PDA

View Full Version : RA Camping?

Turn7
06-18-03, 10:43 AM
Who is camping at the track and who is camping across the street?

If your at the track, will you be in the carousel or Turn 3/4?

Warlock!
06-18-03, 10:58 AM
At the Rock.

Warlock!

chop456
06-18-03, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
At the Rock.

Warlock!

Ditto.

Napoleon
06-18-03, 11:16 AM
T7, going with kids or wife? That may make a difference on what you choose.

RaceChic
06-18-03, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
At the Rock.

Warlock!

Same here. :D

Turn7
06-18-03, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
T7, going with kids or wife? That may make a difference on what you choose.

If I make it, more than likely I will be solo.

RaceChic
06-20-03, 02:45 PM
Anyone interested in sharing a golf cart with Lizzerd and I at RA? :)
$300.00 for the whole weekend and it was definately the way to go last year. We were able to get to so many places that our tired feet would have never gotten us to at a 4 mile road course. We even would hear an incident on the scanners and if it was close enough, we'd hustle over to the turn that it was at. :D

chop456
06-22-03, 11:47 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to get my scooter up there. It won't fit into either one of our cars. Maybe rocket could haul it up there in his pickemup truck.. Ahem...Maybe ROCKET could haul it up there in his truck. Rocket, good buddy, you listening? :D

For what it's worth, all the RA weekend schedules say that the shuttles are free this year with any ticket. I've been there twice this year and haven't seen a shuttle yet. Then again, it was on a Friday both times. Maybe they run them on Saturday and Sunday only.

Dirty Sanchez
07-07-03, 02:05 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to pay you guys a visit at the Rock. We're staying inside the track. Feel free to stop by Camp Crapus (inside the track between Turns 1 & 3. I fly this flag and I have beer.

http://www.chicagohotelsmotels.us/_borders/chicago%20flag%202%20sec.jpg

rocket
07-07-03, 03:29 PM
Sorry chop...I'm not driving up there, we are taking Jim's new Suburban. Have the wife drive the scooter and you can follow her in the car:D .

Crapus if you want to get into the Rock, we'll have to figure something out. They have the campers on race weekends wear these Fu**ing stupid wristbands and no one gets in without one. The sad part is the place doesn't even sell out anymore like it did before.

Maybe you can be trunk boy.:D

Warlock!
07-07-03, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Crapus
Feel free to stop by Camp Crapus

I think that's a given... I'll bring the Bounce. :D

Warlock!

chop456
07-07-03, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Crapus
Looks like I'm going to have to pay you guys a visit at the Rock. We're staying inside the track. Feel free to stop by Camp Crapus (inside the track between Turns 1 & 3. I fly this flag and I have beer.

http://www.chicagohotelsmotels.us/_borders/chicago%20flag%202%20sec.jpg

Cool. I'm trying to negotiate a "kid and wife-free" day on Saturday, much like our friend Warlock! was able to swing last year. I'll definitely stop by.

And for those who may be wondering about the flag: http://gwav.tripod.com/issue_10.htm

Dirty Sanchez
07-07-03, 10:37 PM
Excellent to read this... although I should point out that our camp is both kid and wife friendly too. My wife will be there and I'm just about the biggest kid ever :D

Not at all pleased about being trunk-boy. But I'll do it if the folks at the Rock can't be reasoned with.

FCYTravis
07-17-03, 07:09 PM
I'll be camping wherever the worker camping is.

Can't beat free admission and free camping :D :D :D

CART 500
07-29-03, 12:09 PM
Crapus
Is this a new camping area at the track?This former 7th gearer will have to stop my and say hello.

Dirty Sanchez
07-29-03, 12:29 PM
Yes, new as of last year. 18+ tent camping only... no kiddies, no generators. Its in an awesome part of the track, imo. Very close to the inside of 1 and 3... close the the competition paddock and the hospitality area, most importantly its close to 5.

Late night runs on the track are a possibility (or so I've been told) ;)

This will be my 3rd time there. Its great.