PDA

View Full Version : Hot Lapping VIR in a '04 Odyssey

Trevor Longman
05-19-11, 04:36 PM
So my dad and I made the trek down to southern virginia and VIR last weekend to watch the Grand Am race. Actually it wasn't bad race and the Continental Tire Series is a lot of fun to watch with their massive grids and Indy Lights caliber drivers. :laugh: But on sunday after all the Grand Am trucks had left and all that was left to race was a few support series, the track gave the fans an opportunity to donate $10 to Ronald Mcdonald House charities and take a few laps around the track in whatever you brought. In my case, this was my mom's 2004 Honda Odyssey. :D Well I wasn't about to pass up this opportunity so I payed up and gave my dad the camera to film it all. I have to say though, all the camping equipment in the back didn't help the handling too much. :laugh: By the end of the 3rd lap though the brakes were getting so warped that it was getting pretty unnerving. The first lap is very paced just to give everyone an idea of the track but skip to 5:00 to see me start to open it up. For the record my fastest lap ended up at a 3:36.

Q9VIUYS5Idw

trish
05-19-11, 05:08 PM
It sounds like you guys were having fun. Love the video.

Elmo T
05-19-11, 05:29 PM
Sweet :thumbup:

nissan gtp
05-19-11, 05:33 PM
do they still have the pace car with the "NOPASSN" license plate ? :D

Winston Wolfe
05-20-11, 10:15 PM
looks like you guys had a chance to have some fun !:thumbup:

at 10:19 I love how you used the curbing to max out the speed in the corner in the '04 Odyssey....:cool:

I had a similar situation at a VARA event at Cali Speedway a few years ago.
For a $20 donation, you got 3 laps of Lead-follow on the infield road course.
But you get back on the track at exit of four, and enter the infield portion again after T2.... we spread out just like you guys did and everyone got to have more than a "little fund" for their $20 !
I had my e30 M3 that day, and the guy behind me was in an E55 M-B.
He ate me up on straights, but I got him back in the twisties.

Great fun, glad you both had a chance to have a good times for $10 ~ :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
05-20-11, 10:27 PM
His mother wanted to know if we had thought about what would happen if we rolled the van and the insurance wouldn't cover it because we were "racing"

I said no. We only figured he'd wind up missing school on Monday.:D

nrc
05-20-11, 11:04 PM
His mother wanted to know if we had thought about what would happen if we rolled the van and the insurance wouldn't cover it because we were "racing"

I said no. We only figured he'd wind up missing school on Monday.:D

It's a Honda Odyssey. Balling it up would save you the cost of replacing the transmission. :gomer:

Looked like great fun.

Elmo T
05-21-11, 03:25 PM
It's a Honda Odyssey. Balling it up would save you the cost of replacing the transmission. :gomer:

:thumbup::shakehead:rofl: