PDA

View Full Version : F1 stewards

ilferrari
07-10-11, 10:03 AM
Why do F1's stewards have to interfere so many times in every single race? I can't remember a single race this year where they didn't. I mean if a driver has gained an unfair advantage, fine, but they are penalizing everyone who makes a mistake trying to pass another car. Like today, Schumacher made a mistake and touched another car, lost his front wing, lost alot of time, and they gave him a stop and go penalty.

opinionated ow
07-10-11, 12:08 PM
Why do F1's stewards have to interfere so many times in every single race? I can't remember a single race this year where they didn't. I mean if a driver has gained an unfair advantage, fine, but they are penalizing everyone who makes a mistake trying to pass another car. Like today, Schumacher made a mistake and touched another car, lost his front wing, lost alot of time, and they gave him a stop and go penalty.

He copped the 10 second stop-go because taking the pit lane is actually 2 seconds faster than taking the circuit.

Insomniac
07-10-11, 03:46 PM
It's nothing new. They want to assign blame and a penalty to every incident. For some reason, they want a disincentive for passing. No such thing as a racing incident,

indyfan31
07-11-11, 10:10 AM
He copped the 10 second stop-go because taking the pit lane is actually 2 seconds faster than taking the circuit.

At "pit lane speed"? that can't be true. it's not THAT much shorter.

Insomniac
07-11-11, 11:35 AM

Yeah, there was no way cars were only losing a few seconds on a tire change. I think Massa had like 15s on Button and came out behind him.

opinionated ow
07-11-11, 06:19 PM

That's what Martin Brundle said

ilferrari
09-25-11, 12:22 PM
Hamilton is trying for a world record of steward penalties this year.