PDA

View Full Version : OSU

Methanolandbrats
06-26-11, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to check in and see how that squeaky clean Ohio State Athletic program is going? Football? Buckets with that lying ******* Sullinger? :rofl: Have a bake sale to pay the fines and build a new underground car rental and tatoo shop. **** all of you. That is all, carry on. :big finger:

dando
06-26-11, 11:05 PM
:shakehead

Lux Interior
06-26-11, 11:08 PM
Football generates 68 million a year for the school or something big like that. My understanding is that the football money covers all of the other sports that don't make money like swimming, field hockey, etc. So, there is a lot of pressure for the coach to perform in football. All that pressure probably clouded Tressel's judgement. Either that, or he was told to bury what he knew by one of the higher ups like the AD or Pres or something.

Ankf00
06-27-11, 12:54 AM
+reps to Meth&Brats :D

Football generates 68 million a year for the school or something big like that. My understanding is that the football money covers all of the other sports that don't make money like swimming, field hockey, etc.
that's the case at every school, football and men's basketball are the only two revenue positive sports in D1, and baseball is revenue positive for a handful of southern schools.

Michaelhatesfans
06-27-11, 01:54 AM
OSU = Beavers.

datachicane
06-27-11, 02:08 AM
OSU = Beavers.

:thumbup:

chop456
06-27-11, 04:10 AM
Looks like Spotted Cow was on sale this weekend. :laugh:

Ankf00
06-28-11, 12:16 AM
Looks like Spotted Cow was on sale this weekend. :laugh:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2gws3dd.jpg

Tifosi24
06-29-11, 09:07 PM
+reps to Meth&Brats :D

that's the case at every school, football and men's basketball are the only two revenue positive sports in D1, and baseball is revenue positive for a handful of southern schools.

Men's hockey makes some bread for a few schools up north also, but not many.

SurfaceUnits
07-09-11, 06:09 PM
Ohio State to vacate wins from 2010

cameraman
07-09-11, 06:16 PM
Does that actually matter to anyone?

Insomniac
07-09-11, 06:21 PM

I doubt it. If the other team was given a win, then Rich Rodriguez might care. :D

dando
07-09-11, 07:18 PM

Not really, but it's SOP to vacate and remove banners, etc....site The Fab 5, Reggie Bush, etc. The NC2A will come down harder than the self-imposed sanctions. Expect U$C schollies sanctions, a two-year bowl ban, and a show-cause placed on Tress. What I don't get is they paid The Vest $52K for June and rescinded the $250K fine (although he lost much, much more being forced to retire). :saywhat: Hopefully The Vest shows up in Wisky when they tire of coach B's crappy O. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-09-11, 07:37 PM
if they want to lessen the coming sanctions, i dont know why they changed his status to "retired."

dando
07-09-11, 08:16 PM
if they want to lessen the coming sanctions, i dont know why they changed his status to "retired."

I'm betting is was part of the exit settlement, especially after the legal fiasco tOSU went through after the Jim O'Brien firing. That POS shouldn't have seen a dime after what he did, but they canned him before the NC2A findings were finalized and he won his court case for ~$3m due to the language in his contract. :irked: The good news is that it took him 6+ years to find a job (in D-II, BTW) due to the show cause sanction on him. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
07-11-11, 12:19 PM
Vrabes joins as LB coach. :thumbup: :thumbup: This isn't just a h8r thread, is it? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-11-11, 12:27 PM
Vrabes joins as LB coach. :thumbup: :thumbup: This isn't just a h8r thread, is it? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

He is a 3 Time Super Bowl Champion with the New England Patriots. Now the hate can continue. :D

dando
07-11-11, 12:36 PM
He is a 3 Time Super Bowl Champion with the New England Patriots. Now the hate can continue. :D

High praise from coach hoodie today saying Vrabes was the best player he ever coached suited for coaching. I just wonder what happens if Fickell doesn't hang onto the head coach gig. :\ Vrabes is one of my all-time fave Buckeyes...despite playing for the Stealers and Pats. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-11-11, 12:53 PM
High praise from coach hoodie today saying Vrabes was the best player he ever coached suited for coaching.

When Belichick says that, he does mean it. But, he rarely ever says the best. Usually it's something like "among the best", "as good as anyone" or "i'd put hoim right up there at the top of the list" kind of stuff.

During his Patriots career, there was no player more respected for his football intellect and revered for his leadership by his teammates than Mike,” Belichick said. “He was elected a team captain by his peers and is a player who I think everyone knew was destined to become a coach after his NFL playing career was over.

Mike Vrabel is as well-suited for coaching as any player I have ever coached. He has a tremendous feel for people, players, coaches and what his team needs regardless of the situation. He is outstanding in his knowledge of the game, which contributed to his excellence as a player. I have no doubt Mike will develop tough, intelligent, fundamentally sound winners.

I think he'd say something similar about Pepper Johnson.

dando
07-11-11, 03:55 PM
When Belichick says that, he does mean it. But, he rarely ever says the best. Usually it's something like "among the best", "as good as anyone" or "i'd put hoim right up there at the top of the list" kind of stuff.

I think he'd say something similar about Pepper Johnson.

I was just going off what The Turd said earlier today. He also said Vrabes was almost enough to make you like OSU. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-11-11, 07:31 PM
I was just going off what The Turd said earlier today. He also said Vrabes was almost enough to make you like OSU. :gomer:

-Kevin

I don't know anything about his coaching ability, but if how he played on the field helps, he was plenty smart enough to play both OLB and ILB in Belichick's system. I can't think of any other LB that did that (and certainly not successfully). I was mad when they traded him to KC. Sure, he lost a step, but I think he would've still been the best OLB they had on team in 2009 and 2010.

dando
07-11-11, 08:32 PM
I don't know anything about his coaching ability, but if how he played on the field helps, he was plenty smart enough to play both OLB and ILB in Belichick's system. I can't think of any other LB that did that (and certainly not successfully). I was mad when they traded him to KC. Sure, he lost a step, but I think he would've still been the best OLB they had on team in 2009 and 2010.

Don't forget goal line TE. ;) He basically said he was a player-coach the past two seasons during today's presser. He'll be a great coach. I just hope he survives this season with Fickell.

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-12-11, 04:19 PM
Don't forget goal line TE. ;) He basically said he was a player-coach the past two seasons during today's presser. He'll be a great coach. I just hope he survives this season with Fickell.

-Kevin

I think he has 12 TDs on 12 receptions (2 in Super Bowls). I forget now if he ever had a drop/missed target.

Ankf00
07-13-11, 12:03 PM
The biggest tangible swing in the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry came today when 2012 Lakewood (Ohio) St. Edward offensive tackle Kyle Kalis gave U-M his commitment, according to multiple recruiting Web sites including TheWolverine.com and GoBlueWolverine.com.

A former Ohio State commitment under ex-coach Jim Tressel, the 6-foot-5, 302-pounder was among the most vocal supporters of sticking with his Buckeyes commitment. But as the tide turned and the NCAA allegations mounted, Kalis decommitted. Switching to Michigan is a major blow for OSU — Kalis is the highest-ranked recruit in U-M’s 19-player 2012 class. Kalis is rated as Rivals.com’s No. 4 offensive tackle prospect (U-M already has No. 8 in California’s Erik Magnuson) and the No. 18th player overall.

Maybe Michigan can win one now :gomer:

Ankf00
07-15-11, 01:00 PM
new NCAA '12 cover for the midwest :D

http://3.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/27/23/da4fc2076c9e45fc538cd4027853ebcf.jpg
http://3.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/41/32/2211abaf42b1429f099766036ccef8e5.jpg

nrc
07-22-11, 07:58 PM
The NCAA has notified Ohio State University that it will not face charges of failing to appropriately monitor its football team as part of a memorabilia-sales scandal that brought down former Coach Jim Tressel.

:p

gerhard911
07-22-11, 08:33 PM
Money talks :thumdown:

Ankf00
07-22-11, 11:05 PM
georgedohrmann George Dohrmann
NCAA met with SI source on OSU story, said it couldn't grant him confidentiality. So, players walk. Happens. SI story still 100% accurate

slmandel Stewart Mandel
So .... In December OSU players were allowed to play Sugar Bowl because "student-athletes did not receive adequate rules education" ...

slmandel Stewart Mandel
Now, NCAA did not levy failure to monitor because "[OSU] provided education to football student-athletes regarding extra benefits."

laughable

dando
07-23-11, 10:03 AM
laughable

The SI article is not 100% accurate. Several of the players mentioned in the article for selling their trinkets have actually produced them to dispute the article. Also note that the Ohio BMV cleared the car deals as legit, as they were sold for fair market value.

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-23-11, 02:48 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel told investigators that he first notified the university's top compliance staff he had a "tip" about issues related to the team's tattoo scandal in December 2010, nearly a month earlier than the university claimed.

Multiple sources told 10 Investigates' Paul Aker that Tressel claimed he verbally disclosed the tip he received about his players' involvement with tattoo shop owner Ed Rife around Dec. 16 to compliance director Doug Archie, Julie Vannatta, Ohio State's senior assistant general counsel, and perhaps others.

10 Investigates asked Vannatta about the claim. She said that she is aware Tressel made such a statement, but that it is not true.

The university has always claimed that it did not learn about what Tressel knew until Jan. 13, after discovering e-mails on the topic during an "unrelated legal matter."

Based on interviews with multiple sources who had access to transcripts of Tressel's statement during a Feb. 8 NCAA investigation, Tressel claimed to have told athletic director Gene Smith, Vannatta and Archie of his tip, Aker reported.

The revelation came during an "informal" investigative meeting held by the school following a letter the university received from the U.S. Department of Justice on Dec. 9. The letter alerted the university that some players had traded their Big Ten championship rings, football jerseys and gold pants, a pendant that players receive from the University for beating Michigan for tattoos.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/07/22/story-ohio-state-jim-tressel-ncaa-investigation-tip.html?sid=102

dando
07-23-11, 05:09 PM
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/07/22/story-ohio-state-jim-tressel-ncaa-investigation-tip.html?sid=102

Well aware of that F00boy. I'm on the record as to questioning who knew what when....especially Smith and Archie. The problem is that proving verbal communication is gonna be difficult if not impossible for the NC2A. It is what it is. Just be happy that we're being dragged through the muck once again. So much fun that even Freddie Coleman spent a good portion of his show on this subject today. :shakehead And if anyone thinks this shiat doesn't happen elsewhere, you should be hit with a clue stick ASAP. :saywhat: Oh wait, it doesn't happen @ UM or Notre Lame becuz they don't win anything. :gomer:

-Kevin

SurfaceUnits
07-23-11, 09:41 PM
in 1978, Lou Holtz had a similar predicament. I wonder what he did?