PDA

View Full Version : prayers for those hoosiers

High Sided
08-14-11, 11:50 AM
terrible accident at the state fairgrounds left 5 dead and 40 injured when a temporary stage structure collapsed into the crowd waiting for sugarland last night.

video from this mornings news conference...

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28861351/index.html

nrc
08-14-11, 04:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

This is at least the second major temporary stage collapse this summer. My advice is to get away if there's more than a stiff breeze.

dando
08-15-11, 11:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

This is at least the second major temporary stage collapse this summer. My advice is to get away if there's more than a stiff breeze.

We only got the gust front and it managed to blow a blimp off its moorings and took it a few miles away from OSU airport to Linworth. :eek: I took the dogs out just before the thorms hit, the gusts were just starting and about about blew me off my moorings, and that was just a taste of what hit Indy. :eek: :eek:

Thoughts & prayers, Indy folk. :(

-Kevin

racer2c
08-15-11, 12:01 PM
I really feel bad for the family and friends of the victims and wish a speedy recovery to the injured. I would have expected more fatalities just based on video.

Tragic accidents like this remind me of my semi-survivalist brother in law and his laminated contingency plans he keeps in his trunk with his "I'll live for a month longer than you" kits. He scans for exits and potential catostrophic possibilities everywhere. Temp stages just made my list.

Indy
08-16-11, 07:23 AM
A few miles away and all we got was the standard thunderstorm. A friend of a friend of a friend is lying in the hospital in critical condition with a severe head injury. Young mother. :(

WickerBill
08-16-11, 07:26 AM
A few miles away and all we got was the standard thunderstorm. A friend of a friend of a friend is lying in the hospital in critical condition with a severe head injury. Young mother. :(

That same person is also a friend of a friend for me. Small, sad world.