PDA

View Full Version : Farewell pchall

Pages : 1 [2]

BarillaGirl
10-09-11, 01:53 PM
Just a short note. Peter's online guest book was archived, so I ponied up to sponsor it and keep it online forever in case anyone wants to add a thought or a memory.

It's been a terrible grief week for me and Peter's birthday is this coming Friday. Your support is greatly appreciated. I did find a counselor to help myself and James find our way through this. :(

pfc_m_drake
10-12-11, 09:48 PM
Very late condolences - I just stopped by and saw this thread.
Peter and I used to have good exchanges back in the day at 7thGear. On occasion we didn't see eye-to-eye, but you knew he was one of the 'good guys' out there. Definitely will be missed :(

RichK
10-13-11, 11:15 PM
Just stopped in to look around and saw this terrible news. I also corresponded with Pete over the years. My daughter just asked why I said "****" when I read this thread, and I explained that although I didn't know pchall in person, had we lived close to one another, we would've hopefully gone to races together.

I've always admired his wit, even during such frustrating times for an open wheel race fan.

BarillaGirl - I'll be thinking of you and your son.

Rich

Napoleon
10-14-11, 06:25 AM
And he would have been 55 today.

BarillaGirl
10-14-11, 06:54 AM
And he would have been 55 today.

Sneaky of him to slip away while he was only ten years older than me and not eleven. Died even younger than we thought. :\

Happy birthday, Peter. I miss you so much.

SteveH
10-14-11, 09:33 AM
I'll raise one to his memory tonight.

Anteater
10-14-11, 12:03 PM
I'll do the same. Keeping you and James in my thoughts and prayers, BarillaGirl.

datachicane
10-14-11, 02:19 PM
I'll raise one to his memory tonight.

:thumbup:

TravelGal
10-14-11, 04:46 PM
Thinking of you, especially today. Pete was one of the more approachable and kind individuals I've encountered "on the net." Not to mention how much his knowledge and fun loving spirit enriched our lives. He is surely missed.

Mary
10-16-11, 01:14 PM
I haven't been here much the last few months; I just saw another thread on pchall's death. This is so sad; my condolences to BarillaGirl, James, and the rest of his friends and family.

I don't remember how or why or when the subject came up, but Peter sent me a recipe for a dip that I used to make (and unfortunately, eat) until it came out of my ears. Too bad that didn't happen before it added too many pounds!

RIP, pchall.

Mary

BarillaGirl
10-16-11, 05:59 PM
Mary, my email address is at the top of this thread. I'm going to be assembling Peter's recipes at some point and I'd appreciate it if you'd send me the one for that dip.

Thanks for your kind words. I have to look at and use his death certificate for the first time tomorrow and I'm afraid it's just going to break me.

FCYTravis
10-16-11, 08:21 PM
Oh my... like Mary, I hadn't been around much lately, and this is a real shock :(

My belated condolences to you and your family, BarillaGirl. He'll be truly missed. :\

mclark2112
10-17-11, 02:12 PM
I can't believe I only just noticed this, I feel really bad. Peter was a great fan, and I am so glad to have met him in M-O on several occasions. pchall you will be missed...

Sean O'Gorman
10-17-11, 03:09 PM
I just learned this as well. While we never got along online, it was great going back and forth with him the few times we met in person.

RIP

dando
12-21-12, 01:57 PM
Remembering those that passed too soon... :(

dando
12-21-12, 02:01 PM