PDA

View Full Version : How long has CART been gone?

Kiwifan
06-08-11, 09:14 PM
I'm amazed by the amount of advertising out there that still shows a Champ Car or similar. Just looked at a local Daily Deal site down here and it looks like roll hoop and not an air scoop or whatever they call it on todays open wheelers.

http://www.firstin.co.nz/products/viewsonic-10-inch-gtablet-5371/

Every now and then you will here a turbo scream as you browse the Hi Fi dept of the big box store, Super Speedway must be a good selling point for home theatre. :)

Carry on, rant over.

devilmaster
06-08-11, 10:18 PM
the pic in the tablet is probably a still from Super Speedway. Hell, I can see the palms, so its probably homestead back stretch.... I miss the the old Texaco/Kmart Newman/Hass cars...

SteveH
06-08-11, 10:20 PM
how long?

too long

datachicane
06-08-11, 10:58 PM
:(

Forget the good ones, I even miss the crappy races.

Andrew Longman
06-09-11, 10:35 AM
Trev was pointing out the other day that it seems whenever a movie or video game or whatnot needs a sound effect of a speeding race car they use a turbo'd champcar.

I don't think his study was scientific, but I think he has a point.

Ankf00
06-09-11, 10:36 AM
long enough for me to rarely, if ever, pay attention to the racing boards here :\

Anteater
06-09-11, 11:14 PM
Back in March, the Long Beach Grunion Gazette (yes, that's really the name) had a display ad inviting local businesses to advertise in the paper's Grand Prix edition. Every car and driver pictured in the ad was Champ Car! Gone but certainly not forgotten.