PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Shooty Hoops

Don Quixote
03-09-11, 11:05 PM
Boy, did Rutgers ever get screwed by the refs in their game against St. Johns today. :shakehead

Don Quixote
03-10-11, 12:30 AM
University of Northern Colorado Bears win the Big Sky tourney and go to the dance for the first time ever! I would put the atmosphere in that little gym in Greeley against any of the big barns that the majors play in. :thumbup:

TravelGal
03-10-11, 02:06 AM
Boy, did Rutgers ever get screwed by the refs in their game against St. Johns today. :shakehead

It was so bad, the sports shows in San Diego were even talking about it.

gerhard911
03-10-11, 09:34 AM
We have been putting up with Jim Burr & Tim Higgins for years in the Big East. Possibly the worst refs ever. :shakehead

Until that Rutgers fiasco I had never seen them work together. What a recipe for disaster and that's what the NCAA (Big East) got. Those clowns need to be retired :flame:

dando
03-10-11, 11:02 AM
We have been putting up with Jim Burr & Tim Higgins for years in the Big East. Possibly the worst refs ever. :shakehead

Until that Rutgers fiasco I had never seen them work together. What a recipe for disaster and that's what the NCAA (Big East) got. Those clowns need to be retired :flame:

They also ref in the Big 10+1. I've seen them together and even with Ed Hightower as a crew. :saywhat: Which of them is worse is up in the air b/w Burr, Higgins, Teddy TV and Hightower. The local scribes have been following the ref's schedules closely this season and writing pieces about their workload. As I mentioned in another thread, there was one crew that reffed a game in East Lansing past 11pm and then reffed the OSU/PU game in West Lafayette @ 1pm the next day. That's just insane. :irked: They've also detailed a bunch of other ref's schedules, and it's just nuts what these guys do. No idea if this had an impact on the SJ/Big Red R game, or if it was just shear incompetence. :shakehead

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-10-11, 11:33 AM
shear incompetence
I am not a guy to yell "fix" every time a ref blows a call or a game, but after watching the last minute of that game I can honestly see how you could come to that conclusion. Big East wants St. Johns to get a good seed for the NCAA, and Rutgers gets screwed. Just saying. [/paranoid]

dando
03-10-11, 12:48 PM
Big East wants St. Johns to get a good seed for the NCAA, and Rutgers gets screwed. Just saying. [/paranoid]

The Johnnies are definitely the Cinderella story for this season.

-Kevin

gerhard911
03-10-11, 01:12 PM
The three St. Johns - Rutgers refs have "voluntarily withdrawn" from the rest of the Big East Tournament. Wanna bet they are back for the NCAA Tourny ?

dando
03-10-11, 01:15 PM
The three St. Johns - Rutgers refs have "voluntarily withdrawn" from the rest of the Big East Tournament. Wanna bet they are back for the NCAA Tourny ?

According to The Turd this AM, Jim Burr is the best ref ever. :saywhat:

-Kevin

gerhard911
03-10-11, 02:56 PM
According to The Turd this AM, Jim Burr is the best ref ever. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Pitt-Uconn game announcer on ESPN saying basically the same thing. No doubt the NCAA has gotten to the media @ trash talking their officials. :yuck:

dando
03-10-11, 03:12 PM
Pitt/Uconn....dagger as the clock went to 0.0. And hey, the refs were still on the court for the finish. :gomer: BTW, I hate UConn with a passion. :irked:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-10-11, 05:03 PM
Pitt/Uconn....dagger as the clock went to 0.0. And hey, the refs were still on the court for the finish. :gomer: BTW, I hate UConn with a passion. :irked:

-Kevin
Do you ever work?

dando
03-10-11, 05:26 PM
Do you ever work?

We have TVs around the office to publish content updates. You == jealous
:p

Dvdb
03-10-11, 06:20 PM
Miami and Akron going to double overtime.

Redhawks were down 20 at one stage.

(Personal aside, still pains me to type Redhawks. We're the Redskins, damn it)

dando
03-10-11, 06:38 PM
Miami and Akron going to double overtime.

Redhawks were down 20 at one stage.

(Personal aside, still pains me to type Redhawks. We're the Redskins, damn it)

Yer also Miami, OH. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
03-10-11, 06:49 PM
The Johnnies got theirs back today. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dvdb
03-10-11, 09:21 PM
Always thought we should be THE Miami University

Insomniac
03-10-11, 09:32 PM
WVU had a nice run to end the season, then blew it. :(

IlliniRacer
03-11-11, 10:10 PM
UCONN - Syracuse headed to OT. . . . you don't it could happen again?

dando
03-12-11, 11:20 AM
So much for all of the ND love I was hearing yesterday. :laugh:

NW/OSU :eek:

Note to Illini fan: it's time for Weber to go.

-Kevin

dando
03-12-11, 12:27 PM
Oh, and too bad our resident Bucky fan has gone MIA. That PSU/Bucky game was just brutal to watch. 36-33?!? :saywhat:

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
03-12-11, 07:04 PM
Note to Illini fan: it's time for Weber to go.

-Kevin

I'm starting to shift that way. The most underachieving group of Seniors I have ever seen.

dando
03-12-11, 09:41 PM
Washington/'zona...this is why I love this game. Dagger @ the buzzer in OT for the UW. :thumbup: I think I heard Gus Johnson from LA w/o the TV audio. :D And for those that think a playoff would cheapen the regular season for college foosball...WTF?!? :saywhat: :shakehead :thumdown:

-Kevin

SteveH
03-12-11, 10:37 PM
^ amazing finish to that game :thumbup:

TravelGal
03-12-11, 11:02 PM
AZTECS!:thumbup:

'bout time!

dando
03-13-11, 05:33 PM
Nice run, PSU....but we be BIG champs x2. :D

BTW, I'd like to beat the designer of that logo with a stick. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

extramundane
03-27-11, 07:25 PM
As seen around town lately:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/189/dickvitalehasaplatefull.jpg

TravelGal
04-04-11, 11:13 PM
P U

and I don't mean Purdue.

:yuck:

dando
04-05-11, 08:04 AM
That was just brutal to watch last night. :saywhat: Shooting was poor the entire Final Four...me thinks these venues they are playing @ is affecting the shot backgrounds, angles, etc. Shouldn't be playing hoops in stadiums. :irked:

-Kevin