PDA

View Full Version : She's #4! She's #4!

NismoZ
03-06-11, 01:13 PM
Nationwide makes major lamestream news on a basketball weekend! Name, pictures, video...and NOT just on the sports channels. I still say she's ducking Simona!:irked:

Andrew Longman
03-06-11, 02:20 PM
Had the race on for a while yesterday while hanging curtains.

Marty Reid showed for much of the time how well prepared and practiced he was to go on and on about how Danica was fighting hard a lap down in 15th place.

"Don't worry, there is no action at the front, but let's check in on Danica working again for that Lucky Dog..."

:shakehead

Insomniac
03-06-11, 03:07 PM
Had the race on for a while yesterday while hanging curtains.

Marty Reid showed for much of the time how well prepared and practiced he was to go on and on about how Danica was fighting hard a lap down in 15th place.

"Don't worry, there is no action at the front, but let's check in on Danica working again for that Lucky Dog..."

:shakehead

First, I'm amazed at how much work people get done around here while the IRL/NASCAR are on in the background. ;)

I saw the headline on ESPN.com last night and did read the article. Seemed like a fuel run. I imagine that's the only way she'll be able to win a race at this point. Might as well gamble every race and hope it pays off. (This is probably a little harder in NASCAR considering someone could just as soon punt her out of the way.)

Andrew Longman
03-06-11, 04:35 PM
First, I'm amazed at how much work people get done around here while the IRL/NASCAR are on in the background. ;)

Got the cup race on now. Waiting for decals to dry on a model I'm building with my youngest. Two spins already in the first few laps. Oh fun. But it is March and this is what I have to choose from for racing.

As for Danica, she didn't suck. And so far this year I have to admit she's done better than Francitti, Pruett, Hornish and a few other open wheelers have done in NASCAR.

But she hasn't been routinely punted either. Maybe she, like Montoya, are seen as helping the sport, not invading it. ;)

She is probably good enough and good enough at grabbing sponsors to have a nice long meaningless career like Mickey Waltrip. Not much more though.

TKGAngel
03-07-11, 09:50 AM
I did hear that she hired Johnny Benson as her driving coach for the weekends she does NASCAR.

Maybe she, like Montoya, are seen as helping the sport, not invading it.

Couldn't swing a dead cat on the internet this weekend without seeing notes about how her finish was the highest ever for a woman in NASCAR. I'm thinking it's all fun and games until she throws a temper tantrum and tries to get all up in Tony Stewart's grill.

Don Quixote
03-07-11, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking it's all fun and games until she throws a temper tantrum and tries to get all up in Tony Stewart's grill. Or Kyle Busch's. :D

SteveH
03-07-11, 01:19 PM
And then the inevitable will happen. She'll find out what the chrome horn is really like.

Rubbin's racin.

boogity boogity

opinionated ow
03-07-11, 04:56 PM
In related news, rednecks everywhere have decried NASCAR as ruined after two foreigners claimed top 5 results in the Kobalt Tools 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Juan Pablo Montoya, 35, of Bogota Colombia claimed 3rd position whilst Marcos Ambrose, 34, of Launceston, Tasmania, Australia claimed 4th position in the Richard Petty Motorsports Ford Fusion.

Redneck spokesman Billy Bob "Bubba" Smithton said, "those damned furriners have ruint NASCAR. T'ain't the same now. Those good ole boys need to show them how to boogity, boogity with their sisters else this sport will be broked forever."

Cam
03-07-11, 07:35 PM
Those good ole boys need to show them how to boogity, boogity with their sisters else this sport will be broked forever."

Taswegians are more than capable of the boogity with their sisters. :gomer: