PDA

View Full Version : Watch Long Beach practice on-line

Fio1
04-14-11, 11:18 PM
Not sure from where, but there is a scheduled stream of Friday practice from Long Beach. Go to www.firstrowsports.eu and click motorsports. Works great for F1 btw, I always watch BBC feed on that site.

High Sided
04-15-11, 12:09 AM
good luck but i doubt it. i tried it with barber and nothing showed up stating no video available.

SurfaceUnits
04-15-11, 11:19 AM
the feed would have to come from Versus, and Versus empirically stated that it aint gone to happen

pchall
04-15-11, 02:35 PM
the feed would have to come from Versus, and Versus empirically stated that it aint gone to happen

LOL The IRsmelL does such great things picking media partners. :rolleyes:

SurfaceUnits
04-15-11, 04:01 PM
the reversus ban on streaming really paid off last weekend didnt it :)

TrueBrit
04-15-11, 04:03 PM
...or see it in person in all it's craptastic glory...bloody hell these *****oxes are loud...that sun is mighty warm too...i can feel my midwestern trained skin sizzling as I type this...

SurfaceUnits
04-15-11, 08:00 PM
LOL The IRsmelL does such great things picking media partners. :rolleyes:

I kinda, somewhat miss the foytility threads

04/15/11 Versus remains a noose around IndyCar\'s neck UPDATE #3 Just when you thought it could not get any worse, it did. Versus posted a 0.2 final U.S. rating for last Sunday\'s Izod IndyCar Series Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama. The 0.3 previous published was a Cable TV rating. When the final numbers came in counting all households that have a TV, the final was a horrible 0.2. And the Versus noose around IndyCar\'s neck tightens.......

JohnHKart
04-16-11, 02:33 PM
...or see it in person in all it's craptastic glory...bloody hell these *****oxes are loud...that sun is mighty warm too...i can feel my midwestern trained skin sizzling as I type this...

I did and I was ready to go home or find something else to do after thirty minutes of practice. I only starting having fun when I hooked up with a friend that was there for lunch. We were looking up at the screen for the second practice and he noticed the cars were almost ten seconds off the Cart cars peak times. I will say something positive, I did notice way way more sponsors then my last visit to Long Beach in 2009.

G.
04-17-11, 02:05 PM
I kinda, somewhat miss the foytility threads

I straight-up miss them.

BarillaGirl
04-17-11, 03:24 PM
I would volunteer to take over the Foytility duties, but honestly, I keep forgetting the IRL exists and that they have a race schedule. :\

Duroc
04-17-11, 04:33 PM
I would volunteer to take over the Foytility duties, but honestly, I keep forgetting the IRL exists and that they have a race schedule. :\

Wait a minute..... they ran Alabama?

manic mechanic
04-17-11, 05:07 PM
Not sure from where, but there is a scheduled stream of Friday practice from Long Beach. Go to www.firstrowsports.eu and click motorsports.

Watch online? WHY???

I didn't even watch those ****boxes when they were on track!!! :yuck:

The GT battle in the ALMS race was fantastic though.

manic

cameraman
04-17-11, 06:34 PM
I just watched Long Beach. Lordy it was lame.:shakehead

SurfaceUnits
04-17-11, 07:11 PM
how lame

http://olbermannwatch.com/images/lamemeter.jpg

TrueBrit
04-17-11, 08:22 PM
Watch online? WHY???

I didn't even watch those ****boxes when they were on track!!! :yuck:

The GT battle in the ALMS race was fantastic though.

manic

That was some awesome, clean racing...the crowd around me certainly seemed to appreciate it...

SteveH
04-17-11, 08:30 PM
^ What did you think of drifting? :gomer:

TKGAngel
04-18-11, 08:45 AM
I watched. Three things that I noticed:

- No Scott Goodyear in the booth.

- Beekhuis/Dallenbach may get a talking to from league management for questioning why Tracy got two minutes for unintentional contact while Helio pulled the same maneuver and got off scott free. The broadcasters did use the phrase "perception of favoritism," so the league might have a few words to say about that.

- Another f-bomb got through during the Bourdais/Andretti wreck on pit lane.

racer2c
04-18-11, 09:03 AM
I watched. Three things that I noticed:

- No Scott Goodyear in the booth.

- Beekhuis/Dallenbach may get a talking to from league management for questioning why Tracy got two minutes for unintentional contact while Helio pulled the same maneuver and got off scott free. The broadcasters did use the phrase "perception of favoritism," so the league might have a few words to say about that.

- Another f-bomb got through during the Bourdais/Andretti wreck on pit lane.

The announcing was better without Goodyear.
There is no excuse for the f-bomb getting through. I'm guessing there will be quite a few meetings this week to smooth the feathers of the Boy Scouts of America.
The race was quite a yawn fest and then all of the sudden...Bam, there's Conway for the win.
I did notice they seemed to try harder than ever to keep from throwing yellows.
Man, I still hate those cars.

stroker
04-18-11, 10:00 AM
So Speed Report gave 'em what, 60 seconds? The first time a car other than Penske/Ganassi wins in forever and they didn't even run down the finishing order?

Jeebus...

:shakehead

cameraman
04-18-11, 10:06 AM
It doesn't deserve more than 60 seconds of coverage and I actually watched the silly thing.

indyfan31
04-18-11, 11:15 AM

So what you're saying is . . . . the big crowds were actually UNDER the grandstands? ;)

G.
04-18-11, 11:27 AM
Man, I still hate those cars.

I caught the last 4 laps from some "unapproved" broadcasting website. Turned it on Justin time. Saw a head-on shot of Conway coming down a short straight, me and one of the g.'s involuntarily said "ewww" at the same time.

Proud dad.

NismoZ
04-18-11, 07:58 PM
Despite all said previously...I am VERY happy Conway was able to win. That kid passed for the lead and then ran away. After Indy last year Im happy he's even alive. Great job. Not only did Helio not get a penalty for punting once, he did it a second time as well. Judged UNavoidable, I guess).

SurfaceUnits
04-20-11, 03:48 PM
preliminary Tv # donw %34 from last year

i guess that means you had to be %34 stoopider to watch it this year

Hard Driver
04-20-11, 09:37 PM
I watched it and enjoyed it. Yes, it is a bit of amature hour at times. Yes, I still think those cars are crapwagons. However, I think the racing was decent enough. I actually felt like it was more pure than the F1 race. When a pass was made at long beach, it was earned (or pit strategy) but it wasn't because of some DRS trick or someones tires dropped of a cliff in one lap.

racer2c
04-20-11, 10:35 PM
I watched it and enjoyed it. Yes, it is a bit of amature hour at times. Yes, I still think those cars are crapwagons. However, I think the racing was decent enough. I actually felt like it was more pure than the F1 race. When a pass was made at long beach, it was earned (or pit strategy) but it wasn't because of some DRS trick or someones tires dropped of a cliff in one lap.

True. F1 gimmicks blow. But! The Indy cars just don't have the extra reserve that CART cars had in order to for drivers to push harder. It's all about setup, not unlike NASCAR. Some hit it right, some don't.

TKGAngel
04-21-11, 07:59 AM
preliminary Tv # donw %34 from last year

i guess that means you had to be %34 stoopider to watch it this year

Numbers on Twitter suggest a .28 as the final number, which means 324,000 households were tuned into the race. For comparison's sake, the NHL game that aired on Versus that night drew 689,000 households.

I also can't figure out why the goobers & gomers of the world think it's a benefit to Indycar that Comcast/NBC/Versus shelled out $200 million/year for the NHL TV deal. I would think that Indy lies low on the NBC/Comcast/Versus sports priority scale, especially since these networks already have the NFL, NHL, college football, the Olympics and golf. Do goober & gomer really think that the network is going to make a charge for Indy and give them a great deal like the NHL got?

SurfaceUnits
04-21-11, 11:27 AM
it is the goober & gomer and TG and Mari and Barnhart et al mindset that it is everyone elses responsibility to make the IRl popular

Methanolandbrats
04-21-11, 10:41 PM
Despite all said previously...I am VERY happy Conway was able to win. That kid passed for the lead and then ran away. After Indy last year Im happy he's even alive. Great job. Not only did Helio not get a penalty for punting once, he did it a second time as well. Judged UNavoidable, I guess).

I gots to agreed. I didn't watch, but caught some on Windbag. Almost fence chum to P1 on podium is awesome. Good for Chucky :thumbup:

JohnHKart
04-22-11, 03:07 AM

While I hated watching practice in person, I enjoyed watching the race, which I just got around to tonight. Turbos and new cars cannot come soon enough. Bravo to Conway!