PDA

View Full Version : Simona crash

devilmaster
05-19-11, 01:31 PM
18pFE6cRHYw

she got airborne....

she also got out of the car on her own power...

chop456
05-19-11, 01:34 PM
Backwards into the wall AND airborne. That's the earl perfecta.

Nothing to see here if you're a mouth-breathing gomer-in-denial.

If 10 drivers were killed, they'd still be too effing stupid to do anything about it. Can't wait for the eventual massive lawsuit that finally shuts the morons down.

Halfwits.

TKGAngel
05-19-11, 01:37 PM
The AP is reporting that she has 2nd degree burns on one hand and superficial burns on the other.

devilmaster
05-19-11, 01:37 PM
That car -never- should have gotten airborne the 2nd time. It looks like her head almost scraped the top of the safer wall....

The new car better fix that, and they better get it in here quick...

:shakeshead:

and we better somehow hide this thread from oow, he'll blow a gasket...

cameraman
05-19-11, 01:51 PM
Looks like the suspension failed starting the whole thing off. And the fuel cell failed or was that just burning oil or both?:shakehead

Don Quixote
05-19-11, 01:54 PM
**** she was lucky to survive that. Damn cars are still like airplane wings. Shut it down for God's sake. :mad: :flame:

High Sided
05-19-11, 01:58 PM
Looks like the suspension failed starting the whole thing off. And the fuel cell failed or was that just burning oil or both?:shakehead

i believe thats fluid spewing out of the car that got it to crash then caught fire. oil line maybe?

Gnam
05-19-11, 02:02 PM
Glad she is relatively unharmed.

Too disgusted to think clearly. :mad::yuck:

Elmo T
05-19-11, 02:17 PM

That was my thought - looked like something broken then it started spewing fluid.

And how on earth did it float the second time? A few more feet up and it was into the grater. :mad:

cameraman
05-19-11, 02:22 PM
It was into the grater, that is what tore off the nose. Luckily the car was slowed enough that it didn't remove her feet too. The track was shut down for a while for grater repairs.:flame:

Racing Truth
05-19-11, 02:24 PM
That car -never- should have gotten airborne the 2nd time. It looks like her head almost scraped the top of the safer wall....

The new car better fix that, and they better get it in here quick...

:shakeshead:

Yep. I can KINDA live w/ the first flip. Not the second, though. Absolutely right, new car MUST fix ths.

devilmaster
05-19-11, 02:25 PM
Best part for guys like Elmo and Don Quixote...

From mike herman on facebook..

worst part is IMS cut the video because first rescue that showed up
had NO fire bottles, and the ones that did could not get them engaged.
they stood there, staring at her car burning for almost 20-30 seconds before another truck showed up...

Racing Truth
05-19-11, 02:27 PM
Best part for guys like Elmo and Don Quixote...

From mike herman on facebook..

It's like Texas NEVER HAPPENED>:shakehead:mad:

devilmaster
05-19-11, 02:29 PM
Yep. I can KINDA live w/ the first flip. Not the second, though. Absolutely right, new car MUST fix ths.

Yeah, even in the cart years there were incidents of takeoff.. (not like this however..) and I accept that at that speed energy will find any way to dissipate, even if it means up.... Legge's crash at RA could be taken as an oval style crash and her car went up.

But I do not accept that after the first hit, that car slid down the short chute and then took off after scrubbing off so much g** d*** speed. Un-bleeping-acceptable.

devilmaster
05-19-11, 02:31 PM
KpFwBbJoQFM

Racing Truth
05-19-11, 02:32 PM
Yeah, even in the cart years there were incidents of takeoff.. (not like this however..) and I accept that at that speed energy will find any way to dissipate, even if it means up.... Legge's crash at RA could be taken as an oval style crash and her car went up.

But I do not accept that after the first hit, that car slid down the stretch and then took off after scrubbing off so much g** d*** speed. Un-bleeping-acceptable.

Exactly.:thumbup: I don't care how "compromised' it was after the first hit; it should be built well-enough to do a minimum after first contact. And at that reduced speed?

Elmo T
05-19-11, 02:38 PM
It was into the grater, that is what tore off the nose.

I thought it was close but that she missed. I only watched once and wasn't up for another view. :yuck:

Sounds like another unacceptable response from the safety folks. Heads should be rolling at this point.

ANY experienced firefighter or medic on one of these safety trucks can work a fire extinguisher. Who the hell is staffing the safety trucks at this point? Jeebus - it is FIRE! Enemy number one of the safety teams and drivers - and they can't even work the extinguishers. :shakehead:flame:

Interesting that in both videos there is a lack of video on the safety team initial response.

devilmaster
05-19-11, 02:52 PM
Interesting that in both videos there is a lack of video on the safety team initial response.

I fully trust mike herman (racermike), but i am looking for a video for confirmation....

Chief
05-19-11, 02:52 PM
http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BG&Date=20110519&Category=SPORTS0107&ArtNo=110519006&Ref=AR&MaxW=600&Border=0

I saw the uncut video....she was burning for a good ten seconds while safety crew (two of them) stood there non-chalantly picking their noses. 10 seconds pass and two stooges show up and get the flames out, only after several seconds. That was no oil fire, that was ethanol.

IMS deliberately edited out the flambe sequence. They suck.:mad:

Elmo T
05-19-11, 02:59 PM
I fully trust mike herman (racermike), but i am looking for a video for confirmation....

I am on your side DM - more Baghdad Bob propaganda. :thumdown:

IMS a$$hat$ all around. :shakehead

High Sided
05-19-11, 03:10 PM
i read it so it must be true :saywhat:

The Holmatro Safety Team was on the scene within seconds to douse the flames.
http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/42914-de-silvestro-receives-treatment-for-burns/

cameraman
05-19-11, 03:17 PM
"within seconds":shakehead It would be nice if they put the unedited video back up so we could count those seconds:flame:

devilmaster
05-19-11, 03:23 PM

I'm more believing of the CDC's zombie apocalypse than this.... ;)

Chief
05-19-11, 03:41 PM
http://photos.indystar.com/photos/2011/5/19/482780/inline.jpg

http://photos.indystar.com/photos/2011/5/19/482779/inline.jpg

Elmo T
05-19-11, 03:44 PM
^^^
:yuck: :shakehead

Chief
05-19-11, 03:45 PM
http://photos.indystar.com/photos/2011/5/19/482785/inline.jpg

Gnam
05-19-11, 03:46 PM
Those photos make me ill. :eek:

upside down, nose first into the grater.
How long before this makes their highlight reel. :tony:

cameraman
05-19-11, 03:49 PM
http://photos.indystar.com/photos/2011/5/19/482779/inline.jpg

Is there enough rust in that shot? That grater is more oxide than steel.

Racing Truth
05-19-11, 03:54 PM
BTW: I'm actually OK with them cutting feed DURING the event itself. If she were clearly dead/dying or just hurt, you wouldn't want to be showing it all live, IMHO.

But, now that she's basically OK, we need the unedited film.

Chief
05-19-11, 03:58 PM
When you consciously say to yourself "hey, how long they gonna let her burn?", you know it was too long. A cell phone video will surface....it has to because it was a travesty, again.

TravelGal
05-19-11, 04:00 PM

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/42914-de-silvestro-receives-treatment-for-burns/

It's all in exactly how you phrase it. They were there within seconds and they were there to douse the flames. DID THEY? Noooooooooooooo, but that's what they were there for. This makes my blood boil.

Don Quixote
05-19-11, 04:12 PM
IMS involved in a coverup? Their safety team once again screwed the pooch? Say it ain't so. Fans and non-fans alike should be outraged at this. Look at all those freaking goobers. :shakehead :flame:

G.
05-19-11, 05:40 PM

It's all in exactly how you phrase it. They were there within seconds and they were there to douse the flames. DID THEY? Noooooooooooooo, but that's what they were there for. This makes my blood boil.

How many seconds?

33 is just a number...

opinionated ow
05-19-11, 06:59 PM
How the **** does a side impact cause the car to get airborne like that? I can think of no logical explanation apart from terrible aerodynamics on that crapwagon. I'm just glad it didn't go all Ryan Briscoe on her but the pathetic effort from the safety team speaks volumes of the many less than superficial problems that exist with the whole Indy Racing League. FIRL FTG :mad::flame::mad::flame::shakehead:cry:

devilmaster
05-19-11, 07:24 PM

Oops. :gomer: ;)

cameraman
05-19-11, 08:03 PM
"It was pretty violent," Wiggins continued. "The roll hoop was ripped off..."

What kind of chassis spec allows that?

devilmaster
05-19-11, 08:11 PM
What kind of chassis spec allows that?

wow. I wondered about that. Cause it honestly looked like the top corner of the safer barrier scraped around the cockpit... No doubt that it was ripped off by the top of the safer.

Don Quixote
05-19-11, 08:32 PM
Still waiting for the full video and the time it took the "safety" crew to douse the flames. :flame:

Kiwifan
05-19-11, 09:11 PM
To think we had the best in the business. I used to walk the track at Surfers thanking as many of the guys as I could. They were top blokes. :thumbup:

Chief
05-19-11, 09:34 PM
wow. I wondered about that. Cause it honestly looked like the top corner of the safer barrier scraped around the cockpit... No doubt that it was ripped off by the top of the safer.
Structural failure of roll hoop....guess whats next to it? Yup, the fuel buckeye...and it was sheared too.

Indy
05-19-11, 09:47 PM
Thanks, Tony George, you ****ing criminal bastard idiot. You fixed it alright.

opinionated ow
05-19-11, 10:03 PM
and we better somehow hide this threafrom oow, he'll blow a gasket...
Too late. F***ing crapwagons.

P.s. I laughed at that
P.p.s. I'd be this protective of Katherine too ;)

Methanolandbrats
05-19-11, 10:14 PM
The cars are worn out *****oxes. Might as well use tape, pop riveits and JC Whitney crap to bolt them together. Low tech hillbilly tech mechanic procedures work grate when driving at a concrete wall at 220 mph. That's on top of the fact that the car is an ill-designed POS. Any yaw at all and the downforce goes away and they fly like a frisbee tossed by a drunken frat rat. These *******s have had a decade to fix this ********, but the thumb in assery of all involved trumps all. I used to have sympathy for the drivers, but now.......****, she almost burned to death twice, she almost had her feet and head ripped off today and she's still thumbs up. We ain't hit bottom yet. :(

devilmaster
05-19-11, 10:57 PM
Structural failure of roll hoop....guess whats next to it? Yup, the fuel buckeye...and it was sheared too.

Still, a few inches the other way and it would have been her head...

devilmaster
05-19-11, 10:58 PM
P.p.s. I'd be this protective of Katherine too ;)

Stop hogging them all, mate..... :p ;)

opinionated ow
05-19-11, 11:43 PM
Stop hogging them all, mate..... :p ;)

Alright then, i'll stick with the young one so I don't turn the older into a cougar ;)

miatanut
05-19-11, 11:58 PM
The cars are worn out *****oxes. Might as well use tape, pop riveits and JC Whitney crap to bolt them together. Low tech hillbilly tech mechanic procedures work grate when driving at a concrete wall at 220 mph. That's on top of the fact that the car is an ill-designed POS. Any yaw at all and the downforce goes away and they fly like a frisbee tossed by a drunken frat rat. These *******s have had a decade to fix this ********, but the thumb in assery of all involved trumps all. I used to have sympathy for the drivers, but now.......****, she almost burned to death twice, she almost had her feet and head ripped off today and she's still thumbs up. We ain't hit bottom yet. :(

The Hulman/George clan is a bunch of ghouls in my opinion, which is why '91 was the last Indy I watched, but if I put my personal baggage aside...

Sports prototypes fly when they get some yaw in them, so that's not necessarily a crapwagon defect. This isn't the first roll hoop I've heard of tearing off a race car.

The part I can't deal with is leaving a driver in a burning, upside down car for more than a quarter of a minute. There is no excuse for that on a 2 1/2 mile oval, particularly when it's the greatest raceway in history, during practice for the greatest race in the world, etc., etc.

No doubt they will use that crash in marketing at some point. But, hey, the driver walked away, so it's all good, right? :flame:

chop456
05-20-11, 01:34 AM
that's not necessarily a crapwagon defect.

How about when it happens again and again and again and again and again and again and...?

extramundane
05-20-11, 08:24 AM
You people are all overreacting. I read at, um, another forum this morning that because she walked away, there's no problem and we should all just calm down.

Also, apparently it's a good thing she hit the fence because that's softer than the walls. :shakehead

Corner5
05-20-11, 08:58 AM
KpFwBbJoQFM

Awful, makes you jump out of your seat.

It makes me ill and angry.

Now it will be a happy highlight reel for IMS. disgusting.:thumdown:

Ziggy
05-20-11, 09:05 AM
I don't believe that the very first "moment" should have been enough to allow for the car to jump off the ground.

In years of going to the Speedway, and seeing guys "lose it", do I remember a car flying. Pancho Carter comes to mind, but that's about it.......

This car has been a joke since day one. It is down to nothing but luck that there have not been more devistating injuries. Im sure that Renna's accident started much like this one......

and the quality of teams running out there..... with old parts...... with parts that are not documented........ with piles of old junk floating around...... and small budgets........ and back ally sales.........

but what the hell. Didn't see anyone sticking a gun to her head making her get in the damn thing. Racing is dangerous.

Racing in the IRL is stupid!:rofl:

dando
05-20-11, 09:22 AM
My boss had the video on as we chatted about practice and quals this weekend, and I had just mentioned that it was good that no one had a major incident yet. W/in minutes this happened. :saywhat: I saw the wadded up car and the initial response, but that was pretty much it for the live feed. It took Boob Jenkins a few minutes to acknowledge the incident and who the driver was despite the fact that the car tracker clearly showed which car was wrecked. :shakehead :irked: I had no idea that this was a Conway/Legge type wreck. :eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

NismoZ
05-20-11, 10:07 AM
Thank GOD I came in on this late! To see the thread title, 3 pages and 51 posts...I'm serious, I felt sick! I have to echo so many of the observations here but none more than the failure(s) of the "safety" crew. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing in the deleted video from dm? Proof of incompetence? Later, off to get an EKG now.

Chief
05-20-11, 10:50 AM
Ziggy, the only two I can remember is Jim Crawford after he sheared off 3 corners compounded by asphalt to grass transition and Mears in T2. Even Stan Fox came back down.

Nizmo....they cut out the burning car/extinguishing part that appeared to take FOREVER. First arrivers brought no fire extinguishers and stood watching for several seconds while other fumbled to get their extinguishers out. Flames were apparent immediately after the crash, visible to everyone especially TV monitors.

TKGAngel
05-20-11, 11:28 AM
So Mediapost wrote about Honda's new marketing campaign to support the 500. Take a look at the tagline in the print ads pictured (http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=150817). It's incredibly bad timing in light of Simona's crash yesterday and the league's past history of flips & flames.

Discuss. Or disgust. Both would work here.

High Sided
05-20-11, 11:57 AM
Simona has to wait until tomorrow to see if she can qualify.
she was not cleared to drive today. :(

Gnam
05-20-11, 12:07 PM
Hopefully in the age of texting & twitter, we won't have to endure the drip, drip, drip of IRL medical updates.

Driver is fine and walked away clean.
Driver has some bumps and bruises.
Driver has a fracture.
Driver out 6-8 months.
Driver is dead.

Racing Truth
05-20-11, 01:09 PM
The Hulman/George clan is a bunch of ghouls in my opinion, which is why '91 was the last Indy I watched, but if I put my personal baggage aside...

Sports prototypes fly when they get some yaw in them, so that's not necessarily a crapwagon defect. This isn't the first roll hoop I've heard of tearing off a race car.

The part I can't deal with is leaving a driver in a burning, upside down car for more than a quarter of a minute. There is no excuse for that on a 2 1/2 mile oval, particularly when it's the greatest raceway in history, during practice for the greatest race in the world, etc., etc.

No doubt they will use that crash in marketing at some point. But, hey, the driver walked away, so it's all good, right? :flame:

Pretty much. I don't like the 2nd flip either, but I'd point out that, once it did flip, the safety cell worked quite well. Roll hoop sheared off? Eh, when it gets into a fence like that, stuff happens. Should it? Maybe not, but once it does flip, well, who knows. The problem is the flip itself.

Beyond that, had the safety crew done it's job, she's basically unhurt or minor burns. But they didn't, again.:mad:

Broadly, I blame two men indirectly for this: Barnhart and TG. They both dithered over the new car for yrs. Bernard comes in and that rightly becomes priority #1.:thumbup:

Much as I wish otherwise, there's nothing to be done for this yr. My concern is making sure they get it right for '12. That's my focus.

G.
05-20-11, 01:10 PM
Hopefully in the age of texting & twitter, we won't have to endure the drip, drip, drip of IRL medical updates.

Driver is fine and walked away clean.
Driver has some bumps and bruises.
Driver has a fracture.
Driver out 6-8 months.
Driver is dead.
Driver has been Raptured.
Driver is a zombie and appears hungry.

Chief
05-20-11, 01:12 PM
Good luck with that...this IS the gang that couldn't shoot straight ya know.

Racing Truth
05-20-11, 01:13 PM
You people are all overreacting. I read at, um, another forum this morning that because she walked away, there's no problem and we should all just calm down.

Also, apparently it's a good thing she hit the fence because that's softer than the walls. :shakehead

Heh. Yeah, I was one of the folks arguing otherwise. To no avail with him, though.:shakehead

Elmo T
05-20-11, 02:32 PM
No concept of safety or prevention by the dude on "the other forum" OR the IRL for that matter. :rolleyes:

"If it is predictable it is preventable - if it is preventable it is NOT an accident."

Also - what about "near misses"?

A near miss is an unplanned event that did not result in injury, illness, or damage – but had the potential to do so. Only a fortunate break in the chain of events prevented an injury, fatality or damage. Although human error is commonly an initiating event, a faulty process or system invariably permits or compounds the harm, and should be the focus of improvement.

Repeated failures by the IRL to address these issues. :shakehead

TedN
05-20-11, 07:14 PM

http://www.holmatro-usa.com/rescuecontactus

Write to them to express your disgust. I'd be curious of the response, if any is forthcoming.

Ted

devilmaster
05-20-11, 08:50 PM
http://www.holmatro-usa.com/rescuecontactus

Write to them to express your disgust. I'd be curious of the response, if any is forthcoming.

Ted

I already did.

But I doubt i'll get a response to 'Dear Holmatro safety team. Would you please stop trying to flambe and kill Simona De Silvestro? Thanks in advance, Steve.'

High Sided
05-20-11, 11:21 PM
GDOwA6065Tk

NismoZ
05-21-11, 10:50 AM
Seriously, has anyone seen/heard an official response to the safety teams' POOR "incident" response? If you ask me Simona had the accident but the immediate aftermath has created an incident that MUST be addressed!

NismoZ
05-21-11, 10:59 AM
Interesting few comments in that interview, too. She praises Dallara for making such a safe car! Hmmm...AFTER it touches down, I assume? And "sitting (hanging?) in a burning car that long is kinda tough." THAT LONG should never have happened!

RTKar
05-21-11, 01:49 PM
Looks like whiny's team misses Kanaan setting up their cars, especially princes sparkle pony.

Racing Truth
05-21-11, 02:40 PM
Looks like whiny's team misses Kanaan setting up their cars, especially princes sparkle pony.

H=ll, Princess is likely the QUICKEST of the bunch. They're utterly lost, right now.:cool:

Good on Simona for calling the safety team out.:thumbup:

Racing Truth
05-21-11, 02:50 PM
BTW: She's outqualified Briscoe, Princess, etc in an EIGHT-YR. old car.

Balls.:cool::cool::thumbup::thumbup:

Racing Truth
05-21-11, 03:22 PM
In the field, right now.

High Sided
05-21-11, 03:22 PM
22nd:thumbup:

224.898 1st lap; 224.355 2nd lap; 224.276 3rd; 224.042 4th; 224.392 ave

Racing Truth
05-21-11, 03:30 PM
Gonna be tight. I THINK she gets bumped today, but she'll have a shot tomorrow.

UPDATE: Yeah, conditions are just too perfect now.

High Sided
05-21-11, 03:37 PM
She's still in it. Better than Briscoe :thumbup:

rain less than 1 mile away, Kimbal waved off, yellow!!! Rain, Simona is in!

Racing Truth
05-21-11, 03:40 PM
She's still in it. Better than Briscoe :thumbup:

rain less than 1 mile away, Kimbal waved off, yellow!!! Rain, Simona is in!

Unbelievable day!:thumbup:

And Tag on pole!

Briscoe out, 4 Andretti cars OUT. Wow.

EDIT: PT OUT, RAHAL OUT too. Yikes.

High Sided
05-21-11, 03:42 PM
total BS that these 2 hrs weren't on TV:shakehead

cameraman
05-21-11, 05:23 PM

Peeps actually watch the horse race:laugh:

Steve99
05-23-11, 03:15 PM

Was any of it on TV? Indy has become a non-event.

NismoZ
05-23-11, 04:05 PM
I have a friend who knows I'm a race nut who asked me "Are they having the Indy 500 this year?" Amazing. That PR machine must be working overtime.

Elmo T
05-23-11, 05:36 PM
Just for OOW...

http://i52.tinypic.com/m0enk.jpg

Fullsize here (http://twitpic.com/51n58z) if you need it.

On topic - it kills me to see anyone with burns like that. :(

Duroc
05-24-11, 11:58 AM
Peeps actually watch the horse race:laugh:

Preakness Ratings (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/24/8-8-million-watch-preakness-race-up-5-from-2010-second-most-in-5-years/93723/)

The race portion of the Preakness (5:56-6:41 p.m. ET) drew 8.8 million viewers, five percent more than last year’s race (8.4 million)

While it is an industry in decline (Pimlico is bankrupt and pari-mutuel is getting clobbered by casinos) horse racing doesn't have the singular vision of one Tony George to really screw it into the turf.

mueber
05-24-11, 12:13 PM
After all the greed, stupidity, and arrogance of the CART/IRL debacle, I adopted the attitude that I don't care to admire anyone involved in auto racing anymore. Simona and her teeny, tiny little team are screwing that up.

TedN
05-25-11, 06:50 AM
Was any of it on TV? Indy has become a non-event.

Here in Canada,TSN2 showed qualifying Saturday 11:00-2:30, and 4:30-6:30. On Sunday, from 4:30-6:30. Can't recall last time we had this much coverage.

Ted

Methanolandbrats
05-25-11, 11:12 PM
Is there a Swiss word for Gomer? Simona is dumber than hell. Almost burned to death twice....check. Had a front row seat for Conway almost getting dismembered.....check. Almost went into the grater TWICE herself in one accident....check. Yet she praises those **** boxes that with any yaw angle take off like frisbees in a hurricane. Do any of these Euro dirt trackers review any tape before they take a seat in those death sleds?

Gnam
05-26-11, 01:40 AM
I can't believe she qualified that car with her hands wrapped in gauze. I admire her grit, but question her dedication to a dead end ride.

All that pain and sacrifice for the IRL? Makes no sense.

opinionated ow
05-26-11, 03:46 AM
Is there a Swiss word for Gomer? Simona is dumber than hell. Almost burned to death twice....check. Had a front row seat for Conway almost getting dismembered.....check. Almost went into the grater TWICE herself in one accident....check. Yet she praises those **** boxes that with any yaw angle take off like frisbees in a hurricane. Do any of these Euro dirt trackers review any tape before they take a seat in those death sleds?

Really? When your being paid to drive a racing car in an internationally recognised series, are you seriously going to turn it down? Do you think Briscoe is an idiot after his gratering with Ganassi? :shakehead:tony:

chop456
05-26-11, 04:06 AM
You having a crush on her doesn't make it an internationally-recognized series. :D

Don Quixote
05-26-11, 08:24 AM
zing!!!!!!!!!! :D

Indy
05-26-11, 10:09 AM
Internationally despised, maybe.

opinionated ow
05-26-11, 10:27 AM
Internationally despised, maybe.

We may not like to admit it, but the series does still have international credibility. The man on the street still knows what an Indycar is...

Cam
05-26-11, 10:44 AM
We may not like to admit it, but the series does still have international credibility. The man on the street still knows what an Indycar is...

Wrong! :irked:

TKGAngel
05-26-11, 10:49 AM

Even those in the auto industry don't know what an Indycar is any more. An automotive trade mag used a picture of a Justin Wilson CHAMP CAR to illustrate it's coverage of the IRL.

NismoZ
05-26-11, 11:42 AM
Hell, doesn't the Indiana state-honoring quarter have a picture of a Champcar on it? THEY don't even know what an Indycar is!:tony: (boy it felt good to find a reason to use the :tony: again!)

Kiwifan
05-26-11, 02:34 PM

Oh please. :rolleyes:

TrueBrit
05-26-11, 02:41 PM

On which street, Sesame??

Elmo T
05-26-11, 03:28 PM
On which street, Sesame??

Why yes - you haven't seen this?

http://i51.tinypic.com/11scf7t.jpg

Don Quixote
05-26-11, 03:47 PM
That is also a champcar.

Elmo T
05-26-11, 03:58 PM
That is also a champcar.

Given the relationship between the size of front and rear wings, looks more like a current F1 car. ;)

I have a few old toddler toy race cars - things like these:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2jbk2oi.jpg

At that time, any race car toy was an "Indycar". The sad part is that toy race cars are almost always NASCAR now. The above is now sold as this - the CoT :rolleyes: That is the reality of folks knowing "Indycar"

http://i56.tinypic.com/2r20nb8.jpg

pchall
05-27-11, 02:19 PM
It is amazing that the IRL still uses a chassis that backs into the wall on a regular basis and then flies into the grater with such frequency. I can't eve must the interest to do the Futility Watch this year.

Simona is a lucky racer. Looks like she came auwfully close to amputating her feet in the fencing.

devilmaster
05-27-11, 02:41 PM
Simona is a lucky racer. Looks like she came auwfully close to amputating her feet in the fencing.

Hell, it looked like her head could have been ripped off from the top edge of the safer wall.