PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Ford Focus show car today- rust??????!!

JohnHKart
04-11-11, 12:40 AM
Was checking out the 2012 Ford Focus today at the Ford Show at Knotts. We noticed rust on the front brake rotors. It's a brand new car. How is this possible? Could this be a prototype that's been ridden hard in testing? The car was very comfortable for me to sit in and I'm 6 4.

datachicane
04-11-11, 01:10 AM
Rotors will flash-rust pretty quickly- it will happen any time you drive through a puddle and then park it for a few hours. Once around the block and they'll be fine.

WickerBill
04-11-11, 09:44 AM
Seriously (on the height/fit thing)?? That's pretty cool, I might have to try one out. I'm also 6f4i and heck, I struggle with my knees even in the Fusion/Malibu sized cars.

rosawendel
04-11-11, 09:48 AM
also 6'-4" and looking at cars also. looked like present focus offerings were minimal in therms of engine size and performance (and a manual transmission), though there were more performance-oriented offerings at the recent auto show.
I took a GTI around the block a week ago. wow, what a fun drive.

JohnHKart
04-14-11, 12:20 AM
Seriously (on the height/fit thing)?? That's pretty cool, I might have to try one out. I'm also 6f4i and heck, I struggle with my knees even in the Fusion/Malibu sized cars.

Yes. Even the Fiesta, with the left back seat up, the seat goes too far back. The show car I'm sure was the Titanium with the top seats, but even the lower level trim seats will still go way back like that. The rear seat has to come up for the front to go that far back though. It's the wrong driving position so it's actually too far back.