PDA

View Full Version : Creedence Clearwater Revival

opinionated ow
03-18-11, 09:47 AM
Are these guys not the coolest dags to come out of the 60s? Normally I'm all soul/funk/gospel/blues all the time but I'm binging on CCR this weekend. I'd forgotten how awesome their music was!
5BmEGm-mraE
gYNAF-QcPrE

racer2c
03-18-11, 09:52 AM
The grass roots movement in the late 60's produced some great music. Even the Beatles jumped on board. It is an interesting example of the pendulum effect.

Don Quixote
03-18-11, 10:07 AM
When I was a kid, playing CCR records was the fasted way to get my dad to yell "turn that s*** down!".

dando
03-18-11, 10:56 AM
I love Creedence!

LlVjdyfJIWs

EDIT: for those that need a clue:

-SAGUefMMmc

-Kevin

TKGAngel
03-18-11, 01:14 PM
Thanks for providing me with inspiration for what to listen to in the office this afternoon. I have CCR/Fogerty on shuffle. Will I get drummed out of this thread for admitting that I like the Tina Turner version of Proud Mary better?

dando
03-18-11, 01:35 PM
Will I get drummed out of this thread for admitting that I like the Tina Turner version of Proud Mary better?

No. We understand yer from Buffalo. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

nrc
03-18-11, 02:01 PM
I'm more partial to The Band.

sMHyovwX7JM

Gnam
03-18-11, 03:01 PM
The Dude Abides.

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/2714/lebowski.jpg

Don Quixote
03-18-11, 03:24 PM
I'm more partial to The Band.

I watched the Last Waltz on Palladium this week. What a show that was. :thumbup:

dando
03-18-11, 03:53 PM
I watched the Last Waltz on Palladium this week. What a show that was. :thumbup:

Fixerated. :gomer:

-Kevin

Elmo T
03-18-11, 03:57 PM

Blu-Ray DVD of the Last Waltz came as a freebie when I bought my player. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
03-18-11, 04:33 PM
Fixerated. :gomer:

-Kevin
Isn't there a boy band thread for you to post in, junior?

Don Quixote
03-18-11, 04:34 PM
Blu-Ray DVD of the Last Waltz came as a freebie when I bought my player. :thumbup:I have the standard def, and was thinking abvout springing for the BR. However, I am already at the stage where the wife says "Are you watching that again?"

opinionated ow
03-18-11, 04:50 PM
Thanks for providing me with inspiration for what to listen to in the office this afternoon. I have CCR/Fogerty on shuffle. Will I get drummed out of this thread for admitting that I like the Tina Turner version of Proud Mary better?

Nah, I'm quite partial to Solomon Burke's version.

dando
03-19-11, 12:33 AM
Isn't there a boy band thread for you to post in, junior?

Damn. Why do I need to fixing these posts? :gomer:

-Kevin

cameraman
03-19-11, 01:09 AM
Nah, I'm quite partial to Solomon Burke's version.

uN2BNjLqvRY

It's too bad he wasn't able to get a handle on his weight problem.

"here comes the bikini...":rofl:

Gcz6l2hlGsU

JohnHKart
03-19-11, 06:47 AM
Love Fogerty and especially love his last three albums (not the cover album). If the world wasn't so screwed up and if the 90s music scene didn't suck so bad, his 97 album Blue Moon Swamp should have sould 20 million copies. It's every bit as brilliant as CCR stuff. Hell, it is CCR.

SurfaceUnits
03-19-11, 09:23 PM
When I was a kid, playing CCR records was the fasted way to get my dad to yell \"turn that s*** down!\".

what did Canadas greatest band Five Man Electrical Band do for him

Don Quixote
03-20-11, 09:14 AM
what did Canadas greatest band Five Man Electrical Band do for himI always thought of that band as a one hit wonder, and never had their album. Were they good? My brother wore out their 45 and I remember that a bar up the street had "Signs" on their jukebox when I was in college.

cameraman
03-20-11, 10:44 AM
I had one of these too...

ZrdH4Tm8p-U

Andrew Longman
03-20-11, 11:54 AM
what did Canadas greatest band Five Man Electrical Band do for him

Greatest? No. More like this aJprEyXMrIkj83xviHVmGgDonchaknow. You betchya.

CCR? Man there are so many that have been part of my life's soundtrack. Run through the Jungle. Fortunate Son. But this may top it Vh1BxjcmZQo

And its the soundtrack for great but little known Vietnam era "B" movie by the same name (based on the novel The Dog Soldiers) with Nick Nolte, Tuesday Weld, and Michael Moriarty. That's a gem if you ever find it.