PDA

View Full Version : Scarred For Life!!

NismoZ
07-08-11, 10:22 AM
Geez, a guy reaches for a ball tossed into the stands @ a Rangers game...falls over a railing 20 ft to his death!...in front of his son!:eek::(:( Just what Josh Hamilton needs at this point. Last year, too. Two firemen same park almost exactly 1 yr. Apart?! (he lived) Don't think I want to see the replays on this one. New "rules" coming soon? Pretty low railing, I hear. Lawyers are lining up.

TKGAngel
07-08-11, 11:09 AM
The Today Show showed the footage of the guy plummeting. However, they gave no warning that they were going to show the video and it might be disturbing. WHICH IT WAS!!! :thumdown::shakehead

Just a horrible, horrible situation all the way around.

High Sided
07-08-11, 11:43 AM
replay just shows the fall not the landing, he fell in a 2-3' opening between the rail and the ground level scoreboard. a simple net draped over the opening should have been in place.

TravelGal
07-08-11, 01:06 PM
UGH! Glad I didn't watch it. Just the thought was horrible enough.

Elmo T
07-08-11, 04:48 PM
The Today Show showed the footage of the guy plummeting. However, they gave no warning that they were going to show the video and it might be disturbing. WHICH IT WAS!!! :thumdown::shakehead

Just a horrible, horrible situation all the way around.

And showed again and again and again it seemed. :shakehead

There are plenty of places on the net to see those types of things - didn't expect to see at on Today at 7AM.

Steve99
07-11-11, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=NismoZ;294907New "rules" coming soon? Pretty low railing, I hear. Lawyers are lining up.[/QUOTE]
Waist high railings in front of the seats. Any higher would block their view when seated I would think.