PDA

View Full Version : Google voice, Google voice and video chat

High Sided
06-17-11, 07:46 PM
just started using the google voice and video chat when talking with my girlfriend and I am in awe at how cool this stuff is. video phone calls with the computer, simply amazing. afterwards I checked into the google voice and even better. now i can text my girlfriend for free using my computer keyboard. all u.s. call/texting is free, you get your own google phone number that will ring your cell and land line if you choose or you can use your own number.

google voice
cOZU7BOeQ58

google video chat
JFGJRfoK9xQ

racer2c
06-17-11, 10:14 PM
Txts work fine. Can't get calls to work though. Humph

WickerBill
06-18-11, 06:47 AM
Calls are free in gmail. I particularly like using Gvoice instead of my AT&T voicemail... GVoice transcribes the voicemail and texts it to you.

extramundane
06-18-11, 07:11 AM
GVoice transcribes the voicemail and texts it to you.

Or, in my case, Google Voice texts a random jumble of letters that bears about 35% resemblance to the actual voicemail. If they can improve the transcription, I'd be very tempted to start using GV as my primary number rather than the number I give out to annoying vendors I don't want cloggin up my real number.

High Sided
06-18-11, 01:12 PM
Txts work fine. Can't get calls to work though. Humph

i had problems to with call at first untill i realized the ringing phone was mine on my gmail page. went to the gmail page/tab and answered phone then it connected me to the # i dialed from the gvoice page/tab.

you have to have your gmail open when calling from gvoice