PDA

View Full Version : Cars 2

cameraman
06-25-11, 01:09 AM
Well my son just pronounced it the best movie in the whole world:laugh:

It's quite a bit different from the original (which I have seen well in excess of 100 times...). Actually it is more of a tribute to the James Bond movies than anything else. It is more of a straight up action flick and Mater is much more the main character than Lightning is.

Kiwifan
06-25-11, 02:18 AM
I too loved the original, so so cool to actually travel on Route 66 a couple of months back and see some of the weird and wacky on the journey. :)

dando
06-25-11, 10:23 AM
It's OK. Our oldest DD actually slept through half of it. :saywhat: I enjoyed the tribute to Doc Hudson. :thumbup: I actually thought Mater and Lightning were co-stars in this one, but Mater's role was definitely increased. I may need to see it again to warmup to it since it took me awhile to warm up to Cars. Now it's time to start fielding requests from DD2 for Cars 2 cars (McMissle, Shiftwell, etc.). :saywhat: It was also a bummer that many of the voices changed. I was also surprised that Filmore appeared considering Carlin passed away since Cars.

-Kevin

G.
07-09-11, 01:13 AM
Some of the best racing scenes I've viewed all year.:\

:thumbup:

Steve99
07-11-11, 03:23 PM
Why is it that most of the cameos had cars that played off their names (e.g. David Hobbscap), but Lewis Hamilton was just Lewis Hamilton?

cameraman
07-11-11, 03:55 PM
It is the only character that changes in the foreign language releases. Hamilton only appears in the English release. These are the other people voicing/naming that character that I know of. There may be more.

Fernando Alonso did the European Spanish version
Memo Rojas did the South/Central American Spanish version
Vitaly Petrov did the Russian version
Sebastian Vettel did the German version
Kamui Kobayashi did the Japanese version

Rogue Leader
07-11-11, 04:01 PM
It is the only character that changes in the foreign language releases. Hamilton only appears in the English release. These are the other people voicing/naming that character that I know of. There may be more.

And yet the car is a McLaren MP4-12C!

cameraman
07-11-11, 04:17 PM
Isn't it every driver's goal to driver for McLaren:rofl:

Insomniac
07-11-11, 07:32 PM
And yet the car is a McLaren MP4-12C!

Didn't the movie already star a Ferrari?

cameraman
07-11-11, 08:18 PM
Cars had Michael Schumacher Ferrari

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100627061007/pixar/images/thumb/c/c9/Ferrari3.jpg/830px-Ferrari3.jpg

Ankf00
07-11-11, 08:58 PM
Isn't it every driver's goal to driver for McLaren:rofl:

well, yeah. :D

emjaya
07-12-11, 04:07 AM

V8 Supercar driver Mark Winterbottom was "Frosty" in the Australian version.

Insomniac
07-12-11, 04:25 PM
Cars had Michael Schumacher Ferrari

I was thinking:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ujmvlu.jpg

cameraman
07-12-11, 08:56 PM
His mom was a Ferrari but you will note that his father was never mentioned...

Tifosi24
07-12-11, 09:50 PM
I think it looks like his father might be a Force India, which might explain why it isn't mentioned.

TravelGal
07-13-11, 07:11 PM
Don't know when I'll get to see the movie but all the silly bidnez at least got me to go read/remember Bernoulli's principle. :D