PDA

View Full Version : Grosser Preis Santander Von Deutschland

Gnam
07-22-11, 02:01 PM
I know, but that's what it says on my DVR. :p

Hopefully the FIA will stay out of the way this week. Ferrari doesn't need another win until Monza.

cameraman
07-22-11, 05:45 PM
You didn't hear? All the teams except Lotus and HRT failed FIA tech inspection. Unless changes are made none of the other teams will be allowed to race.

indyfan31
07-22-11, 05:56 PM
I know, but that's what it says on my DVR. :p

Hopefully the FIA will stay out of the way this week. Ferrari doesn't need another win until Monza.

Oooh! That'd be cool. I'll get a picture of it. :)

stroker
07-22-11, 07:19 PM
You didn't hear? All the teams except Lotus and HRT failed FIA tech inspection. Unless changes are made none of the other teams will be allowed to race.

WTF?

Insomniac
07-23-11, 05:56 PM
Interesting qualification. Webber consistently quicker than Vettel. Hamilton has real good pace. Vettel and Alonso in 3/4. With the way Webber starts, anyone could lead after lap 1.

pchall
07-24-11, 02:09 PM
Nice race. Now, shut up before I get flamed for spoilers. ;)

Insomniac
07-24-11, 02:46 PM
I was crazy to think there would be a multiplying effect to getting more out of the soft tires. I thought McLaren/Ferrari were going to pick up 3 more laps of running on soft vs. Red Bull on medium and get back 4-5s. Turns out, it didn't matter that much.

:thumbup: to Hamilton.

They mentioned Alonso stopped on track, but I'm not seeing any news of a penalty yet.

Cam
07-24-11, 06:19 PM
I was crazy to think there would be a multiplying effect to getting more out of the soft tires. I thought McLaren/Ferrari were going to pick up 3 more laps of running on soft vs. Red Bull on medium and get back 4-5s. Turns out, it didn't matter that much.

:thumbup: to Hamilton.

They mentioned Alonso stopped on track, but I'm not seeing any news of a penalty yet.

There may not be enough fuel in the tank for the 1L post race sample.

Insomniac
07-24-11, 06:40 PM
There may not be enough fuel in the tank for the 1L post race sample.

I recall Hamilton doing something similar last year and then them making a rule change that required they return to the inspection area. How long does it take to assess a penalty as simple as this would be?

Edit:

Fernando Alonso was given the all-clear following today's German GP, following fears that his car may not have had the mandatory one litre of fuel on board.
http://www.pitpass.com/44307-Alonso-given-fuel-all-clear

stroker
07-24-11, 06:49 PM
I recall Hamilton doing something similar last year and then them making a rule change that required they return to the inspection area. How long does it take to assess a penalty as simple as this would be?

Edit:

http://www.pitpass.com/44307-Alonso-given-fuel-all-clear

Like there was any question they'd rule that way?:saywhat:

Insomniac
07-24-11, 07:36 PM
Like there was any question they'd rule that way?:saywhat:

Did he get away with something?

SteveH
07-24-11, 08:30 PM
On the BBC broadcast they showed Hamilton jumping over the fences surrounding parc ferme and celebrating with his crew. Was either Coulthard or Jordan who said doing that was against the rules and wondered if he'd get a penalty or some sort. This was just after they wondered about Alonso stopping on the course and if he'd get penalized.

I guess no harm, no foul maybe? Very unF1-like, if so.