PDA

View Full Version : How to destroy a Porsche

cameraman
05-02-11, 12:05 PM
This guy did a comprehensive job and walked away...

ZJTApioaUdU

devilmaster
05-02-11, 01:10 PM
ugh. just kinda a wierd setup there how one car spun and punted the front of the other straight into the wall....

good to see he walked away fine...

NismoZ
05-02-11, 05:54 PM
Geez, shades of Joey Hand!

opinionated ow
05-02-11, 07:21 PM
Marco Mapelli...nice guy and not a half bad driver. Did a couple of seasons of Formula 3 out here. Glad he walked away

Indy
05-02-11, 08:50 PM
How many drivers do you suppose the HANS has saved now?

devilmaster
05-02-11, 08:59 PM
Geez, shades of Joey Hand!

are you talking about the dukes of hazzard jump? This seemed more like kubica's canada crash...

a number we'll never know... but they should be in every motorsports hall of fame....

Tifosi24
05-02-11, 09:41 PM
I was looking through some other clips that were embedded in the link, and it would appear that the new Imola layout, which I didn't even know they did, needs some work from a safety standpoint. Given the right hand kink, I am not sure why there is a tirewall or other softwall technology on the exit of the corner, especially since if you are forced off it is going straight into a concrete wall.

Trevor Longman
05-02-11, 10:31 PM
I would agree with that. It's much better from a driving standpoint now but there have been a few very similar crashes. For instance there was one with a guy in an Audi R8 LMS last year that put him in the hospital for a long time. I'm not even sure if he's back or if it ended his career. :shakehead

opinionated ow
05-02-11, 11:19 PM

And yet there are idiots driving sprintcars and midgets in both aus and usa who claim they're dangerous...idiots

NismoZ
05-03-11, 09:12 AM
Dm-true, I was thinking more of the rumblin', bumblin', tumblin' part. Was that "ramp" ever removed/filled in? ( about as smart, and effective, as that wall of dirt that stopped errant cars at the end of the back straight there.MO:shakehead)

cameraman
05-03-11, 12:09 PM
Leave it to the Australians to try and one up that crash with a ball of fire yesterday. Again only minor injuries.

8wUvMKUlFLo

The Fair Dinkum Sheds Racing Team? Seriously?

opinionated ow
05-03-11, 05:46 PM
The Fair Dinkum Sheds Racing Team? Seriously?

Like that's any worse than some of the NASCAR sponsors...

Michaelhatesfans
05-04-11, 01:25 AM
Leave it to the Australians to try and one up that crash with a ball of fire yesterday. Again only minor injuries.

The rear view really tells the story - no brake lights until AFTER the impact.:(

Andrew Longman
05-05-11, 01:54 AM
You really appreciate how fast these cars are going/the energy involved when you see them try to stop.:eek:

Anyone else think fire protection for hands could still be better? The stuff is remarkable and compared to when I was a kid when fire was likely and likely life threatening. And hand have to be hard to design for protection, but when there is a fire, hands seem to still be injury prone.