PDA

View Full Version : Sir Frank: "Ralf's a Puss"

chop456
06-17-03, 06:45 AM
O.k, so it's not an exact quote. :D

What are the odds of a very expensive, occasionally fast guy with no ba*** getting his contract renewed? Not good, I'd say, especially coming on the heels of Willi's shopping around as of late.

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030617091540.shtml

Ralf banks on points for team…
…Williams wanted the victory [17/06/03 - 09:13]

Although Ralf Schumacher finished second in Sunday’s Canadian Grand Prix, bringing home eight valuable points for Williams, team boss Frank Williams is less than happy with the verdict.

According to Reuters, Williams didn’t think that Schumacher made a conscious effort to pass his brother, Michael, for the lead. Instead he believes that Juan-Pablo Montoya would have been their main chance of victory.

"I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go," he said. "But I'm not so sure that he could have got close enough to have a go."

However, Schumacher believes he did a good job on Sunday and having finished just 0.7 behind Michael, he insists that it was more vital to bring home points for the team than risk it all on attempting to overtake the Ferrari which, he says, he was never close enough to do.

“Well, I was never close to even try, that’s why I didn’t [attempt to pass],” he said. “Maybe some might think again that I took it too easy but if there is no possibility I won’t try it. There’s eight points for the team and for me and for Juan as well so it was important for us to score points at the same time.

It isn’t the first time R. Schumacher has been criticised for not racing against Michael. Similar circumstances ensued in Brazil following last year’s race, but again, he claimed he wasn’t close enough to make an attempt at overtaking.

R. Schumacher is currently fourth in the Drivers’ Championship with 33 points; one behind Fernando Alonso and 15 behind the Ferrari of Michael Schumacher.

RTKar
06-17-03, 06:51 AM
Reading this and considering what occured at Indy last year, I'm developing a sour taste at how MS appears to feel he can toy with the most basic tenet of motorsprorts.

RaceChic
06-17-03, 07:21 AM
Jacques Villeneuve at Williams! :thumbup:
Then the guy will have a fighting chance again. Now that's a guy that will try to pass Michael Schumacher at all costs. :D

pchall
06-29-03, 12:23 PM
Sir Frank's opinion can only be reinforced by the move that his other driver put on the other Schumacher this morning. No just cruising for constructor's points there.

Dr. Corkski
06-29-03, 02:23 PM
Montoya-Villeneuve will happen only if Frank Williams gets rid of the best driver on his team. :laugh:

Ankf00
06-29-03, 03:19 PM
you mean the guy who can only finish well if racing w/o traffic and starting at the head of the grid? ohhh yeaaaa....

Dr. Corkski
06-29-03, 06:03 PM
Yeah the guy that has more wins that Juan "You broke my *#%^ing head and I thrown away more wins than I have won" monTOYa. ;)

Ankf00
06-29-03, 07:12 PM
ah right, the guy who just knows how to drive and not race ;)

and how many mech DNF's have erased inigo wins? 2? 3?

Hink
06-29-03, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Yeah the guy that has more wins that Juan "You broke my *#%^ing head and I thrown away more wins than I have won" monTOYa. ;)

That "You broke my head" vid clip is hilarious.

oddlycalm
07-01-03, 11:57 AM
Both drivers at Williams are doing pretty well at the moment IMO. Sir Frank's comments aside, Ralph is driving better than he has in some time, and there is a sense that the team has found it's form. Montoya's aggressive move on MS was a classic. If he had forced him up and over the curb it would have been debatable, but he left him exactly enough room with not an inch to spare.

Williams is a bit of a surprise at this point to me. I bow to those that predicted that they would get the chassis and their relationship with BMW into shape by July. Both predictions have been realized precisely on time...:thumbup: With BMW having an expanded technical role, I suspect we will be seeing more of this.

I've never been a Ralph fan, but I have to say that he has not thrown away his opportunities, and has driven very consistently. Having opposites like he and Montoya could develop into a strong combination. Montoya is pushing Ralph, which he needs.

I don't see JV at Williams. I would say McClaren maybe if Coulthard doesn't find his pace, however even that would be surprising. JV has the driving chops, and has always been a favorite of mone, but is a bit of a one man band, and he has not proven that he has the maturity to integrate well into a team. He's not the kind of guy that I see either Ferrari or McClaren hiring in the future.

oc

cartmanoz
07-02-03, 01:21 AM
Ralf may have won on Sunday but he's still a putz.

Really, all this negative criticism has fed Ralf's recent run of good form - two pole positions, a second and a win in the past three races is pretty bloody good considering a month ago everyone was calling for his head on a stick!

RacinM3
07-02-03, 12:34 PM
I won't have any respect for Ralfie until he put's a move on The Chin like Montoya did last week. When he does that, he's for real.

Honestly, Brian Herta gets no respect because the only two races he won were runaways with no real challenge. How is Ralfie any different?

Ralf's a driver, not a racer.