PDA

View Full Version : Live qualifying might actually be live...

cameraman
04-03-11, 02:22 PM
It turns out that the Austin Statesman (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/racing/entries/2011/03/31/speed_tv_considering_showing_f.html) is covering F1 like it actually has an interest in F1:gomer:

Anyway I hope this is true. SpeedTV is responding to complaints that their "live" coverage last week was actually about 20 minutes delayed much to the displeasure of all of us trying to follow really "live" timing & twitter feeds as we watched the sessions. They are considering going truly live next week to address those complaints.

I hope they do it:thumbup:

Insomniac
04-03-11, 03:23 PM
It turns out that the Austin Statesman (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/racing/entries/2011/03/31/speed_tv_considering_showing_f.html) is covering F1 like it actually has an interest in F1:gomer:

Anyway I hope this is true. SpeedTV is responding to complaints that their "live" coverage last week was actually about 20 minutes delayed much to the displeasure of all of us trying to follow really "live" timing & twitter feeds as we watched the sessions. They are considering going truly live next week to address those complaints.

I hope they do it:thumbup:

Haven't they been tape delayed to live for a while now?

Trevor Longman
04-03-11, 03:34 PM
I'm sure they can sacrifice one of the 2am shakeweight infomercials to make it happen. :laugh:

cameraman
04-03-11, 05:24 PM
Haven't they been tape delayed to live for a while now?

Yeah but this year everyone and their dog is doing live timing and twitter feeds from the pit wall. This is the first year when it really makes a difference.

Insomniac
04-03-11, 07:19 PM
Yeah but this year everyone and their dog is doing live timing and twitter feeds from the pit wall. This is the first year when it really makes a difference.

Gotcha. I generally DVR it, so live timing is always not an option for me. I just avoid ESPN and OC until I watch the qualifying/race.

Fio1
04-04-11, 12:28 AM
I noticed that when I watched the races on-line and on Speed, the Speed coverage was like 3-laps behind. For quail I never noticed, as I always DVDR it anyways. No biggie unless you are using 1 of the timing aps or something.