PDA

View Full Version : Oooo...Pakistan Rates A "3"...

NismoZ
06-15-11, 12:28 PM
...on a scale of 1-10, for cooperation with the US in battling terrorism! (per CIA deputy director) Of course the arresting and "detaining" of several who helped the CIA get Bin Laden didn't help the cause. Theirs OR ours. Now you know why it took so long to find the guy! (Gosh, we didn't know he was HERE!) Sends a message I think we already knew, but gee, they sent the wrecked helicopter to us and not the Chinese, didn't they? Be interesting to see how this shakes out.

devilmaster
06-15-11, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately it also sends a msg, don't help the US or else. I suspect most of these CIA informants will not been seen again.

racer2c
06-15-11, 01:08 PM
The message is loud and clear; the US will do it with you or without you. :thumbup:

SteveH
06-15-11, 04:35 PM
The arrests were made knowing full well there is debate in the US over the aid being sent to Pakistan. Isn't this sort of telling us they no longer want it? That's how I read it. ;)

Indy
06-15-11, 07:14 PM
I would guess the people doing the arresting want the CIA out of there. But not everyone.

Insomniac
06-23-11, 03:01 PM
U.S. officials say Pakistan has apparently tipped off militants at two more bomb-building factories in its tribal areas, giving the terror suspects time to flee, after U.S. intelligence shared the locations with the Pakistani government.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-06-18-us-pakistan-militants_n.htm

They will always do this. They tipped off Bin Laden when Clinton had him with Cruise Missiles. Them having nukes puts us in a precarious position. Lucky for us they want our money so we can keep poking at them.

NismoZ
06-23-11, 05:59 PM
Yeah, heard that one. Lesson learned? Gee, I'll bet all those bomb makers were "civilians" though?

Napoleon
11-04-11, 03:05 PM
New long form story in the Atlantic, The Ally From Hell (http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/print/2011/12/the-ally-from-hell/8730/)