PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Kicks Azzz...

NismoZ
08-14-11, 12:44 PM
At least in qualifying. Busch, Almendinger, Ambrose, Johnson and Montoya up front. How's THAT for a road course fun-fest? All breaking Jeff Gordon's record set in '03. Busch @ 126.4mph and Ricky Taylor @ 133.7 in the DPs. Just put the 850 hp 'cab motors in the DPs and be done with it!:thumbup::gomer:

stroker
08-14-11, 01:26 PM
At least in qualifying. Busch, Almendinger, Ambrose, Johnson and Montoya up front. How's THAT for a road course fun-fest? All breaking Jeff Gordon's record set in '03. Busch @ 126.4mph and Ricky Taylor @ 133.7 in the DPs. Just put the 850 hp 'cab motors in the DPs and be done with it!:thumbup::gomer:

Do that plus cut off the stupid Scrubbing Bubble greenhouses and you've got the new Can-Am!

trish
08-14-11, 03:12 PM
Too bad it's raining.

NismoZ
08-15-11, 01:30 PM
Not raining Monday...much. Kid Kyle choked (he didn't use that word, but he admitted it) in T-1 of the obligatory GWC, went wide, then Keselowski went INside, Ambrose shouldered his way into the middle (and I MEAN shouldered:eek:) then outbraved the OTHER kid into the Inner Loop as ALL HELL was breaking loose behind them between 1 & 2. MAJOR mayhem and so lucky someone was not seriously hurt! So...Marcos gets his first top NASCAB win and MAN did he deserve it! I never heard so many fellow drivers call a guy "the best one out there" like they did Marcos. ( 2nd, 3rd, 2nd & 1st in races at The Glen!!) And what a drive by Keselowski. (Penske still knows how to pick 'em!:)) WAY TO GO MARCOS! Best NASCAR race I ever saw, VERY entertaining.:thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
08-15-11, 03:44 PM
Boris kick *** too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Boris-Said-calls-out-Greg-Biffle-after-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-scuffle-at-Watkins-Glen-081511

TKGAngel
08-15-11, 07:31 PM
And Biffle responds on Twitter by calling Said classless for wanting to fight him after the race rather than showing concern for the drivers in the wreck.

Trevor Longman
08-15-11, 07:37 PM
Man that was a great race. I've been going to the glen for this race for 13 years now and it never disappoints. Well done to ambrose he deserved that win. He is by far the smoothest and most consistent driver in the field and after two 3rds and a 2nd at the gpen it was about time he got that win. It's weird, every time he went by the whole crowd, myself included, was cheering him on. Sure some of that was because Kyle Busch was leading and he was 2nd, but I saw a ton of Ambrose shirts and hats in the stands so he certainly has a good following. I saw Hamlin's turn 1 brake failure from afar, but the final lap crash was right in front of us. Absolutely massive hit to both of them. I've never seen such a big impact in person. Really relieved to see them both ok, you just don't get the same sense of impact and violence on TV. Anyway though, this race is just more proof that NASCAR needs more road courses. Sure they aren't the fastest cars on a road course but they sure do put on a great show! :thumbup: to Ambrose, :thumbup: to a great race, and :thumdown: to Kurt Busch for punting Dinger.

Indy
08-16-11, 07:35 AM
If I were NASCAR, I would restrict cup to ovals and run an all-road course series with actual cars. Sort of like Grand Am, except single driver sprint races, and like I said, actual cars.

I think that actual car thingy is sort of the hangup for them. :laugh:

NismoZ
08-16-11, 12:34 PM
Geez, then Kyle would have to go for a "Grand Slam" weekend!:D

High Sided
08-16-11, 02:19 PM
kudos to "kangaroo meat":thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
08-16-11, 04:35 PM
And Biffle responds on Twitter by calling Said classless for wanting to fight him after the race rather than showing concern for the drivers in the wreck.

Boris promised to fight Biffle away from the track. Boris has obviously not read the NASCAR promotions manual. That sort of behavior is useless without a film crew.

TKGAngel
08-17-11, 08:47 AM
Boris promised to fight Biffle away from the track. Boris has obviously not read the NASCAR promotions manual. That sort of behavior is useless without a film crew.

Who needs a film crew when you can just call over Jimmie Johnson and his smartphone to photograph & recap the incident for the Twitters? He's already got "reporting" experience based on his breaking of the BK crash at Road Atlanta a couple weeks ago.

NismoZ
08-22-11, 11:26 AM
REPLAY...Kyle really DOES kick azzz, THIS time. Michigan. Even Marcos gets a non "ringer" win in NW. Good for both of them. Sure a lot easier to be a fan of Marcos than Kyle, though.