PDA

View Full Version : Katherine

SteveH
08-08-11, 09:39 PM
xeXqag4csXY

This will never work. She should be bent over the trunk of a 57 Chevy with her ass hanging out. :gomer:

Elmo T
08-09-11, 09:44 AM
I saw that yesterday. Well done by sports marketing firm - just sad that this is what sells. Though I'd take this over the crash-fest highlight reels used to promo Indycar lately. :yuck:

Andrew Longman
08-09-11, 10:46 AM
Dale Jr. just has to be seen hanging out in Wranglers with is buds, drinking a Bud, to advance his image/brand.

Sad.

Nicely done I suppose, but I gained respect for her talking to her in Cleveland when she was in Atlantics years back, while we were both waiting in line for something, and when she emerged from the track hospital at RA after her wreck and all she wanted was a cup of tea (or was it a gin and tonic?) and wishing her knees weren't bruised for the dress she would wear at the banquet that night.

opinionated ow
08-09-11, 11:16 AM
I saw that yesterday. Well done by sports marketing firm - just sad that this is what sells. Though I'd take this over the crash-fest highlight reels used to promo Indycar lately. :yuck:

Not so sure about that. She's been looking all year and achieved nothing. I'd suggest her sports marketing firm are actually pretty crap!

Elmo T
08-09-11, 11:28 AM
Not so sure about that. She's been looking all year and achieved nothing. I'd suggest her sports marketing firm are actually pretty crap!

I think it was well produced, etc and this is new I assume. Not sure what they were doing previously that wasn't working. My point was more that this, unfortunately, might be the kind of thing that works nowadays.

devilmaster
08-09-11, 10:01 PM
I think it was well produced, etc and this is new I assume. Not sure what they were doing previously that wasn't working. My point was more that this, unfortunately, might be the kind of thing that works nowadays.

with the announcement that danica was moving on, I suspect her handlers thought 'well, this -couldn't- hurt....

Ed_Severson
08-09-11, 10:17 PM
Nothing about that would make me want to hire her.

stroker
08-09-11, 10:37 PM

Or her hair stylist. Or wardrobe designer.

Anteater
08-09-11, 10:53 PM
She looks very pretty, but I fail to see the point of it.

cameraman
08-09-11, 11:21 PM
I'm a bit confused as to the point of it all. Those red shoes probably had the opposite effect that they were looking for...

dando
08-10-11, 10:52 AM
Just plain sad. Completely opposite of how I felt when she appeared from the med trailer @ RA after her shunt. :saywhat:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
08-10-11, 11:17 AM

A pretty girl walks into my office to sell herself to me as an employee and shows me that video as evidence of her capabilities, I'd employ her as a grid girl not a driver. :shakehead

Ed_Severson
08-10-11, 12:55 PM
A pretty girl walks into my office to sell herself to me as an employee and shows me that video as evidence of her capabilities, I'd employ her as a grid girl not a driver. :shakehead

To be fair, the purpose of this isn't to sell Katherine to team owners; it's to sell Katherine to sponsors. Still, if I'm shelling out bucks to put her in a car, I want to know that she'll win races to get my company exposure, not sell a bunch of magazines.

Gnam
08-10-11, 01:23 PM
Right, because these grid girls are all winners and real drivers never dress up.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2435/thef1boys.jpg

http://richardsf1.com/2010/05/15/drivers-strike-a-pose-at-the-amber-lounge-fashion-show/

Rus'L
08-17-11, 11:31 AM
Just plain sad. Completely opposite of how I felt when she appeared from the med trailer @ RA after her shunt. :saywhat:

-Kevin

My take, also -- she sold out just like Danica many years ago.

TravelGal
08-19-11, 01:22 PM
I had managed to avoid watching this until yesterday. Disgusting is the only word I can think of. She looks alternately incredibly uncomfortable and like she should be walking the streets of San Francisco. I don't see how anyone connected with her could allow that video to seen. Color me appalled.

stroker
08-19-11, 01:58 PM
Why am I remembering the infamous Fashion Show featuring the Charlestown Chiefs in the movie "Slapshot"?

RTKar
08-19-11, 06:24 PM
Not as tacky as japanica's photo shoots.

cameraman
08-20-11, 02:45 AM
True.