PDA

View Full Version : CART Test @ RA 6/26 Open to Season Ticket Holders

chop456
06-18-03, 12:16 PM
I was unable to get any info as to what teams would be there, but they did confirm that it's open to season ticket holders only. Wouldn't want to make any more fans, now would we?

Eagle104
06-18-03, 12:21 PM
No kidding.........

Gurneyflap
06-18-03, 12:52 PM
What!? What about people who've been going there for 41 years!? We don't need no steenking teekits! (I think I'm beginning to understand why CART got mad at those guys.) Open the damn gate and pits like Chicago did and you'll make friends (and money) for life! Believe me, you won't have to worry about an unmanageable crowd. (it's more than 40 miles from a major market and has pic-nic tables and porta-potties)

sundaydriver
06-18-03, 02:18 PM
The open practice at CMS was the best Champ Car experience I've ever had. It was awesome! :D

RA would be a great place to have an open practice. In Chicago, all you had to be was a member in the Winners Circle Fan Club and they sold the memberships right there at the gate.

chop456
06-18-03, 02:45 PM
The reason for anyone being able to get into the test is because of another RA schedule change.

The Suzuki Super Cycle weekend has been "postponed" for 2003. As a show of good faith, season ticket holders will be allowed into the test on the 26th. Also, they will be able to attend the Porsche weekend over Labor Day.

So it's an RA deal, not a CART deal. That being said, they should still open the test and charge admission. How many people would possibly show up on a Thursday, 100? 200? I believe there was an open test up there last year on a Tuesday.

Open it.

TRDfan
06-18-03, 03:08 PM
marylou@roadamerica.com

Worth a shot.

ncmlj
06-19-03, 08:10 PM
How many people would possibly show up on a Thursday,

Well I know I would be there! Wait make that I will be there!!! I am not a season ticket holder but I am calling them to let them know my thoughts on it. :flame: And if this holds true that its only for season ticket holders I will get in the way I did when I was a kid, Thru the woods.

chop456
06-19-03, 08:27 PM
I'll be there, too. If you (or anyone else), are planning on going, let me know.

Gurneyflap
06-20-03, 04:54 PM
open it, open it, open it, open, it! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! OPEN IT, OPEN IT, OPEN, IT, OPEN IT!