PDA

View Full Version : Rubber bullets

cameraman
04-12-11, 03:13 AM
Paul di Resta has been rather vocal about getting blasted by chunks of flying tire at Sepang. It seems that the Pirelli marbles tend to get thrown through the air more than what has happened in the past. Vettel agreed with this (translated) quote "There was a lump that was suddenly in the middle of my visor, they're like bullets fired from the car in front."

SteveH
04-12-11, 07:51 AM
Vettel supposedly said this about the clag coming off the tires "Imagine Singapore or Monaco, where a fan could suddenly find a piece of tire in his tea," :D

racer2c
04-12-11, 09:42 AM
I was shocked at the amount of klag that built up so quick off line.
The drop off on those Pirellis is amazing too.
A few of my auto cross pals refer to Pirelli tires as "bricks". The comparison to an F1 tire would be silly, but I wonder if their performance reputation trumps their actual product.

Andrew Longman
04-12-11, 01:39 PM
Vettel supposedly said this about the clag coming off the tires "Imagine Singapore or Monaco, where a fan could suddenly find a piece of tire in his tea," :DDirt nor rubber ever bothered me at Flemington or New Egypt :D

NismoZ
04-12-11, 01:58 PM
Firestone available?:)

SteveH
04-12-11, 02:10 PM
Dirt nor rubber ever bothered me at Flemington or New Egypt :D

Were you drinking tea? ;)

Andrew Longman
04-12-11, 02:27 PM
Were you drinking tea? ;)

Rolling Rock. Good point. But it was Rolling Rock not Schaefer. :gomer:

Steve99
04-12-11, 03:38 PM
If they were really "like bullets" I think we'd be hearing a lot more complaints. As a fan, I'd be more worried about my eyes than my tea.

Insomniac
04-12-11, 08:48 PM
Why not a harder tire with less rubber to the chords?

Hard Driver
04-13-11, 10:25 PM
I was shocked at the amount of klag that built up so quick off line.
The drop off on those Pirellis is amazing too.
A few of my auto cross pals refer to Pirelli tires as "bricks". The comparison to an F1 tire would be silly, but I wonder if their performance reputation trumps their actual product.

I had Pirelli tires once, totaled my car when they broke loose without warning at far too low a speed. I will never own them again.

pchall
04-15-11, 02:41 PM
Vettel supposedly said this about the clag coming off the tires "Imagine Singapore or Monaco, where a fan could suddenly find a piece of tire in his tea," :D

LOL I go to a few sprint and midget events every seaon. Some dirt and the odd screw nut always makes the beer taste better.