PDA

View Full Version : Hispania = FAIL

cameraman
03-11-11, 08:51 PM
Abject failure. They have not turned a single lap in testing so far this year. They couldn't even get their car parts through customs to get them into Spain much less get the car assembled. Looks like they are shooting for USF1 levels of fail.

opinionated ow
03-12-11, 12:30 AM
F111 fail...:rofl:

Insomniac
03-12-11, 01:44 PM
It's crazy that this happens in F1.

racer2c
03-12-11, 02:54 PM
Puleeze. They have a season under their belts and a new car for the new year. Comparing them to usf1 is ridiculous.

cameraman
03-12-11, 03:44 PM
No they don't have a new car for this year. That is the whole issue.
They have never even started the engine - EVER.

JohnHKart
03-12-11, 04:21 PM
Wow I didn't know they haven't even got on the track. Thanks for the info. I tend to only look at the top teams as far as winter testing news.

racer2c
03-12-11, 08:23 PM
No they don't have a new car for this year. That is the whole issue.
They have never even started the engine - EVER.

So it hasn't turned a wheel? But it is a new car and they will start the seasons first race. So please, again, help my thick skull understand how this is an "epic failure" on par with usf1?

“Starting the programme to develop the F111 has been an enormous challenge,” said Willis. “The group of engineers working from many separate locations had to produce the 2011 HRT chassis to meet the new regulations, package the Williams LG14 transmission, design all new rear suspension to suit and develop a complete aero package.

"Given the tight time frame, I am very impressed with the result and the enormous efforts everyone has put in to achieve the objective. However we have to be realistic in our expectations of performance; this is very much a baseline car which the team must develop in 2011.”

Last season the team relied on a car that had been originally put together by Italian chassis manufacturer Dallara. But the two companies ended their collaboration early on and very little development work was carried out during the course of the season. Despite failing to score a single championship point, the team finished 11th in standings ahead of fellow 2010 newcomers Virgin.

cameraman
03-24-11, 10:46 PM
They will not turn a lap in FP1.

cameraman
03-25-11, 11:09 PM
HRT will get Liuzzi out but the 2011 nose has failed crash test. Using last year's nose.:shakehead

cameraman
03-25-11, 11:21 PM
Luizzi's car died on the install lap and has pulled off in a run off area:shakehead