PDA

View Full Version : Aero kits delayed

G.
08-13-11, 10:23 PM
No surprise, but the aero strap-on kits won't be there next year.

The 2012 IZOD INDYCAR season will feature new, turbocharged engines but every team will be in the same new Dallara because the optional aero kit packaged has been put on hold for a year.

Originally, the ICONIC committee had ruled that any chassis or engine manufacturer could built its own bodywork kit to accompany the Dallara safety cell.

But, faced with purchasing all new equipment for 2012, the car owners voted unanimously to have just one set of bodywork for the new Dallara IR12 chassis--the one that comes with the car.

And INDYCAR CEO Randy Bernard listened to his paddock.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-aero-kits-officially-on-hold-until-2013

Ed_Severson
08-13-11, 10:57 PM
This is about 17 different kinds of stupid.

cameraman
08-13-11, 11:27 PM

That would be standard operating procedure for these idiots.

Gnam
08-14-11, 12:43 AM
This just in...The breakout year is still TBA.

NismoZ
08-14-11, 11:37 AM
Should have consulted us. We knew this would happen... waaaaay back.

trish
08-14-11, 12:22 PM
I'm beginning to think that what they meant by breakout was hives and pustules. If so, they've far exceeded expectations. :)

racer2c
08-14-11, 12:29 PM
On one hand I'm never surprised by the stpidity of Indy Car. On the other hand I'm always surprised of the stupidity of Indy Car. :)

Racing Truth
08-14-11, 01:30 PM
That would be standard operating procedure for these idiots.

But who are the "idiots" here? Yes, RB wussed out, but the owners, except Floyd apparently, ALL said no to this, so I'll put 70+% of the blame on these tools.

Indy
08-14-11, 08:18 PM

That car is a hideous joke, and now it will be a hideous joke spec car. Bwahahahahaha!