PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird users...

stroker
06-25-11, 09:24 AM
I'm stumped. I had to reload my system after a crash and now I can't figure out how to format my emails where my response is at the TOP of the letter and not the bottom. Tried all the "Options", "Tools", etc. with no luck.

Cam
06-25-11, 01:35 PM
Options --> Tools --> Composition & Addressing.

Automatically quote - Start my response...

stroker
06-25-11, 04:39 PM
Options --> Tools --> Composition & Addressing.

Automatically quote - Start my response...

I'm using Tbird 3.1.10. That sequence isn't available. I can go Tools>Options>then I get a panel offering options "General", "Display", "Composition", "Security", "Attachments" and "Advanced". If I click on "Composition" there's no option to change format. There's only General, Addressing or Spelling offered.

I've tried posting this question to Mozilla help and had no response in three days.

gerhard911
06-25-11, 05:05 PM
With 3.1.11

Tools => Account Settings => Composing & Addressing

Then you will see the "Automatically quote the original message when replying" option.

stroker
06-25-11, 05:57 PM
With 3.1.11

Tools => Account Settings => Composing & Addressing

Then you will see the "Automatically quote the original message when replying" option.

BADDA BING! Upgraded to 3.1.11 and got 'r done. Thanks, guys!

Insomniac
06-25-11, 10:12 PM
Now that that is solved, time for a hijack. :D

Anyone notice that sometimes Thunderbird doesn't handle attachments well? Occasionally I have image attachments that will only partially load and once I was supposed to have 4 PDFs and only saw 2 + 1 corrupted. Log into Web Mail (OWA) and it's all fine there.

I'm seriously thinking about going back to Outlook. Stop me! :)

stroker
06-26-11, 08:22 AM
Now that that is solved, time for a hijack. :D

Anyone notice that sometimes Thunderbird doesn't handle attachments well? Occasionally I have image attachments that will only partially load and once I was supposed to have 4 PDFs and only saw 2 + 1 corrupted. Log into Web Mail (OWA) and it's all fine there.

I'm seriously thinking about going back to Outlook. Stop me! :)

I've never had any problems with attachments to Tbird--can't help ya there.

Does anyone have experience trying to recover a backed up file on Tbird?

Napoleon
06-26-11, 10:07 AM
And here I thought this would be about the cheap wine.