-23-11, 07:46 PM
Bourdais (best performing International driver) and Winterbottom, finally gets one this year. Good show. Was glad to see Richard Lyons do so well. He has tried so hard for so long to get to a viable series. Sounds like he'd really like to be a full-timer in the V-8 series. I recall when he tested for ChampCar. Did qiute well as I recall but there was no room at the inn. Or should I say others brought more cash? First noticed him in the JGTC series, '04 (now Super GT)...when I became a big "NismoZ" fan.:D