PDA

View Full Version : Senna and his money replaces Hiedfeld

racer2c
08-22-11, 08:09 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/14624084.stm

cameraman
08-22-11, 11:13 PM
It isn't like Heidfeld was doing anything of value at Renault.

Rogue Leader
08-22-11, 11:52 PM
It isn't like Heidfeld was doing anything of value at Renault.

I agree, Heidfeld sucks always has. I think Senna may have some actual talent. Hes definitely not his uncle from what hes shown so far, but he has potential. Glad to see this.

opinionated ow
08-22-11, 11:57 PM
I agree, Heidfeld sucks always has. I think Senna may have some actual talent. Hes definitely not his uncle from what hes shown so far, but he has potential. Glad to see this.

the folks i know who worked with him when he raced in Australian F3 rate him very highly.

Rogue Leader
08-23-11, 12:00 AM
the folks i know who worked with him when he raced in Australian F3 rate him very highly.

He did put up some very good results and great drives in the lower formulas. Really can't judge a guys talent when his F1 results so far are driving a complete piece of ****.

Michaelhatesfans
08-25-11, 12:06 AM
"Senna and his money replaces Hiedfeld"

Yeah, but how many years did Nick stay in F1 just because of his passport?

chop456
08-25-11, 01:24 AM
And he was paid all those years. You guys should be team owners. :D

Rogue Leader
08-26-11, 01:13 PM
Apparently Not-quick-enough-Nick is unhappy about all this:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110825/F1/110829906?utm_source=DailyDrive20110826&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=missedarticle2&utm_content=20110825-Formula_One__Heidfeld_and_Lotus_Renault_set_for_co urt_battle&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

Fio1
08-26-11, 04:51 PM
I think they give Grosjean a chance as well. If by Monza Senna is still not able to match Petrov's pace, they should put Grosjean in the car.

Rogue Leader
08-27-11, 10:35 AM
I think they give Grosjean a chance as well. If by Monza Senna is still not able to match Petrov's pace, they should put Grosjean in the car.

I think that one is solved, Qualified 7th today ahead of Petrov in 10th.

nissan gtp
08-27-11, 12:29 PM
I think that one is solved, Qualified 7th today ahead of Petrov in 10th.

yeah that was really well done.

from the in-car, he was on it 110% -- just because his entire racing future depends on it

Insomniac
08-28-11, 12:25 PM
I suppose this is the Spa thread. If not, spoilers below!

Red Bull had the perfect setup. The could close in on their rivals through the turns by huge chunks and then DRS+KERS are designed to help with the straights. Not sure what Ferrari's plan was. Did they think Red Bull was going to burn through all the yellows in half the race? Instead they ran 3 sets to destruction while Ferrari conserved. They have Massa somehow come out like 15 seconds behind Alonso when he was within a couple seconds a couple laps before. Then pitting at the end, whites to whites? Did they hire an NFL head coach to handle race day strategy?

Nasty crash for Hamilton. Really odd how it seemed like he was unconscious, but then no one was really paying any medical attention to him. I think he really didn't know who hit him.

Button comes to life there at the end picking people off. Good push for the podium.

emjaya
08-28-11, 06:14 PM

Red Bull had the perfect setup. The could close in on their rivals through the turns by huge chunks and then DRS+KERS are designed to help with the straights. Not sure what Ferrari's plan was. Did they think Red Bull was going to burn through all the yellows in half the race? Instead they ran 3 sets to destruction while Ferrari conserved. They have Massa somehow come out like 15 seconds behind Alonso when he was within a couple seconds a couple laps before. Then pitting at the end, whites to whites? Did they hire an NFL head coach to handle race day strategy?

Nasty crash for Hamilton. Really odd how it seemed like he was unconscious, but then no one was really paying any medical attention to him. I think he really didn't know who hit him.

Button comes to life there at the end picking people off. Good push for the podium.

The first marshal there signaled for medical help straight away, but by the time any medical help arrived Hamilton was out of the car.

The marshals are not supposed to do anything until the doctor arrives in the car, which would be a while with the length of Spa.

The way the car rolled along without braking and the lack of movement from Hamilton had me worried.

opinionated ow
08-28-11, 06:23 PM

Massa had a flat hence the extra pit stop

Pilgrims Drop
08-28-11, 07:34 PM
The way the car rolled along without braking and the lack of movement from Hamilton had me worried.
yeah I sat telling the TV "He aint moving, He aint moving" but then he finally moved his hands a bit...

He is fast but he needs to learn how to pay more attention to his surroundings and respect some of the other drivers a bit more... like Vettel seems to have done since last year

Excellent race and in the dry as well... what was that 8 lead changes in the first 20 laps or so

chop456
11-14-11, 06:10 AM
I'd like to point out to the haters that Heidfeld's been gone for 7 races now and trails Petrov by 2 points. Senna has scored 2 points in those 7 races while Heidfeld scored 34 in the first 11.

Hope Senna's check was enough to pay out Nick's contract and account for the (likely) drop in prize money.