PDA

View Full Version : hope for the future

rosawendel
03-07-11, 11:24 AM
The kid likes going to the local Winking Lizard (small chain bar here in the area), and he always likes to sit at the same video game and wiggle the steering wheel. I caught him with the cell phone camera the last go-around:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3858/photoniq.jpg

He likes the Shell car the best.

racer2c
03-07-11, 11:56 AM
Cute pic. Never knew they had a CART arcade racer. The emotional pangs are still surprising when I see the CART logo. :flame:

Don Quixote
03-07-11, 12:20 PM
The emotional pangs are still surprising when I see the CART logo. :flame: I have to see it every day on my bumper. :D

dando
03-07-11, 12:53 PM
:cool: I had completely forgotten about that game from the late 90s. :thumbup: I still have the CCWS sticker on the rear window of the bimmer. :)

-Kevin

G.
03-07-11, 01:17 PM
local laser-tag place had one of these. Wife always wondered why I was so enthused to take g. to the birthday parties there. It wasn't just for the firearms.:D

devilmaster
03-07-11, 02:06 PM
I have to see it every day on my bumper. :D

Yah, I think you're driving the car wrong then... or the bumper fell off and reattached in the wrong place..... ;)

Problem was that was such a crappy game..... I hated it... although it was the first incarnation of the push 2 pass button.... :gomer:

Andrew Longman
03-07-11, 02:23 PM
This was my hope for the future. MIS 2000

Turned out well. :D

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54&thumb=1&d=1203787865

Of course I think in the last few years he's learned more from you nutjobs here and at other innerwb sites than from anything I did.:gomer:

dando
03-07-11, 03:38 PM
This was my hope for the future. MIS 2000

Turned out well. :D

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54&thumb=1&d=1203787865

Of course I think in the last few years he's learned more from you nutjobs here and at other innerwb sites than from anything I did.:gomer:

Except for that hat. Child abuse. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
03-07-11, 03:53 PM
Except for that hat.I was concerned about UV protection. He on his own has been pretty good at picking winners. Let me see... 40 pennants, 27 championships? Yup. ;)

But I think it was later that same day we were looking at an old Lotus Turbine that was displayed at the track. The crew from Gugelmin's team was there, fawning over the car with us. They started up a conversation with him and gave him a Hollywood cap. Tobacco, I know. But it had the same sun shade factor as the Yankees cap.

Andrew Longman
03-07-11, 03:54 PM

devilmaster
03-07-11, 05:01 PM
Except for that hat. Child abuse. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

And you didn't let him throw the pop can at :tony:

sad. just sad. Trev coulda been someone. He coulda been a contender...

dando
03-07-11, 05:13 PM
And you didn't let him throw the pop can at :tony:

sad. just sad. Trev coulda been someone. He coulda been a contender...

Poor kid. Shoulda, coulda, woulda... ;)

@ least he taught his old man how to post an embedded Youtube video on the OC. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-07-11, 05:15 PM
Besides, I think Trevor has been exposed since an early age to various Michigan influences. Hard to recover from that type of upbringing.

dando
03-07-11, 05:27 PM
Besides, I think Trevor has been exposed since an early age to various Michigan influences. Hard to recover from that type of upbringing.

More child abuse. So sad. :p

And you typed a work that violates one of the 10 commandments of the OC. Thou shalt not speak/type of TSUN. :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
03-07-11, 07:50 PM
Rosawendel, congrats and I share your hope. Enjoy. It is worth everything :D

Even the crap these jokers like to dish. :p

rosawendel
03-07-11, 08:14 PM
Thanks. It's all good. He is definately going to be a racing fan, just not sure what kind yet. He likes ALMS ("Porsches and Ferraris"), but his present fave is the NASCAR (which I have taught him to call "taxicabs"), especially the trucks ("taxicab pickle trucks") and Monster Jam.