PDA

View Full Version : Stewart To McLaren!

NismoZ
03-05-11, 04:06 PM
For a few laps, anyway. I guess he and Lewis are going to trade cars and teach each other how to drive?:) Watkins Glen, the Mobil1 connection. Will Tony even fit? How much padding will Hamilton need? The world awaits!

Michaelhatesfans
03-05-11, 06:15 PM
I thought you meant Jackie.:cool:

Cam
03-05-11, 06:52 PM
I don't see how his fat arse will squeeze in? :saywhat:

stroker
03-05-11, 09:24 PM
Sponsored by Crisco.

Cam
03-05-11, 11:12 PM
On a related note... THIS (http://www.wintv.com.au/national/news/item/38996)is trading paint. :thumbup:

Trevor Longman
03-06-11, 12:19 AM
I'll be there for sure, assuming its open to the public. Seeing F1 at watkins glen is a dream of mine so this is as close as they will ever get.

NismoZ
03-06-11, 01:05 PM
Speaking of Jackie, the 71 yr. old. ex-champ is recovering after suffering bad chest pains while on a recent flight. See, even us slim little guys get all clogged up. Damn race track food!

NismoZ
06-14-11, 08:11 PM
"The fun is just beginning." That's what Varsha just said. Hamilton (not Bobby) vs. Stewart (not Jackie.) Watkins Glen, cold and wet, foggy, crappy, windy. Too bad. Hope nobody bends anything. Live (nope, slight delay) on SPEED, right NOW!:)

NismoZ
06-14-11, 08:27 PM
David Coulthard in the pace car. Ahhh...the sounds of F-1 at the Glen. Sweet. Were you there Trev? Tony is focused. Lewis LOVES the track! Watches, and listens, as Stewart passes S/F, Hamilton pauses the interview and says, "That sounds WICKED" I think they are both having a really good time...at least until they switch cars!:D

NismoZ
06-14-11, 08:52 PM
Well, I enjoyed it . Hope they did. A race driver is a race driver, I guess.:):thumbup: (Lewis wants to try a sprint car! And Tony says, "That was was the coolest experience I've ever had!" Thanks, guys.

racer2c
06-14-11, 09:30 PM
Well, I enjoyed it . Hope they did. A race driver is a race driver, I guess.:):thumbup: (Lewis wants to try a sprint car! And Tony says, "That was was the coolest experience I've ever had!" Thanks, guys.

I'd rather see them swap with Ice Road Truckers. 80,ooolbs of pure performance.

Trevor Longman
06-14-11, 10:36 PM
Me and my dad and bro went with a friend of mine for the day. The weather was terrible and I wish they did more laps but man what sound! The scream of that F1 car just echos off of the hills. Seeing Lewis Drift the Cup car was pretty entertaining too! It would have been nice to give each guy like 15 laps each to really get used to the car and start pushing its limits but having never heard an F1 car in person before, I was grateful for what ever chance I got. It was a kind of cruel tease of what will never happen though. Seeing an F1 car drive around that track and just imagining what it would be like when pushed to the edge is just heart breaking when you know that F1 will never again race there. Overall a very enjoyable day despite the weather, and on a side note, was anyone else impressed by the speed of Stewart in the F1 car especially on his last lap? In an unknown car on a damp track that was damn impressive!

NismoZ
06-15-11, 11:00 AM
Sure I was impressed, but then I saw him a few times when he was dirt tracking sprints, midgets and Silver Crowns and he was REALLY impressive then. You don't have to like someone to appreciate their talent. Alan Iverson comes to mind!:D

Andrew Longman
06-17-11, 01:48 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37122540@N02/5837617197/#/photos/37122540@N02/5837617197/lightbox/

I'm biased but I think the kid has a pretty good eye. :D

Gnam
06-17-11, 03:32 PM
:thumbup:

racer2c
06-17-11, 03:46 PM
Nice pics! I see that all of the pics were taken with a 135mm focal length. Are you using a Canon 135mm F/2 L USM by chance? Or maybe the EF 28mm-135mm IS USM zoomed full out?

Elmo T
06-17-11, 03:51 PM
Nice photos - I really need to make the trek up there. :thumbup:

Trevor Longman
06-17-11, 06:18 PM
Nice pics! I see that all of the pics were taken with a 135mm focal length. Are you using a Canon 135mm F/2 L USM by chance? Or maybe the EF 28mm-135mm IS USM zoomed full out?

Glad you all like them. I'm using the standard 28mm-135mm IS USM lens that came with the Canon 50D when I got it 2 years ago. The reason every one of those pictures is shown at 135mm is because for the type of long distance action shots I tend to do at the track, I really need a bigger lens in the telephoto range. Who knows maybe someday I'll have a couple thousand dollars lying around and maybe I can spend it on that but for the time being its not looking likely to happen anytime soon. Those shots there with the exception of the NASCAR one were actually cropped a little bit after it was already at full zoom just to get the framing I wanted. Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

racer2c
06-17-11, 09:16 PM
Glad you all like them. I'm using the standard 28mm-135mm IS USM lens that came with the Canon 50D when I got it 2 years ago. The reason every one of those pictures is shown at 135mm is because for the type of long distance action shots I tend to do at the track, I really need a bigger lens in the telephoto range. Who knows maybe someday I'll have a couple thousand dollars lying around and maybe I can spend it on that but for the time being its not looking likely to happen anytime soon. Those shots there with the exception of the NASCAR one were actually cropped a little bit after it was already at full zoom just to get the framing I wanted. Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

Keep it up! Looking forward to the next batch!:thumbup:

Trevor Longman
06-17-11, 11:20 PM
Thanks! Well the next batch will probably be from the Lime Rock ALMS race in about 3 weeks. Until then I have a ton of other stuff on my Flickr already.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37122540@N02/