PDA

View Full Version : First corner

Shadow
03-27-11, 01:08 PM
I just said to DW - look, this is going to be a disaster in the first turn the way they are starting. Then prediction quickly became fact.

Power was leading them much too slowly. It was almost like a standing start.

Hard Driver
03-29-11, 01:34 PM
I just said to DW - look, this is going to be a disaster in the first turn the way they are starting. Then prediction quickly became fact.

Actually worse because they were starting closer than the rows do in F1.

Combine that with a bunch of amatuers and we got how many starts in the first 15 laps, 4 or something with yellow laps.

cameraman
03-29-11, 04:58 PM

I read a post about that. Power lead them down the front straight at ~65 mph as he was instructed to do by race control.:confused:

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The bunched the field up far tighter than any standing start. There was no stagger between the rows like any standing start. Two rows of cars, rolling at the same speed, less than a car length between them, identical sealed engines, transmissions and chassis.

And they wonder why it all ends up in a steaming heap a the 90° corner at the end of the straight?

Those jackasses designed a crash. There was no other outcome possible for that set up. That series is an abject embarrassment.

Hard Driver
03-29-11, 11:04 PM
I guess they were getting jealous of the Nascar "big ones" and tried to stage their own.