PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia

cameraman
04-09-11, 02:10 AM
Red Bull = McClaren > Renault = Ferrari > Mercedes > Sauber = Force India > Williams = Toro Rosso > Lotus > Virgin > HRT

cameraman
04-09-11, 05:43 AM
A very neat and orderly grid. I don't remember seeing the first five teams line up with teammates nose to tail before.

Cam
04-09-11, 01:52 PM
Starting to dislike Seb. In a schumi kind of way. :yuck:

cameraman
04-09-11, 08:30 PM
60% chance of rain for the second half of the race.

cameraman
04-10-11, 02:52 AM
Solid dark grey evil looking clouds one hour from the start:eek:

Chances of me doing the grid walk whilst doing my best impression of a drowned rat are looking high.

cameraman
04-10-11, 04:31 AM
Steve Matchett needs to shut his ****ing pie hole.

Trevor Longman
04-10-11, 11:30 AM
Oh come on whats wrong with Matchett? He's nerdy but only because he cares so much about the sport and the insight he can provide about the technology is invaluable.

Gnam
04-10-11, 02:30 PM
Three wide down the back straight, excellent!

Any word if Petrov's Dukes of Hazzard impression injured his back? That was some landing. :eek:

cameraman
04-10-11, 03:04 PM
Oh come on whats wrong with Matchett? He's nerdy but only because he cares so much about the sport and the insight he can provide about the technology is invaluable.

That was posted as he went on and on about the teams not going to inters when it was "raining". It is pretty rare for me to actually tell the TV to shut up.:flame:

Insomniac
04-10-11, 03:34 PM
Any word if Petrov's Dukes of Hazzard impression injured his back? That was some landing. :eek:

If that was an IndyCar, it would've done a back flip. He seemed just fine after getting out of the car.

j_d
04-10-11, 08:08 PM
Three wide down the back straight, excellent!

What, did they think there were at Texas Motor Speedway or something?

Seriously, that show of excellent driving got everyone's attention at my house.

devilmaster
04-10-11, 08:45 PM
If that was an IndyCar, it would've done a back flip. He seemed just fine after getting out of the car.

Funny thing, I've watched the slow-mo a few times now... could the car have continued on without the steering failure? The only other thing i saw was the front wing endplate.... that car looked pretty good for what it just went through....

cameraman
04-10-11, 10:35 PM
Turns out it was the steering column mounts that broke, the wheel still worked even though it was flopping about.

Insomniac
04-10-11, 11:43 PM
Funny thing, I've watched the slow-mo a few times now... could the car have continued on without the steering failure? The only other thing i saw was the front wing endplate.... that car looked pretty good for what it just went through....

Yeah, the suspension and wheels looked intact. Advantage of carbon over steel? It did slam down with forces you'd kinda expect from curbs and stuff.

Also, I meant to mention that overhead of the start was the best shot of the start I have ever seen. I was rewinding it to see how different cars moved. :thumbup:

Insomniac
04-10-11, 11:44 PM
Turns out it was the steering column mounts that broke, the wheel still worked even though it was flopping about.

Hah! They didn't plan for those forces on the brackets. :)

datachicane
04-11-11, 01:06 PM
Nice penalty for Alonso.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_2Yptu8g36aI/TaM0iXVUK8I/AAAAAAAADoM/D0oIcsqUEbQ/s800/Vehicule.jpg

Coup-fourré!

:yuck:

cameraman
04-11-11, 01:22 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_2Yptu8g36aI/TaM0iXVUK8I/AAAAAAAADoM/D0oIcsqUEbQ/s800/Vehicule.jpg

What game is that card from? I had it as a kid but I can't remember what it was called.

TrueBrit
04-11-11, 01:24 PM
Starting to dislike Seb. In a schumi kind of way. :yuck:

Yup. Me too.

Gnam
04-11-11, 02:26 PM
Article about Hamilton and Alonso's penalties:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11042011/58/hamilton-accepts-penalty-malaysia.html

I wish it was possible to know the finishing positions right after a race and not have to wait until the next day.

Heeltoe
04-11-11, 03:45 PM
"What game is that card from? I had it as a kid but I can't remember what it was called. "

Mille Bornes. Always loved the As du Volant complete with driving glove

datachicane
04-11-11, 05:33 PM
"What game is that card from? I had it as a kid but I can't remember what it was called. "

Mille Bornes. Always loved the As du Volant complete with driving glove

Yep, the artwork on that one was cool, but the best was shouting "Increvable!" in your best 10-year-old Monty Python meets Jacques Cousteau French accent.

"Increvable!"
:tony:

Indy
04-11-11, 08:39 PM
I still have a Milles Bornes set from the 70's. That reminds me, I need to teach my son to play. :thumbup:

cameraman
04-11-11, 09:31 PM
That is exactly what prompted me to ask for the name of the game.:thumbup:

Insomniac
04-12-11, 08:46 PM
Article about Hamilton and Alonso's penalties:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11042011/58/hamilton-accepts-penalty-malaysia.html

I wish it was possible to know the finishing positions right after a race and not have to wait until the next day.

So dumb. They need to add a statute of limitations to the rules that ends 2 x qualifying time after the end of the race.