PDA

View Full Version : IndyCar follies Brazilia style

dando
05-01-11, 01:03 PM
One, they should have never started a wet race in a concrete canyon two-by-two. Then to restart the race two-by-two is the definition of insanity. :shakehead They never should have started this race in the first place. What a joke. :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-01-11, 01:23 PM
The second restart needed more Benny Hill music. :gomer:

Obviously they didn't know the rain would come, but why would you intentionally paint the surface in a critical area of the track? RHR had no grip as he slid through the concrete and headfirst into that tire barrier.

NismoZ
05-01-11, 02:17 PM
But, didn't Scott Goodyear say all that was very exciting... and that the fans really enjoy it.:confused:

cameraman
05-01-11, 09:52 PM
Brian Barnhart at his best:rolleyes:

racer2c
05-01-11, 10:58 PM
Second race in a row I had no idea was on. Oh well. :)

cameraman
05-01-11, 11:10 PM
Start watching cycling races and you won't be able to avoid the Indy ads.:irked:

SurfaceUnits
05-01-11, 11:25 PM
has to be the stupidest bunch of clowns ever given race licenses

TravelGal
05-01-11, 11:26 PM
To Tony Kanan: Your wrist was injured in the wreck, if they get your car going again, can you race?
TK: I drove with a broken wrist, YES I can race.

To Danica: If they get your car going again, can you race?
Sparklepony: I'm 9 laps behind, I'd need 9 cars to DNF with 10 laps to go to get one point. I mean, it's ONE point.

Fio1
05-02-11, 02:16 PM
What's this nonsense about Viso blocking? WTF was that all about? Hey Mario, do you still think Marco could make it in F1? I doubt if he can't get around Viso? Go back to karting and learn something! De Silvestro managed to pass him without getting daddy to complain.....

indyfan31
05-03-11, 11:36 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually sorry I missed it, albeit on purpose. :)

Rogue Leader
05-03-11, 01:42 PM
What's this nonsense about Viso blocking? WTF was that all about? Hey Mario, do you still think Marco could make it in F1? I doubt if he can't get around Viso? Go back to karting and learn something! De Silvestro managed to pass him without getting daddy to complain.....

I think Viso is a complete hack, but I was angry at that call as well. Marco an daddy were just pissed and whining because he got passed and couldn't pass him back. WAAAH.

As for the rest of the race, it was just a joke. Combination of unsafe double file restarts, soaking wet track, and drivers who don't know how to back it down a notch. We also learned what a pile of **** the cars that KV Racing is putting out because Takuma Sato was really cooking out there, yet in a non rain race he has a hard time dealing with mid pack. We all knew Taku was good anyway from his F1 days driving those Honda Hand Grenades.

TravelGal
05-03-11, 11:22 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually sorry I missed it, albeit on purpose. :)

No, you're not.

I think Viso is a complete hack, but I was angry at that call as well. Marco an daddy were just pissed and whining because he got passed and couldn't pass him back. WAAAH.

As for the rest of the race, it was just a joke. Combination of unsafe double file restarts, soaking wet track, and drivers who don't know how to back it down a notch. We also learned what a pile of **** the cars that KV Racing is putting out because Takuma Sato was really cooking out there, yet in a non rain race he has a hard time dealing with mid pack. We all knew Taku was good anyway from his F1 days driving those Honda Hand Grenades.

^^ And with Fio1. I thought they were DISQUALIFYING Viso. I nearly went off my rocker because I wouldn't put it past Mr. Rules On the Fly Blowhard, Barnyard, oh damn, Barnhardt or whatever.

That race, even with fast forward for 2/3 of it, was the greatest abomination I've ever laid eyes on. And that includes Surfers with Whiny on top of Jimmy and Mario dancing for joy at winning. :yuck:

Ed_Severson
05-04-11, 08:28 AM
By rule, Viso was blocking. It's a completely ridiculous rule, but Viso did break it. Just like Helio at Edmonton last year, it was a block according to the rules although neither of them really met the eye test for blocking IMO.

TKGAngel
05-04-11, 08:55 AM
Did anyone else catch Jenkins slip up and mention that there will be two races in Brazil next year? I think he was getting screamed at in his headset because he rapidly added the "all speculation based, of course" to his continuing discussion of these two races.

TravelGal
05-04-11, 10:48 PM
Did anyone else catch Jenkins slip up and mention that there will be two races in Brazil next year? I think he was getting screamed at in his headset because he rapidly added the "all speculation based, of course" to his continuing discussion of these two races.

Tracy also tweeted it. During the deluge. Something like "they're planning two races in Brazil next year. That's a good idea." Cracked me up.

Trevor Longman
05-04-11, 10:59 PM
Autosport also reported it a few days ago with quotes from indycar officials so I don't think its that big a secret.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91034