PDA

View Full Version : British GP

cameraman
07-08-11, 05:21 AM
Kobayashi just destroyed his car. His sideways travel across the grass was a little too Greg Moore-like than I'd ever like to see. The car tried to flip him head first into the wall but thankfully failed.

FIA officials not happy and looking at the part of the lawn than nearly flipped Kobayashi...
http://twitpic.com/5mwz7c

Pilgrims Drop
07-08-11, 06:38 PM
FIAsco... is all I have to say:flame:

Gnam
07-09-11, 12:57 AM
Rain, rain, go away. Come again on race day.

Why does Red Bull lock up their guests in a clear plexiglass box inside the garage?

cameraman
07-09-11, 04:55 AM
The rules reverted to Thursday's version.:saywhat: Renault only allowed to use 10% like Mercedes but Mercedes gets to keep the over-run.

Red Bull very unhappy.

opinionated ow
07-09-11, 07:48 AM
This whole thing makes ZERO sense!

dando
07-09-11, 07:56 AM
Keep in mind this one is tape delayed on Fox tomorrow @ noon ET for us US folks.

-Kevin

Pilgrims Drop
07-09-11, 09:25 AM
Well... it's clear now that Ferraris silence during the weekends ongoing spat ment... they got what they wanted and the FIA happily obliged them...

FIA still means Ferrari Intentional Aid

what's next... yellows for debris on the racetrack??? wheight penalties??? Award the grid by a lottery??

:yuck:

Insomniac
07-09-11, 04:16 PM
I think I had no idea what a blown diffuser was. I thought it was just the use of exhaust to add downforce?

cameraman
07-09-11, 05:50 PM
They are very close to an agreement to drop the entire issue starting with the next race and just declare the blown difusers to be fine and dandy for the rest of the season.

SteveH
07-09-11, 06:05 PM
No series does drama as well as F1.

Pilgrims Drop
07-09-11, 08:22 PM
They are very close to an agreement to drop the entire issue starting with the next race and just declare the blown difusers to be fine and dandy for the rest of the season.

Will only happen if ALL teams agree... and do you seriously think that Ferrari will give up their half a second a lap gift from Ferrari Intentional Aid???

cameraman
07-09-11, 09:13 PM
Will only happen if ALL teams agree... and do you seriously think that Ferrari will give up their half a second a lap gift from Ferrari Intentional Aid???

The only teams that are holding it up are Sauber and Williams. Sorry to burst your conspiracy theory bubble.

mapguy
07-10-11, 07:21 AM
The only teams that are holding it up are Sauber and Williams. Sorry to burst your conspiracy theory bubble.

According to autosport.com it is Ferrari and Sauber. Williams has agreed. Unburst that bubble....

Pilgrims Drop
07-10-11, 09:53 AM

Ferrari and the Ferrari-powered Sauber team refused to sign the deal to return to the Valencia specification. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92998)

You were saying??

TedN
07-10-11, 09:55 AM
That was an excellent race! Note to BBC or FIA, whomever conrtolled the video ..... split-screen would have been nice for those last 2 laps.

Ted

Pilgrims Drop
07-10-11, 12:17 PM
Ferrari and Sauber agreed to join other teams (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93016)
Apparantly the little big boss said sign or else...

TrueBrit
07-10-11, 12:50 PM
I still can't get over how badly they butchered that track, I mean Hockenheim was dreadful to begin with, at least Silverstone had some character, now it's all mickey mouse...:ugh:

Pilgrims Drop
07-10-11, 01:07 PM
I still can't get over how badly they butchered that track, I mean Hockenheim was dreadful to begin with, at least Silverstone had some character, now it's all mickey mouse...:ugh:

I miss Bridge... but thank god they havent changed Maggots-Becketts-Chapel

Insomniac
07-10-11, 03:49 PM
Ferrari and Sauber agreed to join other teams (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93016)
Apparantly the little big boss said sign or else...

So that means Renault owns Bernie/FIA now?

NismoZ
07-10-11, 07:20 PM
What is good for Ferrari is good for F-1.:D

Insomniac
07-10-11, 07:31 PM
Even though they told Webber to maintain the gap, from my perspective, he seemed to push Vettel while not passing him. If that's what he was doing, good for him. They didn't say to back off and if he could've forced a mistake, P1 is his. I wonder if Vettel was freaking out on the radio?

Cam
07-10-11, 09:09 PM
Even though they told Webber to maintain the gap, from my perspective, he seemed to push Vettel while not passing him. If that's what he was doing, good for him. They didn't say to back off and if he could've forced a mistake, P1 is his. I wonder if Vettel was freaking out on the radio?

Was probably yelling "Christian! You had better not have signed off on that contract yet!!!" :\

opinionated ow
07-11-11, 12:15 AM
I reckon Webber will not get that contract extension after all...

gjc2
07-11-11, 07:24 AM
I think I had no idea what a blown diffuser was. I thought it was just the use of exhaust to add downforce?

I'd like to see an explanation of how it works.

Insomniac
07-11-11, 11:43 AM
I'd like to see an explanation of how it works.

Found this: http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2011/6/12186.html

Edit: Another article: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/06/blown-diffusers-so-what-exactly-is-being-banned/

cameraman
07-11-11, 05:17 PM
If you have it on your DVR the GP2 race was very good. The drivers are finally beginning to get their **** together. This Silverstone GP2 race was one of the better races I have seen in years. There was some incredibly close racing with no contact and no stupidity. (Shocking, I know) It wasn't absolutely perfect, were one or two wanker moments but they were just moments well back in the pack that didn't jack the entire race. There was some incredible driving in the race for the lead.

An entire weekend with no stewards actions beyond one pit lane speeding call.

Insomniac
07-11-11, 08:05 PM
I've heard Steve Matchett say on countless times that the cars can't sit on the grid for that long, but has anyone ever seen an engine blow because it took too long for cars at the back to get in position for the start?

Between that and the idea that the Renault engines will blow up if the can't have the blown diffuser at least at 50% I really wonder if these engines are really on the edge as much as they claim.

Also, on the blown diffuser topic, I thought the engines were sealed and all development frozen unless approved by the FIA? How were any teams able to develop it outside of engine mapping? How were Renault and Mercedes able to replace valves with ones that require the air to not be destroyed?

cameraman
07-11-11, 08:26 PM
Nothing is simple in F1. No engine development is too general a statement. The development is limited in ways "too complex" for them to explain to us, the hopelessly stupid fans.