PDA

View Full Version : Changes announced at Barcelona

cameraman
05-20-11, 03:10 PM
The DRS gets changed starting in Montreal. One detection zone controls two corners. Detection zone after turn 10 allowing use on the final straight and the main straight. Same idea at Valencia after that. Not this week because there are not two straights close enough to allow it and not a Monaco because there aren't two straights.:rolleyes:

Ferrari's changed their rear wing and Charlie Whiting is pondering the prospect. "We are aware of the developments on the Ferrari wing and we are discussing them. It's a very clever interpretation of the rules and we have got to decide whether it's a good interpretation of the rules. It will be clearer tomorrow."

I'm not quite sure what they changed but it has something to do with slot gap separators. Of course I really don't know what a slot gap separator is so.... Ah a picture here http://yfrog.com/h03ttfjj

And the hard tires are several seconds a lap slower than the softs.

Alonso - It would be better if I did not say what I thought about them
Hamilton - The super hard is a disaster, that wasn’t nice to drive. A two second difference, and they don’t last longer.
Webber - Also the degradation, so we do similar lap times to GP2 on the long runs. This is how it is, the same for everybody.

TrueBrit
05-20-11, 04:01 PM
The moveable wing thingy is such a bloody stupid idea...either let the drivers use it everywhere, or don't have the bloodty thing at all...On the tyre front I wish they would take it back to the good old days when a visit to the pits basically meant the end of your race...this Max Mosely/Bernie Ecclestone forced-entertainment crap has ruined what used to be my favourite class of motor racing in the world...

Of course none of this will matter as Vettel wins this one in a walk as well so I'll just walk the dog and take the wife shopping...

Bah humbug...:yuck:

cameraman
05-20-11, 05:20 PM
Another bit of DRS news for you flappy wing fans out there.

Its use has been banned during practice & qualification in the tunnel at Monaco and at Eau Rouge. The general consensus being that somebody would get killed.

chop456
05-21-11, 01:45 PM
Rubens was right. :thumbup:

Insomniac
05-21-11, 08:40 PM
The DRS gets changed starting in Montreal. One detection zone controls two corners. Detection zone after turn 10 allowing use on the final straight and the main straight. Same idea at Valencia after that. Not this week because there are not two straights close enough to allow it and not a Monaco because there aren't two straights.:rolleyes:

I think I get the reasoning, but seems like it will be nuts for Montreal. The thing in between the 2 zones is a chicane. Do people dare to try and start a pass before it, or do they just get right under their wing?

cameraman
05-21-11, 10:56 PM
Whatever works I suppose.