PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP 2 for Xbox

racer2c
06-18-03, 10:42 AM
As a huge fan of MotoGP for Xbox I couldn't wait to get my hands on 2. It came out two weeks ago and doesn't disappoint at all. The graphics are jaw dropping, and the racing is slightly more realistic than it's predecessor. Best console race game IMO. Try it, you'll love it!

http://www.xbox.com/media/games/motogp2/sim-motogp2-0003.jpg

racer2c
06-18-03, 10:44 AM
Five race geek bonus points for whoever can name the track from the above shot. Too easy. :)

Warlock!
06-18-03, 10:59 AM
Suzi ;)

Warlock!

RaceChic
06-18-03, 02:33 PM
Okay. Gonna get it. Thanks! :D

WickerBill
06-18-03, 02:34 PM
Sold!

Hink
06-18-03, 03:12 PM
The ferris wheel is the giveaway for Suzuka.

RaceChic
06-18-03, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
Five race geek bonus points for whoever can name the track from the above shot. Too easy. :)

Hey Warlock........You gonna take being called a geek from this guy????!!!!??? :eek: ;)

RaceChic
06-18-03, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
Sold!

There ya go, boss. First game for your new XBOX? May I suggest Project Gotham Racing, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, as well as Colin McRae Rally 3 Racing? :D

bullet
06-18-03, 07:41 PM
Here's a couple "must visit" sites for fans of MotoGP.

www.planetmgp.com

www.motogpdesigns.com/

RaceChic
06-18-03, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by bullet
Here's a couple "must visit" sites for fans of MotoGP.

www.planetmgp.com

www.motogpdesigns.com/

Thank You. I am picking up MotoGP3 and MidtownMadness3 along with a live online gaming interface on the 19th. Never done the live gaming thing before with the XBOX or anywhere for that matter. Any suggestions or where do I begin? :)

racer2c
06-18-03, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Thank You. I am picking up MotoGP3 and MidtownMadness3 along with a live online gaming interface on the 19th. Never done the live gaming thing before with the XBOX or anywhere for that matter. Any suggestions or where do I begin? :)

Do you have an Xbox or a PS2? MotoGP 3 is a PS2 title and made by a different developer than MotoGP 2 for Xbox. Midtown Madness 3 is Xbox only. I don't have Xbox live either, but I hear it rocks. Especially if you don't do PC online gaming.

Xbox Live requires high speed bandwidth only. MOTOGP2, HALO and MechAssult are A list Live games. Oh and Midtown Madness 3, which I can't wait to play. I loved 2 on the PC.

RaceChic
06-18-03, 10:53 PM
I have an XBOX. I made a mistake. I meant MotoGP2. I am getting the kit to play live online. The guy at the store told me that the kit comes with the ethernet interface as well as a free one year of online gaming access and I think something else, and that the kits will not be supplied as a whole anymore but sold in two pieces or something. That's how the company will supply them in the future so if you can get ahold of a "total" kit then GRAB it! I was told with the newer kit the free one year access id not part of it and the two hardware pieces that currently come with it are sold separate. Or something like that anyway. I may not be explaining it properly, but I hope all of you get the idea. :D

Ankf00
06-19-03, 01:06 PM
wow, I passed on it last year cuz I read some crappy reviews on it, then again those reviews said rallisport challenge was a 9.5 :flame: ......

Bike On!

RaceChic
06-21-03, 11:55 AM
Update on XBOX Live Gaming!
Well worth it!
I bought Midtown Madness3 with live XBOX on line. It was cool. I ended up in a room gaming with a bunch of other gamers that were also new to the game. You drive randomly through the city streets. There are short cuts and you are constantly finding places that you never thought were there. You are driving through the city trying to find the people you are playing with while you talk to them live via a headset. You can be a garbage truch, ambulance, cop or a variety of cars including race cars. It is a blast.

One game the objective is to get the rabbit. Everybody wants it. Person who has it longer wins. Problem is once you have it your car gets slower than everyone elses so you have to keep it by finding detours and short cuts to get away and stay away.

Another game is called Tag. Once someone tags you, you are it. You get faster than the others but you have 20 seconds to tag someone else or you are out of the game. Tons of pedestrians and stuff to get in your way. Try it.

Get the kit that gives you a year of online connection for free. They have to be registered by June 30th, 2003. They are phasing those out. That's what I was trying to explain above.

For those of you that already have an XBOX and loved Project Gotham Racing, there is a second version in the making that will be live also.

Cheers,
Terri :D