PDA

View Full Version : Valencia - Yurup GP

Gnam
06-24-11, 12:44 PM
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/2066/valenciab.png

Ferrari and Alonso are quick. Button prays for rain.

Steve99
06-24-11, 01:33 PM
^^^
Is Batman sponsoring this?

Insomniac
06-25-11, 02:43 PM
I don't get the ECU/Engine Map rules clarification. During the race we hear them tell drivers to change the engine mapping. Why wouldn't any one of however many they have be a qualifying one. I'd think they could have a lot of mappings.

Trevor Longman
06-25-11, 11:32 PM
I'm not waiting until noon tomorrow for FOX to get around to showing the race. Where can I find a reliable BBC feed? I know a few of you swear by the European coverage but whenever I look for a good quality stream they're already taken down by FOM.

cameraman
06-25-11, 11:46 PM
You need to find a UK based proxy server. I don't know of one.:(

Trevor Longman
06-26-11, 12:40 AM
I think I found a link to one back in a post on a different forum during Le Mans this year. I'll see if I can find that. Thanks

RusH
06-26-11, 07:48 AM
Anyone for Russian?:D
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/78472_european_grand_prix/

Andrew Longman
06-26-11, 07:56 AM
BBC feed:
http://sportzkrieg.me/live.php?id=110428195233&msg=1

opinionated ow
06-26-11, 10:52 AM
Kobayashi v Petrov. The two wildest drivers head to head :D

Trevor Longman
06-26-11, 01:45 PM
Kobayashi v Petrov. The two wildest drivers head to head :D

A lone bright point in an otherwise lackluster race... :shakehead

cameraman
06-26-11, 02:04 PM
You know when a six year old responds with a shake of the head, "Vettel's in the lead, that's predictable" that things might truly be getting a wee bit predictable.

The only mild surprise being the slow pace of the McClarens.

NismoZ
06-26-11, 05:37 PM
Set up the sprinklers?:p

gjc2
06-26-11, 06:15 PM
I didn’t like that ersatz Sam Posey thing at the beginning. Couldn’t they get Posey?

WickerBill
06-26-11, 07:45 PM
FOX sucks. I have never seen so many commercial breaks in a race in my life. And at the expense of the podium finishers' interviews... rotten.

gerhard911
06-26-11, 08:03 PM
FOX sucks. I have never seen so many commercial breaks in a race in my life. And at the expense of the podium finishers' interviews... rotten.

Not disagreeing with you but do you watch any non F1 races on SPEED (still FAUX, I know) ? Four commercial breaks in each half hour. You barely get 5-6 minutes of programming in between breaks. Unwatchable without a DVR and skip forward :yuck:

WickerBill
06-27-11, 07:09 AM
Not disagreeing with you but do you watch any non F1 races on SPEED (still FAUX, I know) ? Four commercial breaks in each half hour. You barely get 5-6 minutes of programming in between breaks. Unwatchable without a DVR and skip forward :yuck:

No, not really. Just noticed the last two F1 races on FOX were commercial-fests compared to Speed coverage. They should investigate soccer-style advertising and bring us the whole race... racing doesn't have breaks; can you imagine going to a commercial during live action in the NBA or NFL?

I know, this race is hardly the one to complain about since basically nothing happened.

mueber
06-27-11, 07:49 AM

Are you saying they still show auto races on SPEED? When?

gerhard911
06-27-11, 02:25 PM
Are you saying they still show auto races on SPEED? When?

Well, I can't really argue with your point but I just said "races", you assumed "auto" :p

Besides F1 and an occasional GP2, pretty much everything else I watch on SPUD are motorcycle races. MotoGP, WSB and AMA. Those are the 4 breaks per half hour shows to which I was referring :irked:

They have, however, in the last 8 months or so broadcast some Aussie V8, DTM, etc if you are lucky enough to stumble across them or get a season pass setup on your DVR ;)

gjc2
06-27-11, 05:58 PM

Do other networks have less commercials? They all seem about the same to me.

Kiwifan
06-27-11, 06:50 PM
SKYTV New Zealand has no ads throughout the whole race. :) But then again I used to wind you guys up on 7thGear saying how good our CART coverage was compared to the US so best I shut up. ;)

TedN
06-28-11, 12:39 PM
Do other networks have less commercials? They all seem about the same to me.

Here in Canada, TSN shows the live BBC feed. Commercials are minimal and are often split-screened, so you can still see the race action.

Ted

mueber
06-29-11, 04:26 PM
Here in Canada, TSN shows the live BBC feed. Commercials are minimal and are often split-screened, so you can still see the race action.

Ted

Go ahead, rub it in.

opinionated ow
06-29-11, 07:58 PM
Go ahead, rub it in.

Ours is BBC but they put ads in it and when we come back from ads they have annoying comments from the most irritating voices on television, darryl beattie and greg rust