PDA

View Full Version : Scott Speed 2011

swift
05-06-11, 01:51 PM
http://www.racer.com/speed-to-make-indycar-debut/article/202247/

Anteater
05-06-11, 09:19 PM
Lo, how the mighty have fallen (except Speed wasn't that mighty).

manic mechanic
05-07-11, 01:49 AM
I hate to see it come to this because Scott is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Every driver I know in the series is "just about done" with the dull-arah and its raceability.. they all think it's crap, but they have no option in order to make a living driving a race car...

...Come to think of it, he could be perfect for the EARL ver ~>1000 that AOWR has been reduced to:

Red Bull Driver Challenge Winner,
RBR/STR F1 time,
Red Bull NASCAR seat time...

Now a few money races in the "worth more to the series dead than alive" ranks... <mods, censure me if you need to, but we all know the truth.. some are brave enough to speak it, and some are braver still to allow others to do so.>

It does suck for Scott. He deserves better. :shakehead

Just speaking my mind, folks... One more realist who has watched the kid for years.

manic

Ziggy
05-09-11, 12:28 PM
your forgot the Todd Gack :rofl:

Fio1
05-09-11, 02:02 PM
I'd race Earl for 5 years, make a few mil, then enjoy life driving a 917 & 962 at the best tracks in the world at vintage races around the world. Why not?

Ziggy
05-14-11, 07:53 AM
Speed is no bigger of an ******* than many who are currently competing.

An American with a CV worthy of participation getting tossed under the buss to join the ranks of Donnie Beachler and Buddy Rice.

Had Baldy not greased the skids with his '86 win, and Whiner not owned his own freakin' team, Marco and Graham would also feel the wrath of the 16 ply donut.

Racing Truth
05-20-11, 06:14 PM
Or not. He just QUIT!:eek::eek:

EDIT: Apparntly, they kissed and made up, according to SPEED.

High Sided
05-22-11, 09:20 AM
Speed is toast.
Patrick Carpentier is shaking down the 20 car in morning practice.:thumbup:

9:23am 220.3

supposedly patrick is helping scott

Carpentier destroys the 20 car in turn 1 in the final 10 minutes of practice.

Ed_Severson
05-22-11, 10:06 AM
Seems like Jay Penske can't catch a break. How sad.

I am a little disappointed that Tung will not make the race -- was kinda looking forward to seeing how he'd handle an oval.

TKGAngel
05-22-11, 12:13 PM
Just announced on Versus that Luczo Dragon racing is done-zo for this month. They tried to work with other teams to find parts & cars, but things didn't pan out.

And just how far in the weeds were they if they needed to call Carp in?

ETA: PT told Jay Penske to call Carp in for help.

Racing Truth
05-22-11, 12:58 PM
Just announced on Versus that Luczo Dragon racing is done-zo for this month. They tried to work with other teams to find parts & cars, but things didn't pan out.

And just how far in the weeds were they if they needed to call Carp in?

ETA: PT told Jay Penske to call Carp in for help.

Just kind of a sad bunch of breaks, really. Tung, for instance, was going to be fairly solidly in, before wrecking it on lap 4. Until then, he'd slowly, but surely been picking up speed.

Scott Speed?:shakehead:shakehead Enough said.

I think it may have been Speed who was in the weeds if Pat can basically equal his speed in a few laps.

I'm thinking Tagliani (former Jesus Forsythe teammate), somewhere in Gasoline Ally, is having a nice chuckle.

Still, Jay Penske was trying to do his best and, I think, the right way. Bad breaks.:(

Racing Truth
05-22-11, 01:36 PM
Hey, you know all the good things I said about Jay Penske? Uh, nevermind.

From PT at TF: "They sent pat out with 15 laps on the tires and tryed to trim it out on old tires , big mistake by the team , you cant do that ..."

:shakehead:gomer: FAIL.

Ed_Severson
05-22-11, 01:49 PM
I don't think Speed was the problem -- Carpentier sticking the thing in the fence is a pretty good indicator that it wasn't driveable regardless of who was sitting in it.

Maybe my sensors need to be recalibrated, but I don't know that there will be many people in pitlane feeling sorry for Jay Penske. Not overly popular, as far as I can tell.

cameraman
11-22-11, 03:34 PM
This lovely little quote about Scott Speed came up in an interview with Gerhard Berger today:eek:

"He was the most stupid driver I have ever seen. He was not talented."

Kind of makes you wonder how he really felt:laugh:

BarillaGirl
11-23-11, 01:04 AM
This lovely little quote about Scott Speed came up in an interview with Gerhard Berger today:eek:

"He was the most stupid driver I have ever seen. He was not talented."

Kind of makes you wonder how he really felt:laugh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: