PDA

View Full Version : Saturday '11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Don Quixote
01-10-12, 11:08 AM
It will be interesting to see the tv ratings for that stinker. I have a feeling they will be down significantly from prior years.

Ankf00
01-10-12, 12:17 PM
LSU was like the 70th something offense in the nation. After bama and LSU, the SEC really only had Arkansas as a legit team. USC went undefeated in the east, but the east had no one this year, including UGa who got rolled by Boise quite handily. Jordan Jefferson :laugh:

SEC had 2 of the best teams in the nation this year, but they had no conference depth to even remotely justify a rematch. But the hype of "6 consecutive natl titles!" will continue even though 'bama squeezed past us and auburn squeezed past oregon, OU shouldn't have even been in the '08 game...

LSU vs. Stanford, Bama vs. OkSt....

Don Quixote
01-10-12, 12:28 PM
Overnights lowest ever. 13.8.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/alabama-lsu_produces_lowest_tv.html

Gnam
01-21-12, 08:15 PM
news reports have Paterno on his death bed from lung cancer.
Hell of a way to go out:

Oct. 29, 2011: Win No. 409 moves Paterno past Eddie Robinson among Division I coaches.

Nov. 9, 2011: Paterno is fired amid child sex abuse charges against his former assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky.

Nov. 18, 2011: Paterno’s son, Scott Paterno, announces in a statement that Joe Paterno has been diagnosed with a treatable form of lung cancer.

Jan. 21, 2012: Paterno is taken off a respirator at a State College, Pa. hospital where he has been receiving treatment. Family members are summoned to the hospital to give their final goodbyes.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-01-21/joe-paterno-timeline#ixzz1k8pe6Fd1

Ankf00
01-26-12, 06:36 PM
Phil Knight can eabod. If JoePa cared so much, how was it that no one even knows the boy's name?

and Longman Suicide Watch is in full alert. Schiano has apparently left Piscataway for Tampa Bay. Sucks for them too, had a good class coming in and some big time NJ 4 & 5 star recruits were still considering RU

Andrew Longman
01-26-12, 08:52 PM
No suicide watch. I have a lot of experience watching RU totally suck.

Schiano had a fairly unique ability to attract NJ talent because of his connections with HS football here. Hard to imagine they will find an equal substitute by next Wed. (their deadline -- signing day).

I also have the satisfaction that IMO Schiano will suck at the pro level. He did a great job of running a great program that attracted players who wanted to better themselves by being part of a great program. That has nothing to do with the pro game.

But the Big East is so messed up I don't puzzle over Schiano's doubts about it.

And given how Paterno's legacy turned out, I think Schiano may rightly be second-guessing patterning his career on him -- as he was said to be doing.

Mostly, as a taxpayer in a broke state I'm saddened that they will never again be able to convince the public that if they just pay for a good coach he will stay. Not.

cameraman
01-26-12, 10:05 PM
Mostly, as a taxpayer in a broke state I'm saddened that they will never again be able to convince the public that if they just pay for a good coach he will stay. Not.

I'm confused. I can't imagine that he is taking a pay cut to go to the NFL.

Insomniac
01-27-12, 03:42 PM
I'm confused. I can't imagine that he is taking a pay cut to go to the NFL.

I read that to mean that they paid him well and he still left. What's the point in paying well if the coaches just leave?

Ankf00
02-15-12, 03:21 PM
drug sting at TCU, FWPD decided someone selling $200 of dirt weed was worthy of a long-term undcover operation & sting :rofl:

17 students and 4 roster players, an AA LB, an all-conf DT, a starting safety, and an o-line backup (I think)

one of the guys arrested said that if the team was drug tested, 60 players would be kicked off. and apparently a recruit told Patterson he wouldn't come to TCU b/c of the drug use, so Patterson tested the team in Feb :rofl:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/texmexgringo/fulmercup-021512b-1.jpg

WickerBill
02-16-12, 04:09 AM
That's an insurmountable lead. Rumor on ESPN today says 80 players failed the surprise test. Out of... 115? Dang, boys.

Ankf00
02-16-12, 04:24 AM
they had a candlelight vigil on campus tonight... i mean, really? like some ultra-local school that almost costs east coast private value isn't full of users? :tony: