PDA

View Full Version : Texas Two Step :gomer:

racer2c
06-10-11, 02:30 PM
"The Texas Two Step, officially known as the Firestone Twin 275s, features a pair of 114-lap sprints with an hour intermission. Drivers will qualify Friday for the first race and then draw for positions in the nightcap. "

Can you feel the eggcitment?

Gnam
06-10-11, 02:45 PM
If a front runner crashes out of the first race, can he buy a backmarker's ride for the second? :gomer:

Finally a way for the smaller teams to get paid.

Chief
06-10-11, 02:54 PM
Who won Milwaukee?

Steve99
06-10-11, 03:11 PM
Not sure what you are babbling about. This weekend is the Canadian Gran Prix and 24 Hours of Le Mans.

emjaya
06-10-11, 11:13 PM
Not sure what you are babbling about. This weekend is the Canadian Gran Prix and 24 Hours of Le Mans.

And the MotoGP at Silverstone.

SurfaceUnits
06-11-11, 12:46 PM
Maybe JR hilderbrand will put on a display of his athleticism during the break

Wheel-Nut
06-11-11, 07:02 PM
What's the over / under for the number of cars that make race 2 tonight?

TKGAngel
06-11-11, 07:22 PM
Maybe JR hilderbrand will put on a display of his athleticism during the break

Well, he does have another knee he can mess up. Or he & Graham can turn this week's Twitter slap fight into a real, honest to goodness fight.

IlliniRacer
06-11-11, 09:56 PM
This has all the makings of The Princess getting The Call

cameraman
06-11-11, 10:40 PM
A random draw to set the grid:shakehead The IRL is idiotic.

Nice to see Pumpelly first in class at the moment.

RTKar
06-11-11, 10:59 PM
This has all the makings of The Princess getting The Call

I thought the same thing.

For awhile I thought Le Mans would be over before this circus

Andrew Longman
06-12-11, 06:13 PM
Maybe I was just in a good mood but I thought the racing was frantic and the drivers professional (only one wanker crash on the evening, lots of skill displayed racing and by teams). The twin bill was a new twist. KV didn't wreck a car.

Even the half time show MC'd by Bob Jenkins was gomerific but much more professional than crap I'd seen in the past from the IRL.

Peeking over at TF the many gomers hated a lot of things about it. So something must be right.

That said, I was very much glad to move back to LeMans once it came back on.

devilmaster
06-12-11, 06:45 PM
Peeking over at TF the many gomers hated a lot of things about it. So something must be right.

That said, I was very much glad to move back to LeMans once it came back on.

In that Robin Miller/Tony George radio interview after the Indy, TG was bitching (yes, really bitching and whining) that no one in running the show has talked to him or asked him about his opinion or help.

Prime example why no one seems to like the product anymore. They destroyed something good and now are trying to build it back up.

TKGAngel
06-12-11, 07:20 PM
1. Poor Dario and Will having to pose for this photo (http://www.popoffvalve.com/2011/6/12/2220099/indycar-doubleheader-texas-twin-275s-dario-franchitti-will-power).

2. I thought Wheldon was a nice, pleasant addition to the broadcast booth. However, he kept mentioning that his winning car from the 500 was being driven in Texas by Wade Cunningham. I thought the winning cars from the 500 were donated to the museum. Do they not do that any more?

3. If they try the twin race format again, the halftime show needs to be shortened in some way. I know I jumped ship to my DVR for awhile and managed to watch a program and not miss much racing. I wonder how many others did the same?

Mr. Vengeance
06-12-11, 07:45 PM
I wonder how many others did the same?

Dozens.

Rogue Leader
06-12-11, 08:26 PM
My favorite parts

1. How many drivers told Bob Jenkins hes an idiot when he asked them a question

2. That they played "Sharp Dressed Man" when Danica was on Stage...

Elmo T
06-12-11, 09:11 PM
2. I thought Wheldon was a nice, pleasant addition to the broadcast booth.

Agreed - I'd take him over Cheever or Goodyear any day.

I watched the first race, made it through part of the intermission show :yuck:, but not past that. That show was a killer. I even felt sorry for Jenkins.

racer2c
06-12-11, 10:08 PM
1. Poor Dario and Will having to pose for this photo (http://www.popoffvalve.com/2011/6/12/2220099/indycar-doubleheader-texas-twin-275s-dario-franchitti-will-power).

2. I thought Wheldon was a nice, pleasant addition to the broadcast booth. However, he kept mentioning that his winning car from the 500 was being driven in Texas by Wade Cunningham. I thought the winning cars from the 500 were donated to the museum. Do they not do that any more?

3. If they try the twin race format again, the halftime show needs to be shortened in some way. I know I jumped ship to my DVR for awhile and managed to watch a program and not miss much racing. I wonder how many others did the same?

How many crapwagons do they need? Lol!
Yes, the intermission was waaaaay too drawn out. A lottery is ridiculous for a points race. Dario/Dixon were quite open about what a joke this formate was.

Why oh why isn't miller in the booth!?!! He's the only one of the bunch that has anything relevant to say or ask!!!!! I never had a problem with Jon back in the day...now, every time he opens his mouth it's like he's talking to a 3year old. Weldon seemed very comfortable in the booth but he sounds like a hobbit.

The racing was typical.

SurfaceUnits
06-12-11, 10:21 PM
Dozens.

tens

Dvdb
06-12-11, 10:27 PM
Thought Wheldon was insightful and didn't talk down to the viewers like it was Indy 101.

And I was expecting Wheldon douchy when I saw he was on the broadcast.

Of course, I passed out on the couch around 9, woke up an hour latrer, and still saw the second race.

Wheel-Nut
06-13-11, 12:18 PM
Wally Dallenbach was on "Special Assignment". :eek:

He was in the broadcast booth for the NASCAR Pocono race.

:laugh:

TravelGal
06-26-11, 10:06 PM

The short term answer, which I happened to see in the paper this week, is that the #98 is at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum with a "racing" exhibit this summer, which seems to be all NASCAR with the sole exception of the winning Indy Centennial car. :yuck: It says that the car "will be raced later this year." I guess they can't afford to park anything these days.