PDA

View Full Version : It's Kyle Again

NismoZ
05-25-11, 09:24 AM
"Kyle Bush arrested for driving faster on a rural North Carolina road than he averaged in his last NASCAR race." Just 83 mph over the limit! Whachya got in that thing boy?

devilmaster
05-25-11, 09:41 AM
surprised series' have never made the rule that if you lose or have suspended your regular license, that the series would honor that suspension with your super-license. Or whatever the daytona boys use.

opinionated ow
05-25-11, 10:23 AM
surprised series' have never made the rule that if you lose or have suspended your regular license, that the series would honor that suspension with your super-license. Or whatever the daytona boys use.

Licence? 'Sif they have licences...

extramundane
05-25-11, 10:55 AM
At least this time he was out in the middle of nowhere, instead of almost plowing down people in an Arby's parking lot.

TKGAngel
05-25-11, 11:02 AM
And Kyle is already on double secret probation for his stunt with Harvick a couple of weeks ago.

Andrew Longman
05-25-11, 01:53 PM
http://www.bnd.com/2011/05/24/1721346/busch-gets-speeding-ticket-129.html

128 in a 45? Don't they just shoot you at the side of the road for that sort of thing in NC? At least isn't it a mandatory trip to jail to wait to talk to a judge?

It is in my parts anyway. :rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
05-25-11, 11:07 PM
Anyone else and car confiscated, license revoked, in jail and huge fine. That prick, not much. Easily could have killed someone. He deserves to Earnhardt himself at one of the big tracks.

cameraman
05-26-11, 12:00 AM
That will garner you jail time in Utah.:irked:

NismoZ
05-26-11, 11:18 AM
Reading where he said "I was test driving a sportscar." C'mon, how many of us haven't visited a dealer and done THAT!? So, what was this sportscar? Maybe he's trying to prepare for Le Mans.

NismoZ
05-26-11, 11:28 AM
Just remembered, a local kid named Derrick Rose signed a big pro contract a couple of years ago and pretty much the next DAY was stopped for doing twice the limit on I-88 in his brand new Porsche! I think he had to go to a few high schools and tell kids not to do that...or some other horrible punishment.

chop456
05-26-11, 12:59 PM
Just remembered, a local kid named Derrick Rose signed a big pro contract a couple of years ago and pretty much the next DAY was stopped for doing twice the limit on I-88 in his brand new Porsche! I think he had to go to a few high schools and tell kids not to do that...or some other horrible punishment.

Sounds like Ronnie Fields, but different.

"Who?"

Exactly.

NismoZ
05-26-11, 03:58 PM
Yeah, Fields. Coulda, woulda, shoulda...but didn't. His bud Garnett did, though.

TKGAngel
06-04-11, 08:05 PM
Kyle Busch & Richard Childress have an altercation after the Truck race (http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2011/6/4/2206997/kyle-busch-richard-childress-punch-nascar-truck-series-kansas-altercation-2011).

According to several sources, Childress removed his watch and handed it to grandson Austin Dillon before walking up to Busch.

Childress apparently didn't like what he heard from Busch upon speaking with the driver, and the 65-year-old grandfather placed Busch in a headlock and punched him two or three times.

Busch then went to the ground in a defensive position to avoid further injury, but Childress attempted to punch Busch again after he rose.

:rofl: :saywhat:

NismoZ
06-04-11, 10:13 PM
NEVER mess with a pissed-off 65 year old without a watch!:cool:

Michaelhatesfans
06-05-11, 02:15 AM
Taking your watch off must be redneck for "I'll be your huckleberry"

NismoZ
06-06-11, 05:23 PM
So, has Richard been invited to "The Trailer" yet?

TKGAngel
06-07-11, 08:45 AM
So, has Richard been invited to "The Trailer" yet?

Yup. $150k fine & double secret probation for the remainder of this calendar year. RC's statement regarding the sitch was that he accepted responsibility for his actions, but did not and will not apologize for them.

Andrew Longman
06-07-11, 12:27 PM
...he accepted responsibility for his actions, but did not and will not apologize for them.

"Yup. That was my boot in his punk ass and I am not sorry for it" :D

Guess NASCAR wants to leave the "theater" to the "talent". I suppose they are worried some owner will someday punch a France family member in the puss for not taking action against a driver who keeps tearing up other competitors' hardware. Frankly, if I was paying the freight I'd be pissed too.

Wonder what would happen if the owners simply took a collective bounty out on Kyle (NASCAR/Grandam style). First driver, every race, to take Kyle out gets half the winners' prize money. They can't suspend the whole field.

But I guess Kyle is good for ratings, so no, even if some owners are stuck paying for the collateral damage.

Rogue Leader
06-07-11, 03:35 PM
I don't really watch NASCAR much and I didn't see the race but did see and read about this.

He deserved it. I mean what a flaming v****a that he gets raced hard, loses and cries about it by hitting some rookie's car.

Glad Childress didn't back down, and I hope someone else hits him harder next time. Brat.

NismoZ
11-06-11, 12:11 AM
AND AGAIN!...Can't believe he lasted THIS long! In the 'Cup chase and he effs-up in a truck race and gets sat down for the rest of the weekend! Smart move, bonehead! I don't think the racing community thinks purposeful wrecking is so cool, especially given recent events. :shakehead

grungex
11-06-11, 02:30 AM
I thought that was the whole point of NASCRAP. F-ing bunch of hypocrites.

High Sided
11-06-11, 12:32 PM
what kyle did goes way past "have at it boys". he took ron out of any chance to win the truck championship. taking away kyles's chance of winning the sprint cup seems to be a fitting punishment.

7tVWHGTA2xY

TKGAngel
11-06-11, 01:25 PM
There are also rumors that the sponsors are coming down heavily on Coach Gibbs to park Kyle for the remainder of the season.

Indy
11-06-11, 02:11 PM
No HANS and Hornaday easily could have been killed. So, 1) you are welcome, Mr. Hornaday and NASCAR, courtesy of Championship Auto Racing Teams, and 2) Busch is an idiot and his career should be over.

I couldn't care less about NASCAR, but do they not encourage grudges and questionable ethics in their drivers? Is anyone in the media pointing that out and taking them to task for operating a professional wrestling in cars entertainment show?

racer2c
11-06-11, 02:25 PM
I love how the gomer announcers mention in overdone dramatical emphasis how the dude has been called to the hauler. It's like he has to report to darth vadar. NASCAR never changes, still as stoopid as ever. What they don't let the audience in on is how the brass in the hauler pat the dude on the back and cut him his bonus check for the press.

Ziggy
11-07-11, 11:51 AM
while no fan of NASCAR, that incident was way over the top. Not only did two trucks get destroyed, but I thought the whole banging thing when passing the lapper was pretty predictable from Busch's standpoint. The truck in the center is of course going to get loose, and it was pretty tame

the "retalliation" was however, even for NASCAR, over the top. The driver could have been severely injured, and of course he truck is toast.

Suspend him, make him run open wheel to earn a living

trauma1
11-07-11, 01:11 PM
Another gimmick gone aray

Freestyle motocross rider Jim McNeil, 32, died Sunday morning during practice for an exhibition that had been scheduled to coincide with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series' AAA Texas 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas. The event was one stop on the 2011 Boost Mobile FreestyleMX.com Worldwide Tour; McNeil had been a member of the Boost FMX team for the last nine years.

According to a statement released by Boost Mobile, McNeil was practicing on The Midway at the Texas Motor Speedway when he crashed. He was taken by CareFlight to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

cameraman
11-07-11, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't call it a gimmick, it is a professional series albeit an insane one.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/IFWT-Jim-Mcneil.jpg

You get a jump like that wrong and bad things will happen to you.:shakehead

Winston Wolfe
11-08-11, 12:50 AM
while no fan of NASCAR, that incident was way over the top. Not only did two trucks get destroyed, but I thought the whole banging thing when passing the lapper was pretty predictable from Busch's standpoint. The truck in the center is of course going to get loose, and it was pretty tame

the "retalliation" was however, even for NASCAR, over the top. The driver could have been severely injured, and of course he truck is toast.

I'm with ya, Ziggy.... he could have serious hurt Hornaday, who is known to be far from a prince charming himself, but who is in the thick of a truck championship chase. He destroyed Hornaday's truck, for sure, and screwed up his own. Where I have the problem is that he drove him up into the outside wall, headfirst into the safer barrier and really could have ended Hornaday's point chase hopes, career and even life.

However, NAPCAB is loving the press this thing generates, and most everyone is calling for his season to be over, and some suggest that M&Ms and other sponsors call for Kyle's head.... JGR is going to have to make a tough decision, which Hendrick's made a few years back when they let him go from the #5 car.... I think Shrub must be a trip to deal with, had $Million dollar talent and a .10 cent brain..... like so many other drivers we know.
This was dangerous, over the top and just plain stupid.
How totally "Nascar" of him to do such a thing:shakehead

High Sided
11-10-11, 11:16 AM
looks like his season may in fact be over...
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_KYLE_BUSCH?
"Multiple people familiar with Busch's schedule told the AP that Z-Line Designs asked this week that Denny Hamlin replace Busch in next weekend's Nationwide race at Homestead. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because Busch's future was still being discussed Thursday with sponsors and Joe Gibbs Racing.

Among the options being considered is Aric Almirola replacing Busch in the final two Sprint Cup Series races of the season, as primary sponsor M&M's decides how it wants to proceed with Busch. Although NASCAR has cleared Busch to race this weekend at Phoenix, JGR officials have been silent on his status in Sunday's Cup race."

Ed_Severson
11-10-11, 11:38 AM
I cannot emphasize enough how little I care about NASCAR, but when your sponsors are having discussions about replacing you with a guy who can't even spell "Eric" correctly, you've ****ed up.

cameraman
11-10-11, 12:08 PM
Well technically it was his parents who were unable to spell Eric...

Rogue Leader
11-10-11, 07:13 PM
One can only hope this dbag loses his ride. I'm not much of a NASCAR guy either, but I watch occasionally and can't stand this whiny brat.

trauma1
11-10-11, 11:58 PM
One can only hope this dbag loses his ride. I'm not much of a NASCAR guy either, but I watch occasionally and can't stand this whiny brat.

And people wondered why Hendrick cannned his arse:shakehead:shakehead

Gnam
11-11-11, 01:56 AM

That's ice cold.

High Sided
11-11-11, 03:56 AM
Kyle's in for the last 2 races with interstate battery on the car. m&m's back on the car in February with Kyle in the seat.
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20111110kb

trish
11-11-11, 08:43 AM
Kyle's in for the last 2 races with interstate battery on the car. m&m's back on the car in February with Kyle in the seat.
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20111110kb

It's good to see they've come to their senses. This whole thing was stupid.

Rogue Leader
11-11-11, 10:59 AM
It's good to see they've come to their senses. This whole thing was stupid.

So its ok to try to kill someone, as long as you are sorry afterwards?

trish
11-11-11, 11:19 AM
So its ok to try to kill someone, as long as you are sorry afterwards?

So when Kyle does it, it's trying to kill someone? Or are you saying that he is the only driver to intentionally wreck someone, making what he did unique in NASCAR.

trauma1
11-11-11, 11:28 AM
QUOTE=trish;300259]So when Kyle does it, it's trying to kill someone? Or are you saying that he is the only driver to intentionally wreck someone, making what he did unique in NASCAR.[/QUOTE]

this was for MULTIBLE incidents of intentially wreaking Harvicks cars and trucks in all the series:saywhat::saywhat::saywhat::shakehead

extramundane
11-11-11, 11:41 AM
So when Kyle does it, it's trying to kill someone? Or are you saying that he is the only driver to intentionally wreck someone, making what he did unique in NASCAR.

How many of the others nearly mauled a couple of pedestrians by doing donuts in a the parking lot of a restaurant that was open and serving customers? While in town to promote a Safe Driving program, no less.

Dude's an asshat who should be parked permanently, and I don't just mean on the track.

High Sided
11-11-11, 12:04 PM
How many of the others nearly mauled a couple of pedestrians by doing donuts in a the parking lot of a restaurant that was open and serving customers?

betting robby gordon has.:gomer:

trauma1
11-11-11, 01:57 PM
M&M are pizzed

After a long Thursday apparently filled with discussions and deliberations, the Mars Inc. company announced late Thursday night that, despite removing its major signage from Joe Gibbs Racing cars for the rest of this season, it will resume sponsorship of Kyle Busch’s efforts next year.

The JGR No. 18 Toyotas will carry Interstate Batteries (a bedrock JGR sponsor) colors for the season’s final two Sprint Cup races after Mars decided to pull its familiar and colorful M&Ms signage from the cars.

When M&Ms returns in 2012, there will be the expectation, Thursday’s news release said, “that no future incident take place.”

“As a proud member of the racing community, Mars and the M&Ms brand strongly support the partnership we have with Joe Gibbs Racing and are committed to NASCAR. Yet, Kyle’s recent actions are unacceptable and do not reflect the values of Mars,” said Debra Sandler, chief consumer officer for Mars Chocolate North America.

“While we do not condone Kyle’s recent actions, we do believe that he has shown remorse and has expressed a desire to change. We believe our decision will have a positive impact on Kyle and will help him return next season ready to win.”

Rogue Leader
11-11-11, 04:31 PM
Well

this was for MULTIBLE incidents of intentially wreaking Harvicks cars and trucks in all the series:saywhat::saywhat::saywhat::shakehead
This

How many of the others nearly mauled a couple of pedestrians by doing donuts in a the parking lot of a restaurant that was open and serving customers? While in town to promote a Safe Driving program, no less.

Dude's an asshat who should be parked permanently, and I don't just mean on the track.
and this.

And you do realize what he did to Hornaday was on a YELLOW FLAG as well when safety crews could have been pulling on to the track or who knows what. Not only that he had his crew screaming in his ear to back off and don't do it. Also in this I'm not justifying people like Schumacher and Senna who blatantly caused wrecks either. But its a whole lot different when you have spent your season intentionally wrecking people, and then you go so far as to take someone out under a yellow flag, with a pit maneuver which is even worse.

grungex
11-11-11, 11:37 PM
:thumdown: :flame:

This is all a result of NASCAR's stupid "boys have at it" rules, or lack thereof. The pissing and moaning and holier-than-thou BS over this makes me want to puke. If Dead Earnhardt had done this all of his fans would be cheering him on.

This comment from a fan at Racer mag says it all:

"Have at it boys! well we mean most of you boys, unless later we decide we really don't want you to. Then you cant, and we may even make an example out of you. Unless we change our mind. and maybe just call you a bad boy or give you a lucky dog or something, depending on if its a real yellow or a competition yellow."

NismoZ
11-13-11, 02:17 PM
"Safety? SAFEty?? We don't need no steenking 'safety', we need butts in the seats!!"-NASCRAP:gomer:

RTKar
11-13-11, 06:39 PM
:thumdown: :flame:

This is all a result of NASCAR's stupid "boys have at it" rules, or lack thereof. The pissing and moaning and holier-than-thou BS over this makes me want to puke. If Dead Earnhardt had done this all of his fans would be cheering him on.

This comment from a fan at Racer mag says it all:

"Have at it boys! well we mean most of you boys, unless later we decide we really don't want you to. Then you cant, and we may even make an example out of you. Unless we change our mind. and maybe just call you a bad boy or give you a lucky dog or something, depending on if its a real yellow or a competition yellow."

:thumbup:

If a drivers Q rating ( I think that's what it's called) is high he/she has cart blanche. How many drivers did "3" wreck? He was good for ratings.

NismoZ
11-14-11, 04:14 PM
Yep, that's the blueprint they go by. He was easily elected the #1 all-time "Badboy" of NASCAR. Guess who finished 2nd?:rofl:

High Sided
11-23-11, 12:51 PM
those Busch boys sure got f#*ked up attitudes for making millions.

caution: language....

NsaBQq5D4Zg

Rocketdoc
12-05-11, 12:30 AM
Penske just fired Kyle Busch.

Opposite Lock
12-05-11, 12:51 AM
Penske just fired Kyle Busch.

Dang. :eek: I knew Penske was powerful, but to fire a driver from the Joe Gibbs team only underscores just how powerful.

:gomer:

:D

High Sided
12-05-11, 01:25 AM
dumping big brother Kurt..
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Kurt-Busch-reportedly-being-replaced-by-Penske-Racing-in-wake-of-outbursts-120411
Kurt Busch will no longer be driving for Penske Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, according to multiple reports Sunday.

Fio1
12-05-11, 02:23 AM
Wow! Good for Roger Penske! I'm sure the sponsors told Roger they'd pull the plug if Kurt was in that car. How many times has he acted like that to Jerry Punch? Are you telling me that if that fan hadn't filmed it on his cel-phone and uploaded on youtube, it'll be a non-issue? :saywhat:

JohnHKart
12-05-11, 03:40 AM
Fired week or two after the season Paul Tracy 1997 style ! Roger doesn't coddle anybody like Joe Gibbs it's cut and run!

NismoZ
12-05-11, 03:57 AM
Whoa! Guess the nut doesn't fall very far from the tree. We're surrounded by Busch-holes! MAJOR Busch-holes!

NismoZ
12-05-11, 04:08 AM
Maybe The Cap'n should hire Kyle? Make Gibbs an offer. I hear Hornish is available, too. I don't think he swears OR fights! Probably wouldn't win if he did.

Napoleon
12-05-11, 06:39 AM
I am amazed they took this long to fire him. I half expected the Captain to fire him while he was getting out of the car at the last race.

High Sided
12-05-11, 11:44 AM
missed kurts meltdown #1
f-word...
YVN-ruNmiSs

Andrew Longman
12-05-11, 12:20 PM
“Shell and Pennzoil are disappointed with recent actions by driver, Kurt Busch, at the final race of the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race season,” the company said in a statement. “His actions are in no way consistent with the way we want our brands represented and we have expressed our disappointment and concerns directly to Penske Racing.”

That'll do it most every time -- especially at Penske. He simply does not piss off his business friends. And anywhere in the Penske empire not cleaning off your desk at the end of the day can get you fired. Not being buttoned down or doing anything that isn't about success is seriously frowned upon.

Regan will/would be a good replacement.

Ironic in a way that Kurt is getting counseling to help with his "demeanor" in a year when bad boy Tony Stewart wins the title. Not too long ago Tony was getting counseling.

NismoZ
12-05-11, 12:55 PM
RebCar cottage industry in the making! Pitlane interviews come right after a visit to the RebCar Shrink Trailer. Sounds like Kurt was ambusched on his way TO the trailer. Bad move Jamie. You must setup the interview in the roped-off area outSIDE the Shrink Trailer!:thumbup:

Fio1
12-05-11, 02:46 PM
Obviously that wasn't an isolated incident. That was probably melt-down number 10,000 in his 6 seasons at Penske. Just the fact that it went viral made Pennzoil/Shell crazy and they probably gave Penske an ultimatum. The guy needs help; watch him take a year off to sort himself out and come back with his own team.

Andrew Longman
12-05-11, 03:16 PM
...watch him take a year off to sort himself out and come back with his own team.There are some sponsors that have no issue with the publicity, good and bad, he creates. Just not button down corporate types like Shell and Pennzoil. Say, a bullcrap energy drink or Rachel's Potato Chip type.

And if he is willing to take a pay cut there are plenty of lesser teams who wouldn't mind having him -- so long as he doesn't tear up too much stuff -- because he can really drive.

But he probably would be better off working for himself or anyone else who can't fire him.

Ripped
12-05-11, 03:19 PM
The Bush brother's parents must be really proud of their kids right now. :(:(

SteveH
12-05-11, 03:21 PM
Obviously that wasn't an isolated incident. That was probably melt-down number 10,000 in his 6 seasons at Penske.

Exactly. How many happened that were never caught by a video camera or a tape recorder? I'm sure he wore out his welcome long ago, this just provided very public proof.

Rocketdoc
12-05-11, 07:14 PM
Dang. :eek: I knew Penske was powerful, but to fire a driver from the Joe Gibbs team only underscores just how powerful.

:gomer:

:D

I'm sorry, it just shows how much I know of NASCAR and it's drivers.

JohnHKart
12-05-11, 09:37 PM
That'll do it most every time -- especially at Penske. He simply does not piss off his business friends. And anywhere in the Penske empire not cleaning off your desk at the end of the day can get you fired. Not being buttoned down or doing anything that isn't about success is seriously frowned upon.

g.

True. A friend went to his son's Chevy store in Cerritos for an interview and said the employees all looked they had guns pointed to their heads. Strict for sure.

JohnHKart
12-05-11, 09:42 PM
The Bush brother's parents must be really proud of their kids right now. :(:(

I texted a friend today I think these boys must have been either physically or verbally abused when kids by their dad or both parents . ( Yelled at daily , beaten up , etc...) It's either that or they were just born with their mental illnesses and it's not environmental . They are sure f d up whatever the reasons.

SteveH
12-05-11, 10:42 PM
Or they grew up in Las Vegas.

Indy
12-06-11, 01:49 AM
True. A friend went to his son's Chevy store in Cerritos for an interview and said the employees all looked they had guns pointed to their heads. Strict for sure.

I know people that work for Penske. His standards are high, but he is also generous and treats his employees like family. I'll never understand why he had to abandon CART, but I cannot say a bad thing about his organization.

JohnHKart
12-06-11, 01:59 AM
Found some amusing stuff last night before I went to sleep, warning, not work friendly:

Kurt Busch's greatest Shi...uh hits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsI6LMLyMdI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfmBVFC63zE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIzHmPL2NK0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHrRMkMT9jk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg

And,wish I could find the tape of him at Martinsville, 2009 calling Roger "dude" and Roger telling him he's the boss... It was on Speed tonight along with lots of Busch in car nuttyness, him going off on Roger, that's a classic!

TKGAngel
12-06-11, 12:40 PM
So this year Kurt's gotten fired, divorced and started dating a new lady. One out of three isn't bad, I suppose.

I am amazed they took this long to fire him.

According to what I've read, the "mutual separation" was decided after the season ended, but not announced until now out of respect for Tony & the Champions Week shenanigans in Vegas.

Rogue Leader
12-06-11, 01:28 PM

Regan will/would be a good replacement.

Ironic in a way that Kurt is getting counseling to help with his "demeanor" in a year when bad boy Tony Stewart wins the title. Not too long ago Tony was getting counseling.

I'm not sure some other team owners would have been so quick to fire him, but as you said this is Roger Penske. Busch is great but not the GOAT or anything, and there is a line of guys just as good as him who would be more than happy to be in that seat, and Roger knows it.

The difference between Penske and most other teams is that others are excited to land a good driver, OTOH Penske (like Ferrari or McLaren) has his pick of all drivers who would eat **** just to drive for him.

JohnHKart
12-06-11, 10:15 PM
I know people that work for Penske. His standards are high, but he is also generous and treats his employees like family. I'll never understand why he had to abandon CART, but I cannot say a bad thing about his organization.

Cool and to be fair that's his son's store that sounds not too fun , not one of Roger's.

High Sided
02-12-12, 07:49 PM
Busch boys are real monsters....
0nVW12ZfAhA

NismoZ
02-13-12, 12:07 AM
Oh boy.:rolleyes:

NismoZ
02-19-12, 02:18 PM
Yes, Kyle AGAIN! In the winner's circle! "The pack is back" and "How many times do I have to be dumped before I become a fan favorite?" "Haters are motivators!" Good interview. Can't deny he is good for NASCAB...and one heck of a driver. About that new, improved and supersized "pack "It wasn't just 4&5 cars, it was 4 & 5 ROWS, some 3-wide, pushin' and shovin' and bangin'...it was GREAT!" Give the carnage the people want, I guess?:shakehead

nissan gtp
02-19-12, 03:25 PM
how many cars were dun recked out by the end ? Half ?? A these are the "good drivers". Wait till Danicle and the rest arrive.

Pack crashing.

NismoZ
02-19-12, 06:47 PM
Heck, yeah. Don't you listen to the TV teasers? "The world's BEST drivers!"