PDA

View Full Version : Hasta la vista, 2012

Chief
05-03-11, 06:51 PM
Indycar Owners Reject Body Kits for 2012 (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-owners-reject-aero-kits-for-2012/) :thumbup:

Here's some excerpts:

Roger Penske claimed it was not a power play on his part

“If Chevrolet doesn’t want to spend the money on it, then that’s fine but the opportunity should be there if Honda or Lotus wants to do it.’’

“We wanted to be up and running by the Indianapolis 500 in 2013 and I know Roger Penske feels like there’s too much risk for launching a car at Indy. “But that doesn’t hold water with me. You could have one dominant engine just as easily.’’

Cracks re-appearing in Humpty-Dumpty's shell....:laugh:

Gnam
05-03-11, 07:31 PM
All cars should start the year without the aero kits and then the drivers could "buy" parts with championship points. That way it's all fair and stuff.

:tony:

Don Quixote
05-03-11, 08:40 PM
France comes to the rescue, agrees to save the race at the last minute with the cabs. Game over.

NismoZ
05-03-11, 09:39 PM
Good Lord, ready to go by 2013!? Hope they have a series sponsor and a TV deal in place by then. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

EDwardo
05-03-11, 10:39 PM
2013. It's gonna be a breakout year!

:rolleyes:

TravelGal
05-03-11, 11:29 PM
Ya forgot da bess part:

“This isn’t CART, this isn’t an owner’s organization, we don’t make the rules, the sanctioning body makes the rules,’’ said Hull. “The owners should sit in a room and listen to Randy and Tony (Cotman) and get ready for whatever they decide.’’

Who is smokin' what here?

Elmo T
05-04-11, 05:44 AM
“The owners should sit in a room and listen to Randy and Tony (Cotman) and get ready for whatever they decide.’’

That was my favorite. :saywhat:

The acronym BOHICA comes to mind.