PDA

View Full Version : Zanardi will race in Vegas!

Fio1
05-30-11, 06:26 PM
10-years after his savage crash, Alex Zanardi will make his return to Indy Car racing! He said he'll race in the Vegas 500 as one of the 5-million dollar invites. This is only reason in the world to see an IRL race in Vegas!

It's in this week's Autosprint available for the iPad. :thumbup:

BTW, the other names mentioned are Villeneuve {sigh} and Travis Pastrana :rolleyes:

Forza Zanardi! :thumbup:

SteveH
05-30-11, 06:38 PM
No, please don't

Fio1
05-30-11, 10:06 PM
Why not? He joked and said, in case of accident the only thing I could lose are my arms...

Others considered are; Max Papis, Matias Ekstrom, Jimmy Vasser and Michael Andretti. Randy Bernard wants exotic names like Seba Loeb, Valentino Rossi and Kimi. I'm hoping for Johnny Rutherford and Al Unser SR. :D

Duroc
05-30-11, 10:25 PM
We'll call the first two Operation Low Hanging Fruit. I'll guess Pastrana brings sponsor interest. Somebody has to cover the appearance fees.

pchall
05-30-11, 10:37 PM
If the Z man does race I hope he sends everybody home after a good cry in their helmet bags.

Trevor Longman
05-30-11, 11:33 PM
I wonder what Daniela thinks of this. Maybe just wants him to get out of the house. :D

TravelGal
05-31-11, 12:49 AM
When is this travesty? I refuse to go to IndyCar.com or whatever it is so I'm ignorunt of the schedule.

Duroc
05-31-11, 01:01 AM
When is this travesty? I refuse to go to IndyCar.com or whatever it is so I'm ignorunt of the schedule.

No clue, I just know there's a lot of IRL incompetence to be had between the dead cat bounce of the 500 and the season finale.

Napoleon
05-31-11, 05:57 AM
No, please don't

Ditto

dando
05-31-11, 09:53 AM

16-Oct according to E$PN.com.

-Kevin

Mr. Vengeance
05-31-11, 09:58 AM
I thought the days of using disadvantaged people as circus-freak sideshows was over. Not for P.T. Bernard, apparently...

Sad to see Zanardi's a willing partner in this sham. :shakehead

Indy
05-31-11, 10:01 AM
I doubt I will ever return to Vegas for any reason. It was fun for a while, but it gets old. And I can't get over the fact that the gambling industry (not sports or poker, but all so-called games of chance) deliberately exploits known weaknesses of the human brain to steal money. It is the moral equivalent of stealing from the mentally handicapped.

Regarding Zanardi, I wish he would just stay safe, but he is a risk taker by nature, so no doubt he is comfortable with it.

Indy
05-31-11, 10:04 AM
I thought the days of using disadvantaged people as circus-freak sideshows was over.

Reality TV

Mr. Vengeance
05-31-11, 10:07 AM
Reality TV

Touché. :)

nrc
05-31-11, 01:37 PM
I wish Alex Zanardi the best in whatever he wants to do. But maybe he should review video of IndyCar's emergency response team in action before he straps himself into one of their crapwagons.

Insomniac
05-31-11, 02:01 PM
Why not? He joked and said, in case of accident the only thing I could lose are my arms...

I know it's a joke, but that's a huge change in quality of life vs. his legs.

Gnam
05-31-11, 02:41 PM
I wish Zanardi all the best. :thumbup:

Here's a To Do list to help him prepare:
1) Ask to see that $5 mil in cash before the race.
2) Strengthen hand muscles to hold accelerator open for two hours.
3) Visit nearest WalMart and/or ghost town to acclimate himself to IRL fans.
4) Catch Danicamania!
5) Practice being on fire for 30 seconds at a time.
6) Ask for copy of IRL rulebook.
7) Practice Dallaroplane takeoffs and landings.
8) Back into a wall at least once a week to toughen up spinal cord.
9) Pack "What happened?" t-shirt.
10) Wake up and realize he's Alex ****ing Zanardi and the IRL sucks. :irked:

Don Quixote
05-31-11, 03:01 PM
IBut maybe he should review video of IndyCar's emergency response team in action before he straps himself into one of their crapwagons.I have yet to see the latest video. Apparently it has been scrubbed.

NismoZ
05-31-11, 05:01 PM
Be only fair to let him use a 900hp Champcar.

racer2c
05-31-11, 09:33 PM
I wish Alex Zanardi the best in whatever he wants to do. But maybe he should review video of IndyCar's emergency response team in action before he straps himself into one of their crapwagons.

They picked it up for the actual race. A few times the safety trucks were following behind the crashed car while it was still moving, waiting for it to stop! :eek:

Duroc
05-31-11, 10:21 PM
Maybe they'll show some love to the 500 winner? :saywhat:

Indy
06-01-11, 09:10 PM
I wish Zanardi all the best. :thumbup:

Here's a To Do list to help him prepare:
1) Ask to see that $5 mil in cash before the race.
2) Strengthen hand muscles to hold accelerator open for two hours.
3) Visit nearest WalMart and/or ghost town to acclimate himself to IRL fans.
4) Catch Danicamania!
5) Practice being on fire for 30 seconds at a time.
6) Ask for copy of IRL rulebook.
7) Practice Dallaroplane takeoffs and landings.
8) Back into a wall at least once a week to toughen up spinal cord.
9) Pack "What happened?" t-shirt.
10) Wake up and realize he's Alex ****ing Zanardi and the IRL sucks. :irked:

Brilliant, Gnam. :laugh:

RTKar
06-01-11, 09:13 PM
If that's what he wants to do, so be it. He has nothing to prove but I wonder if he has demons to excorcise.

Steve99
06-02-11, 06:19 PM
They picked it up for the actual race. A few times the safety trucks were following behind the crashed car while it was still moving, waiting for it to stop! :eek:

But did they know what to do once they got there, or did they just use the fire to warm their tenderloin sandwich?

Ziggy
06-10-11, 07:42 AM
yawn

a handicapped driver propping up a joke of a series

enjoy :thumdown:

TrueBrit
06-10-11, 09:29 AM
yawn

a handicapped driver propping up a joke of a series

enjoy :thumdown:

Yeah, but it might be fun watching him kick the **** out of the series regulars...

NismoZ
06-10-11, 10:41 AM
Oct. 16th!? Crap...the day I Got drafted! Is he still really in this thing and who else has stepped up...or IN it?

SteveH
06-10-11, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but it might be fun watching him kick the **** out of the series regulars...

The problem with that is you have to watch.

Mary
06-11-11, 01:08 PM
Have they no decency? Will they stoop to any level? I love Alex and I hope he kicks butt, but this is freak show-level stuff. I feel yucky even responding to this.

I know I'm not around much anymore and I certainly don't watch this stuff and I'm getting old, but IIRC, wasn't Zanardi just the sort of driver the IRL or whatever they're calling it now, was created to counter? Why are they glorifying him? I thought his type was responsible for all the evil in the world (okay, the open wheel racing world).

You know, all those TV ads for the 100th Indy 500 almost, almost, almost, made me watch it (I haven't watched since Villeneuve won). I am SOOOOOOO glad I managed to hold out and keep my anti-streak in tact. These people suck and I hate them. (Okay, not "hate" but intensly dislike). I do hate what they did to a sport I loved following for years (I thank the maker for F1, crappy tires and all). But this is a new low. A new low.

Mary