PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk

opinionated ow
06-08-11, 10:17 AM
td3KlonxeOE

There was an aquarobics class on at my pool whilst I was getting changed the other day and the stereo ran through quite a good selection of tunes (Fontella Bass-Rescue Me, Blues Brothers etc.) but then this came on. I'd never heard it before and was raving about it at work and it turns out a South African colleague of mine has/had it on vinyl. I just can't see something this cool happening musically these days...

devilmaster
06-08-11, 10:53 AM
I do remember this from the late 70's early 80s....

In the Family Guy parody of Jedi, the attack on the Death Star does a quick bit about that song....

Elmo T
06-08-11, 11:22 AM
hEcjgJSqSRU

chop456
06-09-11, 01:53 AM
I had that on vinyl as a little kid. A present from my aunt, IIRC. :laugh:

racer2c
06-10-11, 10:48 AM
Somewhat Star Wars related...I read an article yesterday about the new Star Wars games coming out for the Xbox360 that is Kinect enabled. The review said it was incredibly satisfying to use the force with your own body motions as opposed to pressing a button on a controller. Picking up a heavy crate with your arm motions and throwing it at an enemy sounds very cool. Of course a light sabre duel would be the pinnacle but in this version there is an annoying delay. Hopefully they can sort that out.

datachicane
06-10-11, 11:12 AM
I remember that from back in the day, but 'cool' wasn't the word we used for it.
:gomer::laugh:

racer2c
06-10-11, 11:30 AM
I remember that from back in the day, but 'cool' wasn't the word we used for it.
:gomer::laugh:

:D:thumbup: Same here!